Marvel Announces Predator vs. Wolverine Crossover Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 08, 2023, 02:56:44 PM

Author
Marvel Announces Predator vs. Wolverine Crossover Series! (Read 33,553 times)

Corporal Hicks

It’s the moment that many of us expected once news came that Marvel would be taking over the Alien and Predator comics – Marvel has just announced the first crossover with one of their legacy characters, Wolverine! Written by Benjamin Percy (who previously wrote Aliens: Aftermath), Predator vs. Wolverine is a 4 issue series that is currently expected to hit shelves in September.

THE THRILL IS THE KILL! Wolverine has lived one of the longest and most storied lives in comics history. Now witness the untold greatest battles of Logan's life – against a Predator! One Yautja seeks the greatest prey in existence – and finds it in Weapon X. From the blood-ridden snows of the Canadian wilderness to the sword-slinging streets of Madripoor, Wolverine and a Predator break everything in their paths on their way to the ultimate victory...or glorious death.

Marvel Announces Predator vs. Wolverine Crossover Series!

Cover artwork by Marco Checchetto.

According to Marvel’s announcement,  the interior artwork of Predator vs. Wolverine will be provided by many different artists including the controversial Greg Land, Andrea Di Vito, Ken Lashley, Kei Zama, and “many more.” 

In addition to Benjamin Percy’s previous credit writing for Aliens under Marvel, he is writing Marvel’s current Wolverine and X-Force series. Describing the scope of the upcoming crossover, Percy explains:

"This epic hunt will span decades, as both of these giants learn and harden and grow deadlier with time," Percy continued. "Neither will have time to bleed, but you better make time to read, because I’m putting everything I’ve got into this event, and I’m thrilled to join forces with some of the best artists in the business."

Marvel also recently announced the second volume of Predator: The Original Years which is expected to release March 2024. The first issue of Predator vs. Wolverine will release in September 2023. Thanks to Julio Nimbley Jr. and Gareth Von Kallenbach for the news.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator comic and novel news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

If you’d like to hear our thoughts on this announcement, check out our latest Motion Tracker video below!

Ryu

Corporal Hicks, both myself and Nightmare Asylum, have already created a post on this. Can you use your magic, maybe delete or merge posts? And sorry for the headache for the confusion.

Local Trouble

They should've got Chris Claremont to write it.

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully this will be as good as Batman.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ryu on Jun 08, 2023, 03:02:14 PMCorporal Hicks, both myself and Nightmare Asylum, have already created a post on this. Can you use your magic, maybe delete or merge posts? And sorry for the headache for the confusion.

All sorted.

https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/status/1666812857575702533

We all knew this moment was coming. And it's a really good first choice! I'm loving the sounds of it being a decades long chase between the two of them.

Nightmare Asylum

As far as comic character vs Predator goes, Wolverine is the one that definitely makes the most sense. The premise doesn't sound half bad, either.

Obviously this won't be canon to the Predator movies, but I wonder if this is going to be considered Marvel canon?

MaXenaeL

Let's get to the point, give us Predator vs Mickey mouse  :-

Acid_Reign161

Nope...nope nope nope. These kind of releases go in my personal head iggy-bin along with stuff like Superman vs Aliens. Do not want. 😅

Nightmare Asylum

Eh, I'm fine with this kind of thing.... in comics. I don't think it should ever, ever leave the realm of comics, though.

I'm usually of the same mentality when it comes to AVP, with a desire to keep even that crossover strictly confined to comics and games. Though admittedly, the recent news we got about the shelved animated AVP series, and the extent to which it shockingly intrigued me, softened my aversion to the idea of AVP on screen a tad.

Whiskeybrewer

Surprised they didnt just do this an one-shots like when the Predators attacked the Dark Horse "Heroes"

TheRatsCatamitr

TheRatsCatamitr

Tehehe I love my heckin Marvelino Superheroes!!!! The Aliens and Predators should be honored to be beaten up by Zebraman and Fartfartboy! Ohhhhhh boooooy Disney sure is amazing!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheRatsCatamitr on Jun 08, 2023, 03:43:18 PMTehehe I love my heckin Marvelino Superheroes!!!! The Aliens and Predators should be honored to be beaten up by Zebraman and Fartfartboy! Ohhhhhh boooooy Disney sure is amazing!

I mean, is this really any different than the DC crossovers from the Dark Horse era?

Like, I totally get this not being someone's thing. It isn't really something I'm particularly clamoring for, either. But it isn't exactly something new, either.

Kradan

Huh. Makes sense, I suppose

Nightmare Asylum

Oh no I just saw that Greg Land is one of the artists. Hope he isn't tracing here... :-\

The idea of this having multiple artists is interesting, I wonder if maybe the art style is going to shift as it moves from one era to the next?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 08, 2023, 04:23:25 PMThe idea of this having multiple artists is interesting, I wonder if maybe the art style is going to shift as it moves from one era to the next?

That's precisely my thought as well. I'm intrigued by it.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 08, 2023, 04:10:23 PMI mean, is this really any different than the DC crossovers from the Dark Horse era?

It isn't. And the Batman vs. Predator crossovers were great. So was Archie vs. Predator surprisingly. I used to absolutely hate the crossovers, but once I actually gave some of them a go, there's some genuinely great ones in that back catalogue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed