Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 849,641 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Die Hard

8)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Night of the Living Dead (1990)

Nope
Did meander a little bit at the start, but once it got going DAMN.
Spoiler
Steve Yeoh's character thinking he could tame the creature because he survived the attack on the show and had known about it for longer than everyone else, was a gut punch. Especially with how it turned out both times for his co-star
[close]

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Directors Edition)
Didnt realise this was on at the cinema until i went in to see Nope, so knew i had to stay and watch it on the big screen. Amazing. Just Amazing

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

A Ghost Story (2017)

Every time.  :'(

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 25, 2022, 11:52:55 PMA Ghost Story (2017)

Is this the one where she eats a pie for 10min?

Phantasm (3.75/5)
It's clunky and disjointed but love the overall feel.

Phantasm II (3.75/5)
Surprisingly good sequel. Still clunky but not as much as the first

Phantasm III (2/5)
I took several breaks from this one...it's just a mess.

Day Shift 2022 (3/10)
The fight sequences were pretty good, but I was getting a Blade vibe that just couldn't hold up with very predictable characters and motivation.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Black Panther

I so wanted to like this because I really appreciated what it was trying to do, but honestly? I thought it was entirely meh. Do I sound racist if I say I feel as though people only raved about this because it was so Africa-centric? As a film it was entirely average and occasionally it even seemed kinda shoddily made compared to many of the other MCU films; some of the CGI in particular was awful. Also (at the risk of continuing to be a big racist) Andy Serkis was far and away the best thing about it but then
Spoiler
he was dead by the halfway point and all the charisma seemed to fall out of the movie.
[close]

Avengers: Infinity War

Well, damn. This was a great film. I kinda knew how it ended ahead of time but it still packed a gut-punch. Brolin was fantastic as Thanos. Finally seeing the Guardians meet the Avengers was as much fun as I'd hoped it would be. My only real gripe was that watching Thanos tear shit up so relatively effortlessly had me unavoidably wondering why he didn't just do all this about ten movies ago.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 26, 2022, 10:00:16 AMDo I sound racist if I say I feel as though people only raved about this because it was so Africa-centric?

Of course you do, you white colonialist Brit

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Aug 26, 2022, 08:38:39 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 25, 2022, 11:52:55 PMA Ghost Story (2017)

Is this the one where she eats a pie for 10min?

It's more like five minutes.

Kradan

Kradan

Predators

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 26, 2022, 08:42:01 PMPredators
damn man and you didn't even fall asleep that's endurance

Kradan

Kradan

... I should've ?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Fantastic Beasts film series 🤓

I don't know why I saw this. I think I just like the character played by Eddie Redmayne. Oh yeah, and I was translating a book for someone, English to Spanish, (for profit) and while I was at it I watched these movies.  ;D  :laugh:

Edit - There is still a movie to shoot though 🤔

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Annihilation (2018)

AD version.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Dr. No (1962) [VHS]
The Bourne Identity (2002) [DVD]
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) [DVD]

Almost finished up watching Full Metal Jacket (1987) [DVD]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Three Thousand Years of Longing

Overall this was a good watch, not fully sold on the framing device with Idris and Tilda, though. Kind of Miller's answer to The Fall, but not quite as good as The Fall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed