What are your favorite Alien-Predator games?

Started by Samhain13, Mar 11, 2019, 12:06:08 AM

What are your favorite Alien-Predator games?

Aliens vs. Predator: The Last of His Clan
0 (0%)
Aliens vs. Predator (SNES)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator (Arcade)
6 (12.2%)
Aliens vs. Predator (Jaguar)
3 (6.1%)
Alien Trilogy (1996)
4 (8.2%)
Aliens vs. Predator Classic (1999)
10 (20.4%)
Alien: Resurrection (2000)
3 (6.1%)
Aliens vs. Predator 2 (2001)
24 (49%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Extinction (2003)
5 (10.2%)
Predator: Concrete Jungle (2005)
10 (20.4%)
Aliens: Extermination (2006)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
13 (26.5%)
Predators (2010-2012)
0 (0%)
Aliens: Infestation (2011)
4 (8.2%)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (2013)
1 (2%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Evolution (2013)
0 (0%)
Aliens Armageddon (2014)
0 (0%)
Alien: Isolation (2014)
28 (57.1%)
Alien: Blackout (2018)
0 (0%)
Alien (1982) - Atari 2600
0 (0%)
Alien (1984) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Aliens (US Version) (1986) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Xenomorph (1990) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Aliens (1990) – Arcade
0 (0%)
Alien 3 (1992-1994) – Amiga,
1 (2%)
Alien 3: The Gun (1993) – Arcade
1 (2%)
Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure (1995) – PC
0 (0%)
Aliens: Thanatos Encounter (2001) – GBC
0 (0%)
Predator (1987-1989) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Predator 2 (1990-1992) – Multi Platforms
0 (0%)
Predator: Hunting Grounds
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
What are your favorite Alien-Predator games? (Read 6,903 times)

[cancerblack]

I really don't think AvP99 is better than AvP2 - multiplayer is different but about equal on both, and AvP2 singleplayer campaigns absolutely dunk on 99, clunky cutscenes aside.

Samhain13

I was more of a singleplayer player only back then and in that AVP2's three campaign modes did everything I was hoping for an AVP game. It became the AVP story I wished the movie had been.

I only got to play AVP99 after AVP2, it was harder to find it here, and since I always liked games with plot and worldbuilding (despite having a limited understanding of english back then), I didn't get into it as much. It was still very enjoyable but it didn't had the same impact on my childhood. I also prefer the design of how everything looks on AVP2.

AVPClassic Mad Max's redux is great and made the game's experience more fun to me, too bad we never got something like that for AVP2.

The Cruentus

AVP classic, AVP 2 and Alien Isolation was my vote. I would have liked to have voted for alien trilogy as well since I have fond memories of that game.
I have pink acid boots on.  :laugh:

AVP2010 was not too bad, there was a lot to like about it but I found it a bit mediocre and I dislike the Alien gameplay, at least in terms of stance. Instead of playing as a 7 to 8 feet towering monster, you walk around on all fours like a dog. Also despite being the melee class of the three species, you're quite fragile.

Samhain13

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 19, 2019, 11:10:40 AM
AVP2010 was not too bad, there was a lot to like about it but I found it a bit mediocre and I dislike the Alien gameplay, at least in terms of stance. Instead of playing as a 7 to 8 feet towering monster, you walk around on all fours like a dog. Also despite being the melee class of the three species, you're quite fragile.

Bipedal aliens walking on four legs is my trigger. Heck even seeing them walk with a crouched curved stance already bothers me. Sometimes the ones on AVP2 ran in fours but on AVP2010 it was much worse, on the walls of course its fine, and on the ground looks bad.

In regards to the size, I think only in Isolation the Aliens looked as tall as they should. On AVP games Aliens and Predators aren't much taller than the marines.

[cancerblack]

I'm all for quadrupedal movement for short periods of time, it does decrease visual profile and possibly increase speed after all. But having number 6 on all fours for the whole game was stupid. In fact, f**k that whole game. I can't think of a single thing I liked about it.

Wweyland

Here is my list for best Alien games. Still need to compile a best Predator games list but I think it will share half of the titles.

The Old One

The Old One

Just replaying AVP Extinction, I'm reminded how great the atmosphere of it is, I love the tone and sense of believability.

PsyKore

Never got to play that. Wish they released a PC version of it. I'm really too lazy to mess around with emulators and such right now.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 06, 2019, 06:58:39 AM
Never got to play that. Wish they released a PC version of it. I'm really too lazy to mess around with emulators and such right now.

It's pretty much any old decent RTS but with a solid grasp on the thematics of the setting. Easiest comparison is calling it the Dawn of War 1 of AvP.

razeak

Isolation
AVP2
AVP Arcade

Infestation is right up there in quality though.

For great memories, the labor of dragging my 6 year old the Colonial Marines 50 times at his request was ultimately rewarding. We still bug hunt occasionally.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 06, 2019, 03:25:32 AM
Just replaying AVP Extinction, I'm reminded how great the atmosphere of it is, I love the tone and sense of believability.

Only strategy type game I ever got into playing. And yeah the tone and feeling I got while playing as a kid helped me get more into the series. Tried on PC for the first time early this year and had a great time.

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 06, 2019, 06:58:39 AM

If you follow AVPGalaxy's guide it doesn't take long to get it running, didn't knew much about how emulators worked and it was easier than I thought it would be.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The funny coincidence is that Alien³ was my first Alien movie. So yeah. The first game I played was Alien³ (SNES) and my personal  favorites are Monolith's AVP 2 & Alien Isolation. However, there are tons of games that I have not played; from the most arcade through AVP 2010 to Aliens Colonial Marines. This is because, I don't feel the same level of fanaticism (almost obsession) with games as with movies. I don't feel too much passion for the EU either.  :P

However, in the case of Star Wars; I like both: games and movies.

The Old One

The Old One

AVP 2010 is worth a look, as is in my opinion, AVP Extinction, Isolation, Infestation, AVP 2000, AVP 2 and perhaps Predator Concrete Jungle.

Immortan Jonesy

I've always been curious about AVP 2010. The visuals were reminiscent of Anderson's AVP. Concrete Jungle also has my attention, because from what I've seen in videos the story is set in the 20s or something. I dig it. There must be an interesting story and challenging game behind.

I've never played Infestation but I've played AVP 2000, AVP 2 and Isolation. I like strategy games, so it's a shame I haven't played AVP Extintion... and I have played many games of this particular genre
Spoiler
Age of Empires, Age of Empires ll, SW Galactic Battlegrounds + expantion (a mashup of Age 2 & Star Wars), Imperivm: Great Battles of Rome, Stronghold, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth, Starcraft + expantion, Warcraft 3, Command & Conquer Red Alert &Tiberium Wars, Empire Earth, Empire Earth 2, Rise of Nation, Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War + expantions, Dawn of War ll, Starcraft 2, Civilization IV and Star Wars Empire at War + expantion.
[close]

molasar

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 10, 2020, 02:03:27 AM
Concrete Jungle also has my attention, because from what I've seen in videos the story is set in the 20s or something.

The story is set in 1930 and CyberPunk-esque 2030.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed