Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 85,086 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 23, 2018, 08:32:17 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Sep 23, 2018, 07:56:56 PM
No.

That's just infantile negativity
No, its facts, prometheus,  mess,  covenant, a disaster..  2+2 =4

Prometheus made good money, Covenant was below expectations in the box office. But since its Ridley they will give him money to make another one, but likely with a decreased budget.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Im talking about quality, each movie is worse than the one before, scott doesnt know were he us going, hes improvising

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 23, 2018, 09:03:35 PM
Im talking about quality, each movie is worse than the one before, scott doesnt know were he us going, hes improvising

Even though I agree to a certain extent, that's not how Fox and now Disney sees it. Its all about money to them, that's what decides if there will be a sequel or not.  I really hate the Resident Evil movies, it gets worse per movie and it shits on the game series its based on, but it makes money, so more low quality sequels. The Alien franchise is not dead, for Predator we will have to wait for the full box office.

The Old One

The Old One

None of the films coming out next year are created by Ridley Scott regardless

ELDERCLANLEADER

The old one they are short fan films sponsored by fox, its hardly something to get excited about.

The Old One

The Old One

I'll reiterate then:

6 Tongal Alien 40th Anniversary films,
Alien 40th Anniversary Documentary,
Alien: The Blueprints,
Alien Isolation Novelisation,
Aliens Dust To Dust,
William Gibson's ALIEN 3
& Cold Iron Forge's Alien Videogame.

There's enough to be "excited' about.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yes but its all small scale is my point, barring the video game, most of the public wont even be aware that all that stuff is coming out. I would imagine Disney is very nervous at the moment.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 23, 2018, 10:42:46 PM
I'll reiterate then:

6 Tongal Alien 40th Anniversary films,
Alien 40th Anniversary Documentary,
Alien: The Blueprints,
Alien Isolation Novelisation,
Aliens Dust To Dust,
William Gibson's ALIEN 3
& Cold Iron Forge's Alien Videogame.

There's enough to be "excited' about.

My apologies, nice to see the isolation and dust to dust, and didnt remember the alien 3 comic,  you made my day

newagescamartist

Not good. Even AvP:R made 3x it's budget ( worldwide ). Predator is done. The only hope Predator has is for another AvP movie, but why would Alien want to ever be associated with that again? I guess maybe in 10-20 more years we might see another one with a bargain bin budget. I honestly think low budget is the way to go to re-energize the franchise. Get a good director, a decent cast, but save money on all the flashy fx. That crap isn't needed to make a good Predator movie. The character is invisible for goodness sake. How hard is this? It's not rocket science. I understand big budgets for the Alien movies as set designs are a major component, but Predator can literally be set anywhere. Come on, Hollywood. Rub a couple of braincells together.

The Old One

The Old One

I wouldn't if was Disney, not about Alien.

Prometheus wasn't that long ago, and was altogether profitable.

Predator has not been since it's original entry or AVP 2004, if you consider it.

Samhain13

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 23, 2018, 11:00:15 PM
Predator has not been since it's original entry or AVP 2004, if you consider it.

Both AVPR and Predators did more than 3 times their budget, AVP didn't.

Shimmering Canopy

amen to that.
sure, the frachise may never reach marvel heights, but should still offer one of the most profitable IP's. movie, dvd, bluray, figurines, literature. Then, down the line, re-package the dvd and bluray with added extras, perhaps a directors cut, a fancy tin cover etc. then, boxet it as the predator quintilogy etc etc. All that from 1 film. Its a popular IP, so even as a cheaper offering (and as an action/horror!) it will always be better than most of the horror films that come out this day. Remember, the next big demographic after comic-film-seeking teens is horror. So back to my point. Do them properly (simple plot, great actors, characterisation and story) and I can't see how you can go wrong IMHO

goose_3387

So the 3 options for Disney:

1. Bury Alien and Predator forever.
2. Reboot them both (or continue making prequels/sequels).
3. Sell Alien or Predator or both to another studio.

Corporal Hicks

According to Box Office Mojo, the worldwide taking as of yesterday is just shy of $95m.

whiterabbit

Is there any chance this film holds on over the halloween season... I mean it is a monster movie. Maybe the drop offs will be a little lighter than expected.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed