Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 490,909 times)

Rong

Rong

Ive heard mixed reviews on Almost Human,

I've given revolution the ass this year so i need something new to watch.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Arrow S02 E05 "League of Assassins"

That was great. It does a great job of setting up what's to come (presumably) in this season. It figures that the League shows up, and they steal a line from Batman Begins. :laugh: Officer Lance is just better and better with each episode, and this version of Black Canary is hawt.

Arrow S02 E06 "Keep Your Enemies Closer"

That was fun. Even though I'm tired as f**k of the Diggle/Deadshot subplot, it was handled very well here. The shift of setting was pretty refreshing, and pretty cool, too. I love Ollie's Russian mobster friend. Put that guy in a GTA movie, please. The gulag stuff reminded me more than a little of Star Trek VI, with the exception of the unintentional kick in the nuts. Now, theory time:

Spoiler
We know the League of Assassins is around, and the assassin last episode mentioned "the child of Ra's al-Ghul." At the same time, we have a new woman in town who has a history of taking over/gutting corporations, has an unusual childhood, and is multilingual. I'm calling it, Summer Glau is Talia in disguise.
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 18, 2013, 05:53:51 AM

That was great. It does a great job of setting up what's to come (presumably) in this season. It figures that the League shows up, and they steal a line from Batman Begins. :laugh: Officer Lance is just better and better with each episode, and this version of Black Canary is hawt.

That was fun. Even though I'm tired as f**k of the Diggle/Deadshot subplot, it was handled very well here. The shift of setting was pretty refreshing, and pretty cool, too. I love Ollie's Russian mobster friend. Put that guy in a GTA movie, please. The gulag stuff reminded me more than a little of Star Trek VI, with the exception of the unintentional kick in the nuts. Now, theory time:

Spoiler
We know the League of Assassins is around, and the assassin last episode mentioned "the child of Ra's al-Ghul." At the same time, we have a new woman in town who has a history of taking over/gutting corporations, has an unusual childhood, and is multilingual. I'm calling it, Summer Glau is Talia in disguise.
[close]

Spoiler
It would certainly be a much better take on her character than what she is in the comics. So if they go in the direction you're thinking that they might go in, then I'm all for that.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 19, 2013, 10:25:48 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 18, 2013, 05:53:51 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
It would certainly be a much better take on her character than what she is in the comics. So if they go in the direction you're thinking that they might go in, then I'm all for that.
[close]

Spoiler
Didn't even know Isobel was a comic character before I wrote that.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Glau as Talia would be an interesting kick in the nuts for sure.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Rich DC Vigilante Thoughts: "I have got to stop sleeping with these corporate girls..."

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Wolf Lake

I am finishing this series even if it kills me!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Life Below Zero

This TV show is evidence how just how hard it really is to live in Alaska. One woman was super excited to get a squirrel and a small bag of coal.

Spoiler
Granted, where she is there are 280 days of -30/40 below winter
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Arrow Season Two - State vs. Queen

This was a pretty good episode. It's always fun when Count Vertigo shows up. He's just a few notches below The Joker in the insane department.

And dat ending.

Spoiler
Malcolm is still alive! 8)
[close]

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 21, 2013, 02:06:50 AM
It's always fun when Count Vertigo shows up. He's just a few notches below The Joker in the insane department.

:'(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 21, 2013, 11:56:55 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Nov 21, 2013, 02:06:50 AM
It's always fun when Count Vertigo shows up. He's just a few notches below The Joker in the insane department.

:'(
:laugh:

I've been submerging in Alfred Hitchcock Presents; the 50s run. Love it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Arrow S02 E07 "State v. Queen"

Yet another really good episode. The Count was awesome, and the court room scenes were very good as well. Laurel actually felt relevant for the first time this season. :laugh:

Spoiler
That ending was pretty cool. I'm guessing that Malcolm's body was snatched by the League and dumped in a Lazarus Pit. Either way, at least we get to see more of melted Tom Cruise. :laugh: I am bit concerned that with both Merlin, Brother Blood, and the League that their may be too many big bads this season. Still, this should be epic.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Next episode is the debut of Barry Allen. Should be interesting.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I was so excited because...

Spoiler
I actually called the resurrection of Merlyn as soon as I pieced it together that he was associated with the League of Shadows/Assassins. He seemed like too strong a villain to have simply died like that; hopefully they don't aim to bring his son back as well though... god knows that's the opposite of what the show needs. I'll be honest, I was pretty meh on the episode right until the ending (though some of the Count stuff was cool, he was like an OTT villain from an 80's Stallone or Arnie flick), as the conveniences were so incredibly contrived and all over the place, but I was actually flipping shit after the two reveals... Thea turning out to be Merlyn's daughter works surprisingly well, even if you could tell it wasn't intended from the start.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 22, 2013, 12:32:02 AM
(though some of the Count stuff was cool, he was like an OTT villain from an 80's Stallone of Arnie flick)

A modern day Bennett. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed