Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 838,672 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

An Officer and a Gentleman

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

The Many Saints of Newark (3.5/5)

I might be a little bias on this one as I hold The Sopranos as my favorite show of all time. With that being said, this was definitely a fun stroll down memory lane.

The actors portraying characters from the show, in their earlier years, nailed the characters down. Pretty impressive.

However, the first 30-45min struggles to find its footing with randomly edited scenes thrown together. But once it found its pace, it was great.

I think they should've gone the route of a miniseries and expanded it into a few episodes as there was a lot of meterial that was ultimately left out or glossed over.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Oct 09, 2021, 05:28:17 AM
The Many Saints of Newark (3.5/5)

I might be a little bias on this one as I hold The Sopranos as my favorite show of all time. With that being said, this was definitely a fun stroll down memory lane.

The actors portraying characters from the show, in their earlier years, nailed the characters down. Pretty impressive.

However, the first 30-45min struggles to find its footing with randomly edited scenes thrown together. But once it found its pace, it was great.

I think they should've gone the route of a miniseries and expanded it into a few episodes as there was a lot of meterial that was ultimately left out or glossed over.

Yeah, I'll be checking this out soon. And it's pretty cool that James Gandolfini's son is playing the young Tony.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 06, 2021, 10:40:10 PMThe Spy Who Loved Me

...this is definitely Moore's best outing.

Comfortably.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 06, 2021, 10:40:10 PMThe Living Daylights

Close to being the most underrated Bond film.

Legit my favourite Bond movie (although I'm probably coloured by the fact it's the first one I ever remember seeing). After years of over-the-top Moore plots, it's so refreshing to see a Bond film that was actually a spy story. Dalton really went for the character as Fleming wrote him, too. Such a shame he never got to do any more.

Also the scene where Bond confronts Pushkin is his hotel might be the best from literally any Bond movie. "If I trusted Koskov you wouldn't be talking!"

Kradan

Kradan

Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Timothy Dalton was offered GoldenEye actually, but turned it down, because he wanted to do only one more and they wanted him to do four more.

Prez

Prez

WW84
Not sure why so many panned it - it was a lot of nonsensical fun - it actually in parts had a tone reminiscent of Donner's Superman (not saying it's anywhere near as good as that classic either). It definitely took the more popcorn vibe of the WW I grew up with too (loved that cameo at the end too).

Flawed - absolutely but I think I didn't feel as disappointed in that final act as I did with the first film.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Wayne's World

Wayne's World 2

The Matrix Reloaded

The Matrix Revolutions

Shaun of the Dead

Hot Fuzz

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 14, 2021, 10:27:21 AM
Wayne's World

Wayne's World 2

The Matrix Reloaded

The Matrix Revolutions

Shaun of the Dead

Hot Fuzz

The question is: What movies people watch when high?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

You'd almost have to be high in order to understand the Architect in Reloaded. :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 14, 2021, 10:27:21 AM
Shaun of the Dead

Hot Fuzz

Which one did you like more ? My vote would go for Hot Fuzz. Simon Pegg is da best

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I much prefer Hot Fuzz, but to be honest I suspect that's because action movies were always more my bag than zombies.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Honestly i cant decide between the two. But yeah Dalton in Hot Fuzz is a Riot  :laugh: :laugh:

Also i really want someone to try and edit Reloaded and Revolutions into one movie. Oddly i understand The Architect for the most part  :laugh: :laugh:

Universal Soldier

Universal Soldier The Return

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 15, 2021, 08:49:31 AMUniversal Soldier The Return

Which sequel is that? I get them mixed up, bit I remember the one set in Chernobyl from a few years ago being surprisingly decent.

SiL

SiL

That's Regeneration, with the fantastic one man raid scene at the end

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed