Aliens novels chronology

Started by Magneto, Mar 07, 2010, 08:31:34 PM

Author
Aliens novels chronology (Read 41,124 times)

Everlasting Undead

Quote from: Katarn84 on Apr 23, 2010, 11:26:07 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Apr 23, 2010, 12:07:47 AM
Can you tell us where exactly in AVP War where Machiko recalls events in Hunter's Planet?

Absolutely not, it's been quite a few years ago when I read those books (I guess they were my first books in the series). I only remember that in Hunter's Planet were told some facts I missed taht I found in War when I read it, the details are quite a bit foggy.

Just finished re-reading War - It doesn't mention anything about what happened in Hunter's Planet - I've just started on Hunters Planet again, and it briefly mentions in the first or second chapter that Machiko chose to go against the hunting pack she was running with when they attacked a mining colony... which is slightly different to the Bhunda survey station mentioned in War, though is a similar premise, I suppose.

Katarn84

Katarn84

I just finished my A & P book collection, with criminal enterprise.
I'm quite disappointed by this book... if you buy a book with Aliens wrote on it, and the xenomoprh on the cover, then you find a book about drug dealers, ex cops looking for revenge and two brothers that shouldn't be where they are, with the Aliens posing just as guard dogs you can't be anything but disappointed. Especially if the author place sex any other page to get the pages required...

By the way, I think this also should be pre-invasion, since Tommy and other characters had never seen an Alien. Even if apparentrly Neo-Pharm and Grant know about those beasts.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Everlasting Undead on May 20, 2010, 04:40:01 PM
Can you tell us where exactly in AVP War where Machiko recalls events in Hunter's Planet?

Absolutely not, it's been quite a few years ago when I read those books (I guess they were my first books in the series). I only remember that in Hunter's Planet were told some facts I missed taht I found in War when I read it, the details are quite a bit foggy.

Just finished re-reading War - It doesn't mention anything about what happened in Hunter's Planet - I've just started on Hunters Planet again, and it briefly mentions in the first or second chapter that Machiko chose to go against the hunting pack she was running with when they attacked a mining colony... which is slightly different to the Bhunda survey station mentioned in War, though is a similar premise, I suppose.
Hunter's Planet definitely takes place after War, even though the book was released first. War starts with Machiko still with the Predators and ends with her leaving them, and HP has her having been away from the Predators for some time (I don't remember how long). Therefore, HP happens after War ends.

SM

SM

Does she leave them again at the end of HP so she's not with them in the new comics?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

She never joins them in HP.

SM

SM

Oh, right.  Misread.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'd have to re-check the new AvP comics, but doesn't it pick up 10 years after War or whatever? HP would have been in that gap somewhere - I don't member if HP gives any concrete hints as to how long it's been since she left the Predators, but it had seemed like a couple years from what I recall.

happypred

happypred

hunter's planet and war are alternative sequels to prey

shorty is a different character and dies different deaths in hunters' planet and war

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Everlasting Undead on May 20, 2010, 04:40:01 PM

Now that I think about it; I think it was mentioned somewhere in the War novel that the Bhunda station did do some mining.

Quote from: happypred on Jul 20, 2010, 08:35:50 AM
hunter's planet and war are alternative sequels to prey

shorty is a different character and dies different deaths in hunters' planet and war

Or maybe Machiko didn't really kill Shorty in War, she just thought she did.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Kind of hard to fight with no hands even if he did survive. 

HP doesnt mention him as a kickboxer in HP.

predxeno

predxeno

It's indicated in Predator 2 novelization and AVP Prey novel that Predators have the technology to regrow lost limbs.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Holy shit, I don't even remember that. Nice catch!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

HP was the only story aside from the DHpres Alien/Pred novels that didn't have a comic forbearer.  Thus, I disregard it in favor of War, which WAS the original sequel to AvP.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, but it did have an original plot (even if it cribbed a couple things from War, like the Queen capture and the Shorty fight) so I never really saw a reason to disregard it, personally.

Not saying you aren't allowed to ignore it, haha, just giving my opinion on the book.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But then how would Ellis fit into all that? There's no mention of him in Hunters Planet and that'll be years between War and Three World War. I always got the impression in 3WW that they'd been together for a while, obviously long enough for a relationship to develop.

It's been a while since I read the book but I can remember disliking it. Strongly. It might be worth re-reading the trilogy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed