Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 01:51:34 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Today at 10:36:10 AMSo, as aforementioned, a LOT rides on this film for me and my membership of this franchise. It is make-or-break.

I hope the right choices have been made.

Imo it is just a film, and that will be exactly what it is, nothing groundbreaking. It will have nowhere near the cultural staying power of the originals. Frankly like Prey I expect a good reception but the average punter to go right back to the same old "there's only two good'uns" as before.

It is my belief that the conversation will change with Noah Hawley for better or worse, but not before that.

I hope Romulus delivers more than serviceable but doubt it.
I've heard some people speculate that some of the cloaked shots are Van Damme but there is no way to be sure on that one. He should be listed on the IMDB for sure even if it's just as Uncredited appearance.

Oh yea and if you look close there is predator blood on the tree... not sure what that is even about! lol
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Prez - Today at 01:46:51 PM
Quote from: Prez on May 15, 2024, 04:55:26 AMStarted watching Godzilla x Kong but got pulled away with other commitments.

The tone in those first 5 minutes though - oh boy - they've really gone full circle crazy and so far removed from the serious tone of 2014 Godzilla.

Spoiler
Kong having a shower???
[close]

Finished this and holy cow, what a piece of crap - they've taken up the campy aspect to an 11 in this one. Wingard's direction is purely comical and the soundtrack choices at time clearly trying to capture the whole Thor & GOTG vibe yet seeming so out of place. The CGI whilst spectacular makes the titans seem so comical in movement giving zero sense of their size.

@Local Trouble see. There you go. Frame this one.
Last post by TheBATMAN - Today at 01:46:04 PM
The xenos in Aliens do look noticably smaller IMO.

I'm hoping in terms of size that they look more akin to this...

Recreational Area / Re: What are you listening to ...
Last post by HuDaFuK - Today at 01:45:07 PM
Not had a chance to spin that one yet myself, although I plan to. Is there a drastic difference?
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 01:36:13 PM
Except AVP-R, I don't think that is a wine that will get better with age  :laugh:
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 01:35:21 PM
I thought watching Alien movies was like tasting wine? :o

Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 01:34:55 PM
Quote from: razeak on Today at 01:25:22 PMI really don't get the butt hurt if someone doesn't want to go to the theater. Interesting. It's like reverse gate keeping.

The smugness is really stinking in both directions here. This isn't a religion. You can talk about it if you see it, and you can talk about it if you don't.  :rolleyes:

That being said, saw Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (excellent overall), and saw the Romulus poster. My 6 year old and 16 year old were hyped.

Everyone moved on dude, why stir the pot?
Last post by razeak - Today at 01:25:22 PM
I really don't get the butt hurt if someone doesn't want to go to the theater. Interesting. It's like reverse gate keeping.

The smugness is really stinking in both directions here. This isn't a religion. You can talk about it if you see it, and you can talk about it if you don't.  :rolleyes:

That being said, saw Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (excellent overall), and saw the Romulus poster. My 6 year old and 16 year old were hyped.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens 4k release Opinions
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 01:24:36 PM
Details go in and out of existence at random so in certain moments people have all their facial features and in others they have a smeared mess as seen above.  It is inconsistent because the artificial intelligence interprets frame by frame without actual continuity.

The hydraulics noise in the ramp closing no longer exists on the Atmos mix, it is still present on the DTX HD mix though. Compare them if you do not believe me.

The most damming thing to me's the way it wipes away dirt from Newt's face because it does not understand textural detail and assumes it to be film grain that has been sadly intentionally obliterated from this transfer for a digital look.

Look at the irises, they are totally wiped of detail, they look like fake eyes now.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed