Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 851,846 times)

Phantoms (1998)

Ben Affleck really was the bomb!

I actually liked it quite a lot, something between The Thing and Mimic. not perfect, but enjoyable.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I really do like that movie too.

First Blood

First Blood

Liev Schreiber's constant raper face was the highlight for me. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2014, 09:14:41 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2014, 08:34:40 PM
Star Wars Ep 1 and 2 this morning. I decided I wanted to rewatch the series and forced the Mrs to watch too. Felt in the mood after watching some Rebels last night. I still like the prequels - I know they're not quite the same as the originals but I like the political intrigue, I like the Jedi fights.

Just finished watching episode 3. I stand by previous comments about the prequel trilogy. But Jesus, I hate Palpatine in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv666PtpD_M

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 24, 2014, 10:39:18 PM
Liev Schreiber's constant raper face was the highlight for me. :laugh:
Made all the worse by the whole 'hey, you want to see something?' ordeal... :P

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Hellboy, in preparation for a paper I'm going to be writing

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nightbreed: The Director's Cut

I want his balls. /10

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 24, 2014, 10:47:47 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2014, 09:14:41 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2014, 08:34:40 PM
Star Wars Ep 1 and 2 this morning. I decided I wanted to rewatch the series and forced the Mrs to watch too. Felt in the mood after watching some Rebels last night. I still like the prequels - I know they're not quite the same as the originals but I like the political intrigue, I like the Jedi fights.

Just finished watching episode 3. I stand by previous comments about the prequel trilogy. But Jesus, I hate Palpatine in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv666PtpD_M

Urgh. I love taking the piss out of that - but watching it only makes me cringe.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014)

Yup, I loved it. It was just as good as Catching Fire, but obviously a very different film. Jennifer Lawrence once again shone as Katniss and Julianne Moore was a very welcome addition to the cast as President Alma Coin. She made the character a lot more likeable than I remember her from the books. Then again, overall, so far the films have been better than the books.

Natalie Dormer was good, of course, but I wanted more. I don't understand some of the criticism this film has been getting. People who've read the books are saying it ended just as the interesting part was about to happen. The assault on the final districts and the Capitol is certainly heavy on the action (among other things), but I think this film was equally important, setting things up and giving us some really strong character moments and emotional scenes.

I think they ended it on a good note and pretty much where I expected them to. Looking forward to seeing the final chapter.

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

the last movie I watched was 22 jump street and alien1.

First Blood

First Blood

The Expendables 3 (2014)

Liked it even more the second time around.

Happy New Year motherf**ker!/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Pumpkinhead

A fun little paranormal horror/revenge flick. A pretty solid directorial debut for Stan Winston; it's too bad he didn't really ever try to do a bit more directing beyond this. Lance Henriksen is cool as ever, despite not having all that much to say, and I was a fan of Pumpkinhead himself (though I think his initial reveal could have been handled a bit better). The film was at its best during the final act. That's when Pumpkinhead was looking his best and when the film got really atmospheric.

Is Winston's second film worth checking out?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Glad you liked it man. One of my favourite horror films!

Gnorm is not anything special really, but I like it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Golden Child

"I got the knife. Now turn the goddamn lights on!"

Teleporting demon Charles Dance was the best part of this.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I need to see that purely because of your description of Charles Dance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed