Started by Nostromo, Aug 27, 2016, 03:31:59 PM

Author
Space News & Views (Read 68,088 times)

Local Trouble

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 10, 2017, 12:07:16 AM
A Stellar Explosion Could Be Visible In the Night Sky In 2022

That would be spectacular. Really hope that comes to pass and we can get a good look at a nova.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

An Enormous Atmospheric Anomaly Has Been Spotted On Venus

Still waiting for news of mysterious probes around Uranus.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

You know what's odd?? Out of all the known planets discovered we are the only one with life, but i think honestly NASA is hiding info.. They know we are not alone, and i would go so far as to say that they know exactly in which direction to look, and are afraid to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxdVW6AuPg

Corporal Hicks

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 18, 2017, 04:15:51 PM
You know what's odd?? Out of all the known planets discovered we are the only one with life, but i think honestly NASA is hiding info.. They know we are not alone, and i would go so far as to say that they know exactly in which direction to look, and are afraid to.

Indeed, always suspect them, but then again... if we actually found a planet with life on it, and they are advanced... not good for earth lol.

kinda like Prometheus lol

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: x-M-x on Jan 25, 2017, 06:38:06 PM

Indeed, always suspect them, but then again... if we actually found a planet with life on it, and they are advanced... not good for earth lol.

kinda like Prometheus lol

Let's hope "hunting for sport" is not a thing among them as well. XD

Corporal Hicks

Pvt. Himmel

SiL

SiL

You know what's odd?? Out of all the known planets discovered we are the only one with life, but i think honestly NASA is hiding info..
Of all the planets discovered, we have the ability to visit 7.

Of those seven, four have no surface.

Of the remaining three, we've landed on two.

Of those two, one is incapable of supporting any sort of life as we know it, and we're still not sure if the other one does/doesn't, or did/never did.

Of all the moons, we've landed on two. One is dead. The other has lakes of farts. We're pretty sure it's worth our time to look under another one.

How in the hell people expect NASA to have found alien life after looking under the equivalent of a few grains of sand on an entire beach, I've no clue. But assuming people are lying to you to spoil the fun is a lot more palatable than the fact life can be pretty disappointing, so whatever floats your boat.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 27, 2017, 06:52:01 AM
Of all the moons, we've landed on two. One is dead. The other has lakes of farts. We're pretty sure it's worth our time to look under another one.

Lol!  :laugh:

We're still a long, long, long, long way off discovering anything. Certainly not in our own lifetime. But we still get to witness a lot of firsts. I'm so thankful the Pluto fly-by happened while I was alive and hopefully I'll get to see man land on Mars.

And snipped. Let's keep on track please.  :)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Dudes, look at this...

https://futurism.com/ic-1101-the-largest-galaxy-ever-found/

While there are some debates here and there about its actual size...its still EPIC.

I don't believe we are the only ones here in this universe at all, it completely solidified on my book. Thats a whole lot of adventure right there to check out and explore.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 01, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Dudes, look at this...

While there are some debates here and there about its actual size...its still EPIC.

I don't believe we are the only ones here in this universe at all, it completely solidified on my book. Thats a whole lot of adventure right there to check out and explore.

At least someone agrees, and I would love to explore that but alas not in this lifetime. :)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 01, 2017, 06:33:18 PM
Dudes, look at this...

Ah, yes!

IC-1101!

I love that galaxy. Unfortunately, it's one of the dying ones. It's yellow-ish in colour due to the lack of fresh star material to form new stars. Unlike the vibrant blue and white colours of galaxies such as our own and Andromeda which still have plenty of stellar matter to help form new stars.

What helps galaxies gain new star materials is through galactic cannibalism, where the two (such as our Milky Way and Andromeda will eventually do) merge together into one and exchange all this fresh and fertile star dust.

IC-1101 doesn't seem to have many galaxies nearby to achieve cannibalism, or if it does, they're too small to have any big contribution to it. It'd be like you eating a single pea for the entire day.

Our universe truly is one fascinating entity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed