Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,732 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not really. Requiem had red, green, yellow, black (lots of it)...

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

AvP's stark pallet did bring the film visual cohesiveness, though. Everything came together very naturally.

More colours doesn't always equate to better, and overloading on the visuals basically gets you dumb shit like the remastered Original Trilogy from Star Wars.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 10, 2010, 02:19:22 AM
Nice set, but it's too bad the whole film was practically black and white, yeesh.
No less than AvPR.

SiL

SiL

I'll take a well-shot black and white film over something that was colour-corrected by a blind quadruple amputee as directed by two apes prancing about in man suits.

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

AVP: R was a pporly made film with a flimsy story and sorry excuses for characters.Nonetheless I found most of the Predator parts in Requiem entertaining and so that what makes me prefer it to AVP.
AVP was a well made film I'll give it credit for that but nothing really stands out about the film to make me like it or hate it.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Sep 10, 2010, 12:05:09 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 09, 2010, 11:52:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMkGOpAF4s
LMFAO!
I wonder what that guy did...

some kid just got tased at my school MHS.

I know Zahrod , I was right next to him right before it happened  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTU7x4wquRU

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 10, 2010, 03:31:03 AM
AvP's stark pallet did bring the film visual cohesiveness, though. Everything came together very naturally.

More colours doesn't always equate to better, and overloading on the visuals basically gets you dumb shit like the remastered Original Trilogy from Star Wars.

What cohesiveness? The film was an eye-sore; to me anyway. I'd rather have dark colours than black and white.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvP wasn't black and white. There was Blue. Ice Blue. Red. Yellow. Orange. Green. Amongst others.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Blue? Trailers don't count, it's not the actual film here.

Red? Sure, all 1.5 seconds of it.

Orange? Don't remember

Yellow? No way.

Green? The odd Alien-blood shot, sure.

SiL

SiL

Lex wore red and Sebastian wore yellow. There was more yellow and orange from the scenes set in Mexico, the establishing shot of the tracking station, and the Weyland logo, which is everywhere, was yellow, too. There was plenty of blue throughout the film, either in the locations -- dark blue -- or set dressing.

But seriously, what the hell. Most of the friggin' movie takes place in Antarctica, a country not exactly renowned for its broad colour pallet.

You're honestly trying to tell people you think AvPR looks better than, say, Sin City? Or Casablanca? Or any of a hundred beautiful movies shot in black and white? Get off the grass, man.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 10, 2010, 08:20:37 PM
Blue? Trailers don't count, it's not the actual film here.
Beware.

Orange? Don't remember
Beware x2:

Yellow? No way.
See SiL for reference + some colors on the ship

Green? The odd Alien-blood shot, sure.
Predator blood too.

SiL

SiL

But, yeah, no -- that's just black and white all up in there. Not a hint of colour.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Thing is, as well, that most films only use a small palette in any given shot expressly to make sure the shot is easily understandable and cohesive.

Think about Jurassic Park, for instance. The scene where the T.rex attacks the immobolised tour cars is basically made of three colours: red (the T.rex, which closer to dull maroon but still), yellow (the tour cars) and blue (the environment). Essentially three colours, and just your basic primary colours at that.

SiL

SiL

And AvPR is no different. It has no more colour range than the first AvP.

scm

scm

Doom you just won't ever give it up will you?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed