New AvP Featurette Released!

Started by Darkness, Apr 07, 2004, 01:48:37 PM

Author
New AvP Featurette Released! (Read 19,401 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Yes, that’s right. I just got my Fox newsletter telling me about the Featurette. The 2-minute featurette has now been posted by Apple and covers the creatures in enough detail to leave you wanting more. There’s stuff ranging from the new predator mask to the alien animatronics.

20040407_01

>>> Stream: Small, Medium, Large
Download: 5.71MB – Submitted by Brian

More images on the next page.
Also thanks to TheStorm and Adam Zeller for the update.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

I dont usually swear but that was F**kING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

xanderdrax

xanderdrax

This featurette really kick-ass! I can't wait to see the movie!   ;D  

BEEKO

BEEKO

giddy up and bring this movie on im going to fly to the states so i can see this movie a month before it opens in sydney

izzet

izzet

the hydrolic alien looks absolutley amazing, this is just more evidence this movie is gonna deliver. Im am waitin for the new trailer in drooling anticipation!

SwiRR

SwiRR

Just take a look at the pic with the Pred. Damn, the Predator is f****** huge.

Melmac

Melmac

WOW!! the Predators looks great.  The hydrolic alien is the perfect choice over the typical C.G.I.  I've been waiting for this movie for years and it looks like it's going to be worth the wait.

Mecha-hellboy

Mecha-hellboy

Yep it shaw is looking cool im amazed at all the shit they packeding into the Hydrolic alien. like the Secondary mouth and the fact that its jaw can go Almost 180 degrees. and packing all this in to that stream line head. ithink its the most stream line of all the aliens it's. and the size of the main Predator it's a freakin tank

Growler

Growler

Hey i see that screenshot the everyone was debating about from the 2 trailer.  Yeah, that's no PredAlien grabbing the Alien by the throat there.  I was reading all of your comments as everyone argued over it for the longest time lol.  It would be smart not to show us any pics of the PredAlien, just to make it seem more scary in the movie, you know?

Ha! Is it me, or does Paul Anderson look like he's one of those scientists that should die in the movie.  Hard to see if he cut his hair or just pulled it back.  Still, it would be cool to see him play as a scientist so he could die in his own project.  Hey, if i were directing this movie, I'd do it.  It'd be almost an honor to get layed out by a Predator or impailed by an Alien in my own film.  I don't think Anderson has the acting skills, or just didn't think of the honor himself lol.  So he stays behind the cameras, what a wuss.   Much respect to the guy though, it's looking good.  It's all down to how the acting and story goes.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

I loved that (test?) footage of the alien all over the pred all crazy and stuff, how come no picture was taken with that? :D  Awesome stuff. I just checked my mailbox as well and I watched the featurette as fast as I could, love it.  -Rusty Nails

kysgr

kysgr

EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT EXCEPT 1 THING... Does anyone else think the body looks like Pumpkinhead's body? Way to simular and just think Lance Henrikson is in this movie too!    ???      ??? 

PS: the bodys are back to looking like they are more BIOMECHANICAL like HR GIGER built in the first movie!! The dome on the heads are clear!!!

Gr8Kabuki

Gr8Kabuki

Kysgr- I thought EXACTLY the same thing. When Pumpkinhead came out I thought it was a lumpy, organic version of Alien. It now seems ADI is removing the biomechanical aspect which is disappointing. This might be explained  though by the fact that the Alien from the first film was genetically influenced by the Space Jockey's DNA. Still, the biomechanical nature is one of the things that made   Alien unique. ADI should not downplay it

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Things when watchin' the featurette:  00:00:50 - when predator turns, you can see another predator lying on the ground in the background. It looks like he's captured in a net. And wow, what a huge device (shoulder cannon?) on its shoulder.  00:01:01 - notice the body hanging in the background.  The Aliens look very different compared with the original/normal ones IMO. Other necks, smaller ribcages, other shoulders.  Anyway, I can't wait for this movie!!!!

kysgr

kysgr

Gr8Kabuki--- You are correct!! Alien from the first film was genetically influenced by the Space Jockey's DNA... but the Alien hord is a DNA based BIOMECHANICAL animal that adaptes to it's surrounding thus mapping/useing the DNA from the hosts. This will explain why the Aliens keep changing their body structure! I'm going to love AVP when it comes out !   ???     8)  

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

um.... I don't really see how it was influenced by the space jockey's DNA.... You're not making a lot of sense....   :-\  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed