Author
Space News & Views (Read 68,088 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 01, 2017, 07:13:24 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 01, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Dudes, look at this...

https://futurism.com/ic-1101-the-largest-galaxy-ever-found/

While there are some debates here and there about its actual size...its still EPIC.

I don't believe we are the only ones here in this universe at all, it completely solidified on my book. Thats a whole lot of adventure right there to check out and explore.

Ah, yes!

IC-1101!

I love that galaxy. Unfortunately, it's one of the dying ones. It's yellow-ish in colour due to the lack of fresh star material to form new stars. Unlike the vibrant blue and white colours of galaxies such as our own and Andromeda which still have plenty of stellar matter to help form new stars.

What helps galaxies gain new star materials is through galactic cannibalism, where the two (such as our Milky Way and Andromeda will eventually do) merge together into one and exchange all this fresh and fertile star dust.

IC-1101 doesn't seem to have many galaxies nearby to achieve cannibalism, or if it does, they're too small to have any big contribution to it. It'd be like you eating a single pea for the entire day.

Our universe truly is one fascinating entity.

Would it not be at least millions of more years into the future until it dies off? Then again, I have no idea if when and how we will have the capability of galaxy hopping. Our boys and girls in white are working hard day and night trying to figure out better ways to move planet from planet, so its astonishing and amazing to see how tech will improve centuries from now.

Plus on a meta universal scale, I am looking back at 1917 and 2017 and realize wow....if 2017 is the equivalent of thier millennium timeline, damm so much can happen. Its like look how far we came in 100 years, whats it like going to be 100 years later?

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 04, 2017, 12:15:11 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 01, 2017, 07:13:24 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 01, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Dudes, look at this...

https://futurism.com/ic-1101-the-largest-galaxy-ever-found/

While there are some debates here and there about its actual size...its still EPIC.

I don't believe we are the only ones here in this universe at all, it completely solidified on my book. Thats a whole lot of adventure right there to check out and explore.

Ah, yes!

IC-1101!

I love that galaxy. Unfortunately, it's one of the dying ones. It's yellow-ish in colour due to the lack of fresh star material to form new stars. Unlike the vibrant blue and white colours of galaxies such as our own and Andromeda which still have plenty of stellar matter to help form new stars.

What helps galaxies gain new star materials is through galactic cannibalism, where the two (such as our Milky Way and Andromeda will eventually do) merge together into one and exchange all this fresh and fertile star dust.

IC-1101 doesn't seem to have many galaxies nearby to achieve cannibalism, or if it does, they're too small to have any big contribution to it. It'd be like you eating a single pea for the entire day.

Our universe truly is one fascinating entity.

Would it not be at least millions of more years into the future until it dies off? Then again, I have no idea if when and how we will have the capability of galaxy hopping. Our boys and girls in white are working hard day and night trying to figure out better ways to move planet from planet, so its astonishing and amazing to see how tech will improve centuries from now.

Plus on a meta universal scale, I am looking back at 1917 and 2017 and realize wow....if 2017 is the equivalent of thier millennium timeline, damm so much can happen. Its like look how far we came in 100 years, whats it like going to be 100 years later?

Yeah, it'd definitely be millions (or even trillions) of years before IC-1101 begins fading out of existence. Andromeda is already 10 billion years away from colliding with us.

That is amazing to consider. We've progressed so much in recent times which is interesting because when you go to Medieval times, or Paleo times, 100 years would've meant very little as far as progression is concerned.

Like, 1100 to 1200, people still used swords and shields.

Or 76,000 BC to 75,000 BC, Ugg still swung his stone axe like a champion.  :P

But 1900 to 2000, you see huge (YUUUGE) leaps in tech, you see people go from horses and carriages, to cars, planes, CHOPPAHs, rocket space craft, submarines, particle accelerators, genetic engineering you name it and it probably happened.

I think that despite our flaws, despite so many human things that piss me off, from an animal and nature perspective, humans are the most fascinating creature to have evolved on this planet.

While on the topic, in the Rage War novels, Isa Palant tells Elder Kalakta how she thinks "galactic travel is impossible" to which the Predator elder tells her "imagine telling your ancestors a thousand years ago about your Dropholes (which are man-made wormhole gates)." So from 2692, that'd be 1692. Holy shit!

If we continue to progress at this pace, imagine what we'd have in our own 2692 AD!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Imagine the number of habitable planets that could be orbiting these superstars.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/22/nasa-we-found-7-earth-sized-planets-just-40-light-years-away/?sr_source=Facebook

NASA: We found 7 Earth-sized planets just 40 light years away

Now for the follow up!

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 22, 2017, 06:39:33 PM
https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/22/nasa-we-found-7-earth-sized-planets-just-40-light-years-away/?sr_source=Facebook

NASA: We found 7 Earth-sized planets just 40 light years away

Now for the follow up!

Looks like our current setup.... scary if LIFE is on one of those planets.

We really shouldn't be messing around with this *search for life business* lol it's gonna backfire one day i think.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Zeta 2 Reticuli is around 40 light-years away too...  :o

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

There are aliens out there. Right now. In our back yard. Now all we need to do it create the technology to detect them.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

We lack the proper motivation, thus...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 20, 2016, 01:05:44 AM
How does it feel knowing that you'll never see any of these places in person?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Not many people have even explored much of this planet.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 22, 2017, 11:45:48 PM

So you have no interest in exploring the rest of the universe?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 23, 2017, 12:01:16 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 22, 2017, 11:45:48 PM

So you have no interest in exploring the rest of the universe?

Universe?  Chicken feed.  Multiverse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed