Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 85,101 times)

Johnny Handsome

95 million in ten days... not bad. If only the movie wouldn't be that expensive.

Well, looks like it will open in China, so there is a chance it'll break even and make some money on home video, which these movies sell very good on.

The Old One

The Old One

China will not save The Predator.

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe France will................. JK.  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

It may make more on home media, but I doubt anything further substantial at the box office.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 24, 2018, 11:09:25 AM
According to Box Office Mojo, the worldwide taking as of yesterday is just shy of $95m.

I saw that! Pretty far cry from the flop some folks are proclaiming the film is. Between now and Halloween it should easily go in the green. And then home release will most likely make up the majority of the profit.

Enuf Said

Enuf Said

Well I hope Shane black doesn't write this off as a failed because of the Scandal. It failed because it was a god-awful garbage of a movie!

MudButt

Yeah this movie would have had to make about 200-250 million worldwide to be considered a success. If it releases in China it may help a bit but I don't see this getting past about 130 million. It's unfortunate because I didn't want the movie to fail but hopefully it's a lesson to the studio.

The Old One

The Old One

It will not be successful at this point.

Mr. Xenomorph

The Terminator bit made me giggle. Two years ago the Ghostbusters reboot, the Ninja Turtles sequel and Independence Day 2 all crashed and burned in a one month span. Nobody was saying "Oh, the guys doing X reboot are probably nervous right now..."

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Sep 24, 2018, 07:30:06 PM
The Terminator bit made me giggle. Two years ago the Ghostbusters reboot, the Ninja Turtles sequel and Independence Day 2 all crashed and burned in a one month span. Nobody was saying "Oh, the guys doing X reboot are probably nervous right now..."

Bad scripts that become movies are bound to fail.

PeterAnders7492

Tracking for a $90 million loss at the moment unless China eats this up

The Old One

The Old One

Which it will not, there's no Chinese characters and there are African Americans in the film.

PeterAnders7492

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 24, 2018, 10:54:02 PM
Which it will not, there's no Chinese characters and there are African Americans in the film.

Indeed. Stacy Snider should have known this was too much spent on a franchise like this. I love Predator as much as the next guy but you got to be smart about how much you spend on these things. This would have never been the case under Rothman or Gianopolis

Bob

Bob

It's a terrible movie.  ADI's work on the fugitive was great, though. 

The last 3 Predator movies have been extremely bad (AVPR, Predators and The Predator).  Predator is a franchise beyond saving.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 24, 2018, 10:54:02 PM
and there are African Americans in the film.

Is that actually relevant to that market?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed