AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 326,019 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: shobidoo on Sep 10, 2010, 10:22:06 PM
Quote from: alexpj19 on Sep 02, 2010, 04:40:06 AM
Hey guys my last meeting went well, producers are interested developing one of my projects, now im getting the story for the script finalized, it will be Sci-fi Adventure thriller with elements of horror, Working title of the project is "Lost Freighter". Getting ready for the conference call on friday, also need to start working on some concept designes for the pitch. :)
Congrats. Best of luck!

Sounds like fun! Congrats!  :)

kmdmagic

kmdmagic

8) I've seen the film, and I loved it.  The music was perfect too.  I like the song 'indestructible', it fits perfectly well with the main character.  I wonder if there will be more AVP movies.

i wonder whats going on with alex!?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hopefully busy in talks for AvP 3!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 20, 2010, 09:11:14 PM

That would be great!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 20, 2010, 09:11:14 PM

Personally, I hope he's working on something with a greater chance to not suck. I'd hate to see his career get off to a bad start.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Dude, after seeing Redemption, his ideas don't suck.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I didn't mean like that. It's just, I can't think of a single good crossover film in the long history of crossovers. The closest one that comes to mind is AvP, and that wasn't good at all.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And I'm saying, with him meeting FOX folks, after having seen what he can come up with, he could potentially create a solid story.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 20, 2010, 02:08:31 PM

Seeing how Fox just told Ridley Scott, one of the greatest directors in history that he can't make a rated R Alien film and they want a 40 mil low budget movie instead, and the fact AVP is still on hold...

I can only imagine what Fox is going to tell Alex I'm afraid :-\

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 20, 2010, 11:54:56 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 20, 2010, 02:08:31 PM

Seeing how Fox just told Ridley Scott, one of the greatest directors in history that he can't make a rated R Alien film and they want a 40 mil low budget movie instead, and the fact AVP is still on hold...

I can only imagine what Fox is going to tell Alex I'm afraid :-\

i don't think they were interested in him for a 3rd AVP movie, last we heard he was discussing his own ideas with them

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 20, 2010, 11:54:56 PM
how Fox just told Ridley Scott, one of the greatest directors in history that he can't make a rated R Alien film

I don't think they told him not to make an R film. It might've been his decision. After all, wasn't it the environmental horror that made Alien scary, not the gore? And it had a pretty small budget, too. We're not talking about a Jim Cameron film, here.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Dude. They did.
Go to the prequel section.

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

I don't recall reading anything about them telling him to make it pg13. I know that it will be, and even so, my point stands: we don't need gore; It's Ridley freaking Scott, not Quentin freaking Tarantino.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Scott had an arguement with Fox about the rating. They made him do it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed