AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 326,525 times)

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

Trust me, Alex would do well not to post anything new. It's a short movie, we wouldn't want to see everything. (A.K.A the Requiem Factor  ;) )

Alex is doing his best (I hope.) I know how difficult it is to just produce an animated film, let alone a CG/live action movie!

Cetanu

Cetanu

Unless he's dead:-X

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I sincerely hope not :'( This film has come a long way!

Cetanu

Cetanu

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 16, 2009, 02:15:44 AM
I sincerely hope not :'( This film has come a long way!

We probably would have heard if he died. ::)

MaJiNWaR

MaJiNWaR

Keep in mind, Fox may have already caught wind of this, and if thats the case, they may attempt, if they haven't already to try and stop his production with a cease and discontinue order, due to copyright laws. I've seen it done before with a mod for a game, I've seen it already done with an AvP fan film, and I am beginning to fear the worst and they forced him to stop.

This isn't the first CGI fan film AvP movie that was started, the first one I was following was stopped roughly a year before the first film came out.

Keep in mind copyright laws prohibit such actions due to the fact that as awesome as the film may be, the people who created them either use their creation as a sort of resume or a product to promote their work, even though it  wasn't intend to generate money.

If this is the case, I ask Alex to not string people along and let us know he's still alive, and has not be contacted by FOX. I saw the trailer, its bad ass, and it deserves to be completed, but its availability to the public may be limited, if not non completely closed to public eyes.

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

I do not believe Alex has been Foxed, friend. He probably would've let us know by now.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You think the mods would've heard something since Hicks is the guy who conducts all the interviews.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: MaJiNWaR on May 17, 2009, 01:56:15 AM
Keep in mind, Fox may have already caught wind of this, and if thats the case, they may attempt, if they haven't already to try and stop his production with a cease and discontinue order, due to copyright laws. I've seen it done before with a mod for a game, I've seen it already done with an AvP fan film, and I am beginning to fear the worst and they forced him to stop.

This isn't the first CGI fan film AvP movie that was started, the first one I was following was stopped roughly a year before the first film came out.

Keep in mind copyright laws prohibit such actions due to the fact that as awesome as the film may be, the people who created them either use their creation as a sort of resume or a product to promote their work, even though it  wasn't intend to generate money.

If this is the case, I ask Alex to not string people along and let us know he's still alive, and has not be contacted by FOX. I saw the trailer, its bad ass, and it deserves to be completed, but its availability to the public may be limited, if not non completely closed to public eyes.

A few months ago ALex had contacted FOX and they gave him the thumbs up to continue the ptoject as long as he didn't make any profit off the film. 

FOX could have changed their minds if they heard he went against the deal, but I doubt it. He probably got caught up in other things. He should be allowed to have a life to ya know.  ;)

Darkness

Darkness

I doubt it's anything to do with Fox.

He's probably just taking a break from it. He is doing this by himself in his own free time.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Still, you'd think we'd hear something. Last time we heard anything was what, almost 6 months ago?

Darkness

Darkness

He posted a comment about it on YouTube a month ago:

QuoteAVPRD will come out some time this year, sorry no certain date and there is a lot to do , im working on it slowly, i might change some of the story to make it shorter, probably the human part of the story will be changed for now.

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

Now it's gonna be shorter?  :-\

Awgustas

Awgustas

Quote from: Revengers on May 17, 2009, 07:49:01 PM
Now it's gonna be shorter?  :-\
Hope not...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

As long as it comes out this year as Darkness quoted, then I'm good.

Requiem28

Requiem28

i would like to make a trailer for the film using that trailer music "dark side of power" that was used in The Incredible Hulk trailer.

it is crazy.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/5fcc8dad-21c6-4bd1-a58a-ce5169fc68ce/Immediate-Music---Dark-Side-Of-Power---Themes-For-Orchestra-And-Choir-3-(HQ)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed