Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 51,040 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Jan 30, 2016, 05:20:41 AM
Alien Covenant appears to be ever changing and evolving as a production, i would think alot of this is probably down to Scott and Fox both seeing many different script iterations, then incorporating and carrying forward aspects of these scripts they liked to form the finalised screenplay.One thing Prometheus did, was divide opinion amongst its audience and the studio will look at, what worked about it and what didn't. Prometheus performed reasonably well at the box office, but it had faults in script, character writing alongside pacing.and fox know people want another Alien movie, but we want something which evokes the quality of the first two movies. With Neil Blomkamps recent movies not performing particularly well and the mixed opinions of bringing Ripley, Hicks and Newt back into the franchise by ignoring everything after Aliens is a risk.Maybe fox saw Ridley coming hot off the success of the martian and is much more bankable than Blomkamp at present. Fox know a new Alien film with Scott directing is going to have audiences queueing up to watch it and going back to explain the aliens origin is potentially safer than making a new aliens sequel by Neil Blomkamp, which disregards Alien 3 onwards.Scott likes each of his films to be unique in story alongside visuals and with a new trilogy, they can potentially achieve that. That way we leave the whole franchise, as it is chronologically intact, explore the aliens origins and introduce new characters. If shaw is not in the film and what happens to her is eluded to, but not in detail, it can be explored in a sequel or in a separate film, if that's what they choose to do with her character, this way everything to do with prometheus and the alien movies remains intact, plus Scott gets more freedom to explore a new franchise, with new ideas.If we don't see any engineers in alien covenant, they may hold that back and explore it, in a separate film following shaws character arc, or they may just directly kill her off in alien covenant. Either way alot is happening, it's exciting, but also confusing, all we can do is speculate and debate for now.

I'm sure Fox did a thorough analysis of Prometheus and I'm sure they found that Shaw's venture off towards the engineer home world was among the most interesting parts of the film.  So to not continue that thread would be very risky for fox.

mace-in-the-face

mace-in-the-face

Ridley Scott is so full of shit. The days of Alien and Blade Runner are long gone.

Beja

Beja

I think that's pretty safe to say...!

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Jan 30, 2016, 05:18:00 PM
Ridley Scott is so full of shit. The days of Alien and Blade Runner are long gone.
So true.Even though the Martian was a great it wasn't HIS original idea its based of a book. 

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

You know, the fact that Ridley keeps everybody off the scent of the film's true story works for me just fine.  Do you really want to go into the film knowing everything?

predxeno

predxeno

Ripley can keep people off the scent by simply not talking, by continuously contradicting himself he looks incompetent.

Stolen

Stolen

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 30, 2016, 05:46:37 PM
You know, the fact that Ridley keeps everybody off the scent of the film's true story works for me just fine.  Do you really want to go into the film knowing everything?

True.
Ridley Scott has directed two of the best movies ever made. That's better than 99% of all directors. Today he continues to make great movie and much better than most. I don't think The Counselor, Thelma & Louise, Kingdom Of Heaven, American Gangster, Gladiator, Prometheus, Black Hawk Down and others are crap... not as good as probably Alien and Blade Runner, but very good nonetheless...

So even if some choices are strange or stupid, I wait to see the final result for Covenant, as it remains one of the most talented filmmakers of his time.

I really hope that Noomi Rapace will be in the film because she was well provided for  Covenant. negotiations ...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 30, 2016, 06:19:26 PM
Ripley can keep people off the scent by simply not talking, by continuously contradicting himself he looks incompetent.

"Ripley" XD

Yeah, I did learn that Ridley does tend to change things up often, similar things happened with Prometheus too.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 30, 2016, 06:42:45 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 30, 2016, 06:19:26 PM

"Ripley" XD

Yeah, I did learn that Ridley does tend to change things up often, similar things happened with Prometheus too.

XD

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: x-M-x on Jan 30, 2016, 12:57:56 PM
Maybe shaw will be that jockey in Alien 1? 0_o  :D

COMES FULL CIRCLE ? lol

That's up there with the kind of stuff  (like David somehow creating the Aliens) that would just royally piss me off.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2016, 06:58:09 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on Jan 30, 2016, 12:57:56 PM
Maybe shaw will be that jockey in Alien 1? 0_o  :D

COMES FULL CIRCLE ? lol

That's up there with the kind of stuff  (like David somehow creating the Aliens) that would just royally piss me off.

I understand, but as I've mentioned before, I would not be surprised if both those things happen. I sort of expect them! I guess we'll see.

Primordial

Primordial

If they happen, it would be nothing less than a sacrilege.
This should be strictly forbidden by the Alienverse Constitution  :P

CainsSon

CainsSon

Does anyone have a link to when Scott kept saying David will convince her to put his head back on and then he will become dangerous?
The concern I have now is that, he was saying this well into and after drafts of this Prometheus 2 script were finished.
How many changes could have been made in this short amount of time?

mace-in-the-face

mace-in-the-face

"Ridley can keep people off the scent by simply not talking, by continuously contradicting himself he looks incompetent."

Indeed. Pretty soon, it'll probably be announced that the xenomorph won't be in the movie either. Too many people out there are in denial that Ridley is a total hack now and still actually believe that he is capable of making another Alien or Blade Runner.

Primordial

Primordial

Simple search CainsSon :
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/12/11/ridley-scott-talks-david-prometheus-2/

For reminders, what Scott was saying about Shaw http://screenrant.com/prometheus-alien-connection-benk-176223/3/ on 06.08.2012 :

Scott: It's a bit of each. You do a bit of each and I've opened the doors. I know where it's going. I know that to keep him alive is essential and to keep her alive is essential and to go where they came from, not where I came from, is essential. That's a pretty open door and then rather than going to that, I don't see landing in a place that looks like paradise, that's not how it's going to be. There is a plan, yeah.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed