"[Alien Romulus] joins the prequel series"

Started by DavidIsDaddy, Mar 06, 2023, 06:28:33 AM

Author
"[Alien Romulus] joins the prequel series" (Read 22,142 times)

Thatguy2068

How bad was Neil Bloomkamp alien 5?

Immortan Jonesy

Aside from the fact that the artist has become a One Trick Pony director, some ideas seemed straight out of...

skhellter

that's EXACTLY what the biomech queen powersuit is lol  :'(  :laugh:

TheBATMAN

I really wish someone would post a breakdown of the story. So many people seem to know all about it in some capacity.

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe in some time we will get to know more about what the story was like after all.

skhellter

it's been a few years. Wild how there have been more leaks about the tv show that's actually getting produced than this cancelled project.

Thatguy2068

So if Neil directed Jurassic World he would put in The Ultimasaurus

Kane's other son

Blomkamp's career trajectory points towards the alien franchise dodging a bullet the size of Nebraska. By the way, Ridley Scott didn't kill that movie. Chappie did. Just look at the timeline.

Neila

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Nov 18, 2023, 12:36:18 PMHow bad was Neil Bloomkamp alien 5?
Quote from: Kane's other son on Nov 19, 2023, 07:15:16 PMBlomkamp's career trajectory points towards the alien franchise dodging a bullet the size of Nebraska. By the way, Ridley Scott didn't kill that movie. Chappie did. Just look at the timeline.

I didn't like the whole idea and the concept drawings. Just because an alien queen in action and a derelict were shown doesn't guarantee a good alien film.
The Ripley/Xeno suit looked terrible and would probably have been as ridiculous as the Predaor killer suit in THE Predator.
You can also bring xeno mutations but they have to be really well thought out.

He can tell you as often as he likes that he is a huge alien fan (or at least he was until his vision was canceled)
The Strausses said that too and in the end they trampled on the alien franchise...(shame on you)
I think that Blomkamp is not the right person to make an exciting alien film.
Yes, I know many fans think that Ridley Scott messed it up with Prometheus and Covenant, but I think Blomkamp would have done far worse.
Who knows what we were all spared.

Of course, we can all be wrong and judge Neil wrongly...
Maybe his film would have been really good... but it didn't look like it at all

TheBATMAN

Whether good or bad I think any concept taken seriously by the franchise key holders is worth a closer look just for curiosity's sake. I've just noticed several people dropping hints that they know the full story so hopefully someone spills the beans someday.

I hope the same for the Giler/Hill 2020 treatment too. Probably even more so.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 20, 2023, 10:57:22 AMWhether good or bad I think any concept taken seriously by the franchise key holders is worth a closer look just for curiosity's sake. I've just noticed several people dropping hints that they know the full story so hopefully someone spills the beans someday.

Do you mean spilling beans about the aborted blommy job?

TheBATMAN

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 20, 2023, 11:19:45 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 20, 2023, 10:57:22 AMWhether good or bad I think any concept taken seriously by the franchise key holders is worth a closer look just for curiosity's sake. I've just noticed several people dropping hints that they know the full story so hopefully someone spills the beans someday.

Do you mean spilling beans about the aborted blommy job?

I do.

[cancerblack]

Yeah fair enough. It does seem like there's enough people that one of them could do an anonymous leak.

jhudson

Blomkamp got career-worst performances out of both Sigourney and Jodie Foster. That alone is disqualifying.

Neila

Quote from: jhudson on Nov 20, 2023, 05:59:44 PMBlomkamp got career-worst performances out of both Sigourney and Jodie Foster. That alone is disqualifying.
That's a very interesting website you have there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed