Space News & Views

Started by Nostromo, Aug 27, 2016, 03:31:59 PM

Author
Space News & Views (Read 68,088 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The ultimate holiday planet. Nice and warm.

SM

SM

Too many dinosaurs.

Also stumbled across this.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think I've seen some of the extrasolar ones before but never our planets. Those are great. I love that kinda retro vibe.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Can anyone tell me.

Is this the correct colour of venus surface or has it been edited? because that is some yellow sky we got there.

:o

One of my favs (MARS)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Falcon Heavy launch today!  Here is a live stream from PBS: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/watch-live-spacex-launches-the-falcon-heavy-the-rocket-that-could-go-to-mars 

1:30 PM EST to 4:00 PM EST is the window.  Leaving early from work today to drive up as close as possible.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Beautiful launch and landings! Comeon number 3!

Jacku

Jacku

Watched the launch live! Was great seeing them land. Hope to hear good news for the core but it's been a while.

Sounds like the core didn't have enough propellant to slow down and crashed on or next to the pad.

LIVE conference:

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacku

Jacku

The pad seems to have survived save for two destroyed engines. Cool.

My new twitter header:

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Makes me wanna watch Heavy Metal again.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Plenty of photos from the event - https://www.flickr.com/photos/spacex

Sounds like the central core didn't make it, unfortunately and the third main burn didn't put it on the right trajectory.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Jacku on Feb 07, 2018, 01:40:06 AM
The pad seems to have survived save for two destroyed engines. Cool.

My new twitter header:

Mine too!

There is an old hidden boat dock positioned directly in front of the VAB.  It was worth jumping over a few barricades for this view:

When the two rocket boosters descended together, they looked like giant fireballs slowly coming down.  The four sonic booms were incredibly loud, I was an emotional wreck.  Having spent most of my life watching shuttle launches, words just don't describe the feels. Couldn't stop reading posts of Starman lol.  Still excited, can you tell!

D88M

D88M

If that thing with the car in space is real then i am Freddy Mercury

SiL

SiL

What a coincidence you share a name with such a famous singer!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed