Space News & Views

Started by Nostromo, Aug 27, 2016, 03:31:59 PM

Author
Space News & Views (Read 68,088 times)

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

This made me cry when i read the announcement. Don't know why I got so emotional about it. Opportunity will not be forgotten, it's a great piece of our space exploration history. A sad day indeed.   

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Despite the truth, she has done a good job, indeed.

R.I.P  :'(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Can Mark Watney still use her?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 17, 2019, 09:43:30 PM
Can Mark Watney still use her?

Only if we leave him there, again. Who's ready for a sequel?

Immortan Jonesy

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

"We are excited that Ripley, an anthropomorphic test device, will be making the trip to and from the International Space Station on Demo-1. She is outfitted with many sensors to provide teams detailed information to further understand the effects on future crew members who will be traveling in #SpaceX's Crew Dragon."

This is so cool, can't wait. Loving the dummy's name :)

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

The name use is brilliant!

SM

SM

After referencing Alien, now NASA is getting down with Predator.

SiL

SiL

Say hello to a black hole.

Taken from the live stream of the press conference.

And a news report:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2019-04-10/black-hole-event-horizon-telescope-announcement-astrophysics/10989534

The Old One

The Old One

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I want to show this to all the science deniers.  Until now, black holes were still theoretical and had never been directly observed.

But science makes predictions and has a sterling record of doing so.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Fascinating stuff.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Beautiful! The first ever picture of a black whole. Just stunning.
Just a blurry image for now, but this blurry image is literal proof of decades of scientific research and hard work. Now that's what science is all about. Finding the hard to find through the laws of the universe. A huge thanks to all the scientists involved.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 10, 2019, 03:35:26 PM
I want to show this to all the science deniers.  Until now, black holes were still theoretical and had never been directly observed.

But science makes predictions and has a sterling record of doing so.
Its impossible, they'll just say fake CGI and move on. Funny though we have been taking images long before CGI but they'll never get it. Oh and the eye reminds me of that of the Egyptian Duck

At the same time, the whole thing is right here:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 13, 2019, 12:57:52 AM
At the same time, the whole thing is right here:

Holy f**k that's doing the rounds and it's pissing me off. In the sense that's a photo of the same black hole, yes; not in the sense of the description given, that it's the "full image" and that the EHT is just a cropped selection. Different telescope, taken two years ago, in an entirely different spectrum of light. The data from the telescope was used in conjunction with the EHT shot to get a more complete profile of the black hole's properties, but this is not the "full" EHT photo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed