AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 326,493 times)

War Wager

War Wager

I can remember the hype for 'AvPR' was almost unbearable and the BS's enthusiasm for it was contagious. We shouldn't jump to the conclusion that it's automatically going to be great, I done that last year and I paid the price.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The film looks promising at any rate. At least Alex's creatures are well-designed.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 18, 2008, 03:53:26 PM
The film looks promising at any rate. At least Alex's creatures are well-designed.
I prefer wolfs design over his fan made costume, the aliens overall design is better, but will never look as real because he doesn't have a team of 200 people working on the animations and compositions like on a real movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How about some positivity?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 18, 2008, 04:43:08 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 18, 2008, 03:53:26 PM
I prefer wolfs design over his fan made costume, the aliens overall design is better, but will never look as real because he doesn't have a team of 200 people working on the animations and compositions like on a real movie.

What the f**k is a "real" movie?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Don't provoke him. I just want support here. No negativity for the time being please.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 18, 2008, 07:22:43 PM
I did say multiple times that i like the stuff he's doing and that i look forward to it and its true, he has done an amazing job so far.

BUT, i do see this as what it is, a fanflick, and of course his costume does not look as good as something that has been done by professional artists, hence why i said i like wolfs design better  ;)

QuoteI just want support here.
I do give my support, but critic is something that is needed and just makes this thing better in the end.
Why say that everything is perfect when it isn't? The first shots that he did didn't looked so great and they have improved because someone always said what he can do better, and he did. I told him to use the bump maps properly, and he did now, its part of the progress.
I'm still thankfull that Alex gave me the link to the alien model some time back and that i had the chance to work on something that great in my own freetime, so god knows i love this guy ! :)

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 18, 2008, 07:22:43 PM

I know eh!?!? How about focussing on the fact that this guy (Alex) is going out of his way to make something for us (A/P Fans).  So stop complaning, and focus on what will be happening.  I'm not saying it will match AVP (2004), but is certainly better than doing nothing.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

With any luck, it'll outdo AvP.

Requiem28

Requiem28

this film is probably one of the best fan made films! GO ALEX!

Chris P

Chris P

It is looking good judging by the trailers.

alexpj19

alexpj19

hey guys, you guys are awesome every time i feel burned out  your comments get me back on the track :) im taking a little trip to alaska now for the Christmas and a new years party  :) i know you all expected to see it by the end of the year  but in reality it will take a little longer :( sorry about that. im getting some cool props ready for the new shoot when i get back to San Diego . really looking forward shooting some more of a human story  :)  plus i did some changes to a new scenes of thi fights , mostly chirography, Hope you all like it when its done, and to all that saying this and that is not good, c'mon yes it is a fan flick, you have to be a big fan to start an ambitious project  like this with no budget and on your own. and for those  who has a big hopes for it , step down a notch, don't let your expectations get too high  :)  don't want to disappoint you,  but im trying to do everything to meet them :)  oh by the way i changed a cloacking effect a bit now it looks more like predator 1 , very happy with it now, i'll posr a screen shot of it when im back home .

Requiem28

Requiem28

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Are you going to post any more trailers by any chance? just asking.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: alexpj19 on Dec 19, 2008, 09:39:11 PM
hey guys, you guys are awesome every time i feel burned out  your comments get me back on the track :) im taking a little trip to alaska now for the Christmas and a new years party  :) i know you all expected to see it by the end of the year  but in reality it will take a little longer :( sorry about that. im getting some cool props ready for the new shoot when i get back to San Diego . really looking forward shooting some more of a human story  :)  plus i did some changes to a new scenes of thi fights , mostly chirography, Hope you all like it when its done, and to all that saying this and that is not good, c'mon yes it is a fan flick, you have to be a big fan to start an ambitious project  like this with no budget and on your own. and for those  who has a big hopes for it , step down a notch, don't let your expectations get too high  :)  don't want to disappoint you,  but im trying to do everything to meet them :)  oh by the way i changed a cloacking effect a bit now it looks more like predator 1 , very happy with it now, i'll posr a screen shot of it when im back home .

Sounds great dude.  I am glad to hear from you again.  I am getting excited for it.  It's not that I have "Big Hopes", but simply that I have " A hope", and I will review it every time I read this thread.  ;D

When you get some news back to us, PLEASE let me know about it early aswell, so I can post a News Article on it.  You can submit the news here: http://avpspectrum.webs.com/submitnews.htm

- Thanks dude, and have a great tim ein Alaska.  I'm in Ontario, and we right now have close to a foot of snow, I can only imagine what Alaska is holding right now.  ::)  ;D  Have fun, and wear alot of warm clothing.  :D.

alexpj19

alexpj19

its a while till next trailer, so only pics for now, i also need to do something cool with " behind the scenes"  footage  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed