predator costume is shit doesnt look like the original

better quality

better acting

good characters

alien looks like shit too

avpr

there's only one predator

predator looks ooriginal

alien is like shit in this movie is not even avpr is predator kicking aliens ass

alien costume look good

there's a shit load of alien against one and predator kills all of them witch they really can't

so yea avp is way better than avpr. but i like the story

xi killa yu

xi killa yu

Quote from: Alan Dutch Schaefer on Dec 27, 2007, 02:18:01 AM
one thing i have to about Paul Anderson is that he read the original comics because the predators did befriend a woman and helped the humans. they also tore off a finger on an alien and made a scar symbol on the forehead
But Paul Anderson did put on the trailer that who ever wins we loose, so lex was helping the predator ??? If he's going to make a movie ryt make it ryt. Don't try to copy by a comic >:(

Predator King

Predator King

I've always liked AVP better than AVP2. Mainly because it has a better story/plot, special effects and much better acting. The dialogue was just as hollow as AVP2's in my opinion, but the acting made it seem like Shakespearean dialogue compared to AVP2.

On the other hand, I must admit, I liked the AVP2 Predator design way more than AVP's.

Predator King

Predator King

I'm surprised to see that so many people choose AVP2 over AVP :o

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why does that surprise you?

Predator King

Predator King

Well, for one AVP was more of a versus film than AVP2. AVP2 was more like Predator hunting Alien.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's what a versus movie involves. One creature hunting the other.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteAVP2 was more like Predator hunting Alien.
Thats what the Predator is all about.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: Predator King on Feb 19, 2009, 10:47:59 PM
AVP2 was more like Predator hunting Alien.

more like hunting predalien. aliens in this movie werent even an issue, they were just flies

The first one was more of versus like you said. Aliens always seem to end up getting the upper hand because its pure, raw nature, something that we've been proven over and over again that no technology is gonna be superior to the mother nature and animalistic instincts.

Predator King

Predator King

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 19, 2009, 11:48:32 PM
QuoteAVP2 was more like Predator hunting Alien.
Thats what the Predator is all about.

When it comes to hunting humans. When they battle Aliens, it is more equally spaced out because Aliens are just as stealthy as Predators, if not, more.

Quote from: Hyperdyne on Feb 20, 2009, 01:16:43 AM

more like hunting predalien. aliens in this movie werent even an issue, they were just flies

The first one was more of versus like you said. Aliens always seem to end up getting the upper hand because its pure, raw nature, something that we've been proven over and over again that no technology is gonna be superior to the mother nature and animalistic instincts.

I couldn't agree more.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

But being the ultimate hunter means being able to overcome that animal instinct. That's why Pred tech is so advanced.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 20, 2009, 08:56:38 PM

But being the ultimate hunter means being able to overcome that animal instinct. That's why Pred tech is so advanced.

But thats not how it is. technology and mind cannot overcome nature and basic animalistic instincts. hell, the huge Roman empire was beaten by blood thirsty barbarians , thats another huge example.

James Cameron's message in all of his movies is how nature and basic force will always win over mind and technology, wheter its people winning the war against super advanced machines in Terminator, or unsinkable gigantic ship being defeated by nature in Titanic, its the same theme. Same with Alien series, all four movies. No matter how advanced, wheter its marines or high tech scietists, nature and animals always win.
Same with 'Jaws'. Same with 'The Ghost and The Darkness' and on and on.
And same with the first, and virtually every AVP comic book. It ALWAYS ends the same way. Things get out off control and its not abut winning anymore, but about surviving in a place overrun by aliens

And AVP held to that notion. AVPR on the other hand ,did not and showed us video game and cartoon scenario instead with one big guy beating them all and even humans easily containing the species

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How was Wolf containing the Aliens? By the time they came out of the sewers, they started spreading like wildfire.

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 20, 2009, 11:10:50 PM
How was Wolf containing the Aliens? By the time they came out of the sewers, they started spreading like wildfire.

People contained aliens.

Wolf on the other hand, should have a very tough time fighting an alien. in AVP comic, aliens were always lethally deangerous for predators and could take them out in one on out fight. Only the strongest and eldest could actaually put up a fight (talking biut the original comic), and they were suing blades and weapons , not bare hands.
In first AVP I thought it was already a bit of a stretch to show them in hand to hand combat and being kinda equal.

Yet in AvpR, Wolf easily holds two aliens with his bare hands and throws them around like rag dolls, like getting rid of a mosquito on your hand. He doesnt have ANy problem fighting multiple alienS

And as far as infestation, that was horribly done and thats what actually ruined the franchise. Why aliens stayed in one place?
I think Dark Horse's '88 continuation of Aliens shows exactly how its suppose to look like. Queen gets on earth and within no time the entire planet is overrun by aliens and not even an army can do anything, mass chaos and infastation follows, a true armageddon

yet in avpR aliens never spread even thought life is all around everywhere. aliens werent the main problem. aliens were contained with "click', just like that with a bomb.
Its different with LV where there was rock all around and only one colony with life forms/humans, when in avpR it doesnt make sense they didnt spread.The way it screws everything up is that it was the worst scenario and the whole point of the alien series - NOT to get them remotedly close to earth cause life as we know it would end, just like in 88 comic continuation. And yet avpR shows it wasnt really a problem, jthey didnt move anywhere depsite life being all around and one bomb ended a problem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed