Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 115,090 times)

Corporal Hicks

I think they were just duff synopsis' that people had written.

Never say no to Panda!

The dawn of a new franchise...Alien vs Predator vs Humans & Spacejockeys  :o

zuzuki

what are they examining here?

RoaryUK

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Aug 01, 2011, 07:20:19 PM
The dawn of a new franchise...Alien vs Predator vs Humans & Spacejockeys  :o

Would you really put it past FOX not to do that???  lol

ThisBethesdaSea

Almost looks like some sort of proto face hugger around some ones head.

RoaryUK

Was just thinking, considering there's still over 9 months to go til PROMETHEUS's release, Scott certainly has a lot of stuff to show for it....and it's looking good too!

Berserker Pred

I'm really looking forward to this film!

JaaayDee

Now where is that close up shot of Archeron....

cmc

Effectz

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 01, 2011, 06:55:59 PM
Quote from: RoaryUK on Aug 01, 2011, 06:49:17 PM
Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 01, 2011, 06:38:29 PM
It's officially unknown whether we'll see Xeno's or not. They like to claim this as a standalone film within the universe of Alien but the more and more i/we see the more it looks pretty damn related to the original.

And certainly i could by that platform being the top of the giant head. I really don't know that'll i speculate too much about it now though. Sure, that's a good chuck of the fun, but we really have no clue what the giant head symbolizes am i right?

Supposedly there's some kind of "pure" form of xeno we havent seen yet, that's pressumably a creation of the Jockeys, maybe workers of some kind, but it's rumoured is nothing like the creature from Alien.  Im guessing what happens is, the goo we've seen in other pics gets contaminated by these humans, and becomes the alien we know, and wreaks havok on everything else.

Perhaps - I'd heard of the alleged pure alien before but i'm cautious as to what i perceive that to mean. If there's one thing i'm not keen on it's Alien goo, especially if it's of some vital importance to the development of any particular creature. What immediately pops to mind is the Species films, most notably II, when it's an alien goo that triggers the transformation into w/e creature they become. They too often talk of purebred aliens that we've not seen. Now, maybe it's disingenuous to compare the Alien franchise, espec the original, with Species, but that's where my mind goes when talking about 'goo' and pure, or half, breeds.

''PROMETHEUS, Ridley Scott's kind-of prequel to ALIEN, that we're all terribly excited for, is said to have strains of Alien DNA and will take place within the same universe. More rumors have come out of just how much of that DNA lies in the film.''

"Remember how the alien took on canine qualities after gestating in a dog? You may even suppose that the first film's alien was so recognizably humanoid because it had grown in a human. The same applies here: generation by generation, the creature mutates. As Prometheus begins, the xenomorph is not too recognizable. Sure, it has that alien DNA that Scott and Fassbender teasingly referred to, but it's missing... well, it's missing human DNA. Or dog DNA."

Im guessing that these canisters with the goo contain strains of DNA.

Space Sweeper

So good.

Oh god.

SO GOOD.

Bat Chain Puller

Getting a distinct "Man who fell to Earth" Bowie feels from this character.

And I love it.

Lonely Universe

Soooo glad I joined this forum :laugh:

harlock

Great pics!  ;D

Anyone notice what looks like an alien clinging to the roof over the guys in white in the pic of the woman with the buckled knees?

Also, those "cryopods" look like the Grav-Couches from Event Horizon, which would be awesome, as Grav-couches are more hard scifi than cryopods and also would be needed for a ship that'll accelerate over a set amount of G, especially for that Time Dilation to be noticable.

"David" looks suitably creepy, as those Vickers, the pic of the guy in the HEV Suit examining something looks like theyre examining someone with a proto-facehugger on them, although its hard to tell with the brightness/contrast so high in the pic.

I think everyone has covered everything else atm, but I'm so glad I checked in today!  :D

Never say no to Panda!

Imagine all those pics in HD  :o
Time to release the teaser...trailer...footage...ah whatsoever!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed