Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 301,396 times)

Kel G 426

QuoteYeah.  I get that.  I have no objection to any one of any age in acting roles.  I don't even object to Sigourney Weaver appearing in movies until the day she dies.

Then why did you make age an issue?

QuoteBringing back deceased characters for no greater gain is my objection.

It's a very positive emotional gain for people who like those characters and the actors who play them.

QuoteRipley is dead.

Only if you acknowledge AlienĀ³.  :P  besides, most people were never bothered by Ripley's death.  That's not the issue.

QuoteDEAD.   YOU GET THAT, Sonny? DEAD.

Why are you yelling at me, BUCKO?

QuoteBy the way.  That wasn't Peter Cushing in 'Rogue One'.  That was a computer generated likeness provided with the permission of Peter Cushing's Estate and a stand in actor.  Characters and actors are 2 very different entities.   Learn the difference.

I know. Point stands.

Quotelol
Nervous?

Ingwar

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 30, 2016, 11:50:13 PM
I'm an agreement with you though. I hated that Hicks and Newt died in Alien3 but they did. Going back seems silly. It reminds me of when Alien: Resurrection was getting made and there were rumors that the third film was going to be a dream. I wish Resurrection was a dream.

Alien3 as a dream? You cannot take seriously Alien movie if it's a dream. Alien3 happened and Hicks, Newt and Ripley are dead :).

Kel G 426

Then why continue the debate?  You have the sequel you want.  Why begrudge others of the sequel they want?

Ingwar

Quote from: Kelgaard on Dec 31, 2016, 03:20:26 PM
Then why continue the debate?  You have the sequel you want.  Why begrudge others of the sequel they want?

Why continue the debate? As far as I know forum is the place for debate. For that reason we share our thoughts and concerns. Do you feel offended by that? I hope not.

Idea of Blomkamp's Alien is silly. It's fan service at its worst. It will make more mess that you can imagine. I'm not against him though. I wish him the best and would like him to make an Alien movie but not in such form.

Kel G 426

Until there's more news to discuss, we're just rehashing the same arguments we've had for over a year.

Blomkamp is aiming for a retcon because that's the way to have Weaver's star power in his film.   No one wants the "it was all a dream" scenario and nobody wants a Resurrection sequel.  It's not fan service, it's business.

Lonely Universe

They shouldn't explain it at all. Just pick it up after Aliens & go a different route. Let people with bad taste still have the original timeline if they want.

Ingwar

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Dec 31, 2016, 08:11:14 PM
They shouldn't explain it at all. Just pick it up after Aliens & go a different route. Let people with bad taste still have the original timeline if they want.

Bad taste? Alien3 is great movie and you haven'r even seen Blomkamp's Alien because it hasn't been made yet. How do you know it's gonna be good?

echobbase79

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 31, 2016, 03:08:10 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 30, 2016, 11:50:13 PM
I'm an agreement with you though. I hated that Hicks and Newt died in Alien3 but they did. Going back seems silly. It reminds me of when Alien: Resurrection was getting made and there were rumors that the third film was going to be a dream. I wish Resurrection was a dream.

Alien3 as a dream? You cannot take seriously Alien movie if it's a dream. Alien3 happened and Hicks, Newt and Ripley are dead :).

Yeah, there was some rumors where Ripley wakes from cryo sleep and Hicks and Newt are still alive. I don't know how serious it was, but they were reporting it in big Sci-Fi magazines like Cinescape and Sci-Fi Universe.

Was Chappie any good? I've never seen it.

The Alien Predator

"They don't agree with me so therefore bad taste."

Ingwar

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 31, 2016, 08:44:24 PM
Was Chappie any good? I've never seen it.

It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't watch it. Do it and make our own opinion.

windebieste

Would have been great.

In 1988.

:P

-Windebieste.

SM

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 31, 2016, 08:28:16 PM

Bad taste? Alien3 is great movie and you haven'r even seen Blomkamp's Alien because it hasn't been made yet. How do you know it's gonna be good?

How do you know it's gonna be silly?

Ingwar

Quote from: SM on Dec 31, 2016, 10:06:57 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 31, 2016, 08:28:16 PM

How do you know it's gonna be silly?

Just a premonition based upon Blomkamp's recent movies (especially Chappie) and the idea of getting Hicks, Newt and Ripley back on screen? What for? I hope it's gonna be good but I sincerely doubt that.

SM

QuoteWhat for?

'Cos Blomkamp pitched them an idea, with Weaver on side, and Fox liked it enough that they thought it'd make them money.

Same reason any movie gets made.

Ingwar

Quote from: SM on Dec 31, 2016, 10:30:30 PM
QuoteWhat for?

'Cos Blomkamp pitched them an idea, with Weaver on side, and Fox liked it enough that they thought it'd make them money.

Same reason any movie gets made.

You don't have to tell me that. I know it's about money. I wasn't asking about it. I asked: what for? Why doing this and messing with cannon?
Besides, because Fox like an idea doesn't mean it'll bring them money. It might be a flop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed