Plasma Caster questions

Started by (Bad Blood), Aug 24, 2022, 11:17:37 AM

Author
Plasma Caster questions (Read 650 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone! So I was watching predator 2 the other night. I noticed that the plasma bolt that was fired from City Hunter seems like a physical non plasma projectile right before it's released from the barrel. Once it hits it's target it sparks alot but does not blow a hole out the other side like Jungle Hunter's did.                                       My question is, what is the ammo in the first place, is it plasma with a physical bullet and casing that explodes plasma on impact or is it literally a energy/ plasma shot with nothing but plasma leaving the weapon until it hits it's target? Could it also be that City Hunter uses a different type altogether? Thanks for the clarification in advance!

Huntsman

Huntsman

Pure energy is my understanding.

oduodu

oduodu

plasma only it seems to me.

i always wondered why plasma. and what is the defacto correct term for that weapon. i think its plasma caster. hence i am left with the impression that this device takes plasma (the 4th state of matter) and encapsulates it inside a layer of energy or magnetic field. once it hits its target and its resistance is so that it breakes the  magnetic field the plasma reacts to any matter it comes into contact with.

i dont know this for a fact nor i have i read it anywhere. just a hypothesis. a member more versed in the franchise might know the correct answer.

interesting question have always wondered about it myself.

fwiw plasma afaik is the 4th state of matter after gas liquids solids. it apparently is present in a sun where the pressure and heat is in very high amounts .

so where is energy stored for such a device to operate? guessing it might be the blood.  probably where the energy comes from for a nuclear explosion.

was it nuclear?

are the 2 guns different? not sure.

anyways my 2 cents.

SiL

SiL

It's a pure energy weapon, but for the sequel they used I think Roman candles for the effect in places rather than special effects.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Aug 24, 2022, 07:45:19 PMIt's a pure energy weapon, but for the sequel they used I think Roman candles for the effect in places rather than special effects.
Oh no kidding? Roman candles, interesting, it certainly seems accurate from what I was seeing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed