Is Predators the last hope...

Started by spinksy, Mar 12, 2010, 06:12:52 PM

Author
Is Predators the last hope... (Read 1,054 times)

spinksy

spinksy

Hey all

Right firstly I'm well excited about this film!!! A good experienced director, plenty of talented actors etc

BUT..

If this film gets bad reveiws/is bad  - is it the last hope for the Predator franchise in terms of cinema?

After the utter let down that was AvP (what a joke that film is) then AvP:R which was also pretty bad, then if this is bad do you people think they'll never be another Predator film....ever?

Was just thinking about this earlier and how lucky we are to have another film coming....

Nole

Nole

If this isn't the last one it could be another 20 year wait so it really needs to be good.

Doomofman

Doomofman

I reckon if this one sucks the next one will be a straight remake of the first....

x-M-x

x-M-x

I just want a Predator 3,  with OWLF and garber ?

then i'll be happy,

this new predators movie looks ok, Im a still buy it tho because its a predator movie finally a new pred movie no xenomorphs lol.

spinksy

spinksy

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 12, 2010, 06:20:37 PM
I just want a Predator 3,  with OWLF and garber ?

then i'll be happy,

this new predators movie looks ok, Im a still buy it tho because its a predator movie finally a new pred movie no xenomorphs lol.

In a way I think thats why AvP's are fails - too much to concerntrate on. Especially for an inexperienced director.

x-M-x

x-M-x

AVP/AVP-R Failed, simply because of 4 flaws

AVP

Paul WS Anderson

Earth

AVP2

Strause brothers

Earth

spinksy

spinksy

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 12, 2010, 06:26:10 PM

AVP

Paul WS Anderson

Earth

AVP2

Strause brothers

Earth

good point lol

RubberChickenMan

I just hope this movie is good. regardless if they make a another pred movie afterwards or not.

Im optimistic though

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I will always hope that there will be something near amazing az p1, and I want to believe in Predators. Though I think if this 'new wave' fails there will be a (relatively) long period without any remarkable predator work.

The Mercenary

AVP

Paul WS Anderson

Earth

AVP2

Strause brothers

Earth
I read yesterday on imdb that someone wrote that Predators would fail because of RR, Nimrod etc... can't believe people are knocking this without even seeing 30 seconds of it. I just hope RR gives us the rollacoaster ride the first gave, then RR studio's will let no-one stop them from making another film. Just look at Grindhouse and now Machete, didn't Grindhouse/Planet Terror bomb at the box office?

bobcunk

bobcunk

i think avp and avpr did well at the box office and thats all the studio cares. as long as they can make a buck profit thel keep making them, look at saw and all these trat to dvd movies like the hellraiser ones.

AncientPred

AncientPred

As long as money is made things will continue on screen. If it performs beneath their expectations than we would be in danger of either a total remake or DTV sequels.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: bobcunk on Mar 12, 2010, 09:55:42 PM
i think avp and avpr did well at the box office and thats all the studio cares. as long as they can make a buck profit thel keep making them, look at saw and all these trat to dvd movies like the hellraiser ones.

...They did?

XenoVC

XenoVC

AVP

Paul WS Anderson

Earth

AVP2

Strause brothers

Earth

But what added all this to the mix was the horrible hack scripts the two films had.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed