Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus director ha...
Last post by garfield9189 - Today at 03:44:18 PM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Yesterday at 03:54:42 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 03:31:27 PMDark Fate isn't perfect, but it has some really interesting components to it and it is far and away the best Terminator anything since 1991, so yeah, I'd say his contributions helped.

I particularly enjoyed it being Cameron's idea to kill off John Conner at the start of the movie, after spending years bitching about how Alien 3 killed off Hicks and Newt at the beginning of the movie and how it was "disrespectful to the fans".
It's a series that is largely dependent on time travel though.  It can easily be retconned or dismissed as an alternative reality in a series like the terminator.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus - Fandango ...
Last post by Mr.M - Today at 03:41:23 PM
This a pretty big reveal for a picture. There should be a trailer dripping here soon given the reveal.
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 03:37:25 PM
This is going to be the best Alien film ever made. There, I said it.
Come on with the trailer already.
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 03:22:08 PMThe lighting/light sources actually remind me a bit of this production still from Aliens:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/aliens-still-068.jpg
Maybe it's just the way the tungsten glow is bouncing off of the hive material.

Yeah, colour and lighting does look very similar. Again, a little too much light and saturation. Always prefered the stills from Alien:

Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 03:34:30 PM
I'm wondering how early on they make the realization that Andy, as a synthetic, doesn't need to worry about carrying a weapon.
Criterion and Janus Films Sell to Indian Paintbrush Founder Steven Rales

QuoteIndian Paintbrush founder Steven Rales has purchased Criterion and Janus Films.

The mission and leadership of the companies will not change following the private transaction.

Screen Daily was first to report the news of the sale. "We have grown our brands and audience with dedication to a set of values reflected in the films we release, the way we release them, and the way we conduct our business with our valued partners around the world," said Criterion and Janus Films president Peter Becker told the outlet. "We are excited to continue that legacy and pursue new opportunities now available through this relationship."

Janus Films was founded in 1954 by Bryant Haliday and Cyrus Harvey, Jr., and has since become the preeminent distributor of international classic films in the United States. Recent films include "Drive My Car," "Evil Does Not Exist," "EO" and "The Beast." On Monday, Sideshow and Janus films acquired all North American rights to Payal Kapadia's "All We Imagine as Light," the first Indian film to screen in official competition at the Cannes Film Festival in 30 years.

Janus Films serves as the sister distribution arm of Criterion, which specializes in high-end titles and premium home video releasing, selling classic films to cinephiles. Founded in 1984, Criterion pioneered the letterbox format for widescreen films, providing bonus features, special editions, soundtracks, multi-disc sets and definitive versions of classics.

Rales' Indian Paintbrush is a film production company that has produced and financed all of Wes Anderson's films since 2007. It launched Galerie, led by Andy Shapiro, in November 2023 as an immersive film club that combines movie collections, original videos, writings, live screenings and discussions.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/criterion-janus-films-sell-indian-paintbrush-steven-rales-1236011122/
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by ace3g - Today at 03:24:39 PM
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed