Space News & Views

Started by Nostromo, Aug 27, 2016, 03:31:59 PM

Author
Space News & Views (Read 68,088 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For a book where nothing happens, I sure enjoyed Rama.

Immortan Jonesy

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Beautiful! It's a real shame that Cassini has gone.

SM

SM

Recently started listening to the Gravity Assist podcast from NASA.

It's presented in a very basic fashion, clearly aimed at the layman, but I've found it quite informative so far (eg. I never knew there was a theory that Mercury was the core of a dead gas giant - which sounds awesome).

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Thanks for the recommendation, SM!

Immortan Jonesy

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That is mesmerizing. Absolutely gorgeous.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

What a wonderful time we live in, when we get to see these things on an almost daily basis!  Thanks for sharing these Crazy Shrimp

Shinawi

Shinawi

Yes, that's very beautiful. At the same time, the winds are dangerously powerful.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2017, 11:53:48 PM
Recently started listening to the Gravity Assist podcast from NASA.

It's presented in a very basic fashion, clearly aimed at the layman, but I've found it quite informative so far (eg. I never knew there was a theory that Mercury was the core of a dead gas giant - which sounds awesome).
I'm caught up on these. I really enjoy the conversational tone and the excitement with which these folks talk about these missions, and the 'gravity assist' that got them started on their careers in astronomy.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

:D

"SpaceX confirmed Wednesday its CEO Elon Musk plans to blast his cherry red electric car off toward the Red Planet when the company's Falcon Heavy rocket launches for the first time next month."

http://www.gdnonline.com/Details/297331/SpaceXs-Elon-Musk-to-launch-his-own-car-into-deep-space

Shinawi

Shinawi

He should make sure that the paint job doesn't get ruined by the Martian sandstorms.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.americasuncommonsense.com/1-apollo-17-diary-of-the-12th-man/

I thought this might be of interest to some. It's the diary of Apollo 17 astronaut Harrison Schmitt. Only a couple of chapters actually released, though.

President Trump Directs NASA to Return to the Moon, Then Aim for Mars

Quote"Exactly 45 years ago, almost to the minute, Jack [Schmitt] become one of the last Americans to land on the moon," Trump said. "Today, we pledge that he will not be the last."

"The directive I'm signing today will refocus America's space program on human exploration and discovery," Trump said during the ceremony. "It marks an important step in returning American astronauts to the moon for the first time since 1972, for long-term exploration and use. This time we will not only plant our flag and leave our footprint — we will establish a foundation for an eventual mission to Mars and perhaps someday to many worlds beyond."

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed