Vow

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 10, 2017, 10:27:42 PM
Quote from: Vow on Mar 10, 2017, 10:17:32 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 10, 2017, 06:10:22 PM
I'm ready!

For disappointment?

Hey Debbie, stop being a downer mmkay?

Lets wait until the game is actually out at least

Calling me a Debbie Downer implies that negativity and skepticism surrounding this game is unwarranted, when it's anything but.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

It doesn't imply that at all.
I'm calling you that because you're being negative about it before actually seeing anything from the game that isn't used as promotional material.

Vow

Vow

Isn't promotional material supposed to be good though? You know, show off the good parts of a game? Because they failed in that regard.

It's not like the game is going to undergo some kind of significant revision in less than two weeks before it launches.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I was really pumped for this but after all the pre-release footage I don't think I'll buy it straight away, but wait for reviews.  I'll pick it up at some point, though. 

Btw I think the first Mass Effect has the best soundtrack, I still listen to it often.

Gate

Gate

We're seeing a lot of contradicting visuals. It's just signs that they're lazily showing us different pieces of footage taken across the past development cycle. This isn't me making excuses for them, this is legitimately what they've said in the past. It's EA's business model, don't hold them all to it.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Vow on Mar 10, 2017, 10:17:32 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 10, 2017, 06:10:22 PM
I'm ready!

For disappointment?

Nope, for playing :P
Then any emotions will eventually rise, good, bad or neutral. But just for playing in the first place.

Quote from: Vow on Mar 10, 2017, 10:50:32 PM
Isn't promotional material supposed to be good though? You know, show off the good parts of a game? Because they failed in that regard.

It's not like the game is going to undergo some kind of significant revision in less than two weeks before it launches.

Because this:

this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHCA8tK117c&t=66s
and this:

was genuine material showing the best parts of the game perhaps?

It's just random shots that looks on their own very unimpressive.
I'm glad the story really hold to it though, you know, the whole picture.
Because I didn't see Grunt jump into a Thresher Maw mouth and explodes it with a shotgun like in the cinematic trailer.
The fight was even kinda lame, but I did learn why I did it, and I really liked the backstory of it.

It's also a way to not spoil anything, which is good when thinking about it.
Also it's a game, there's going to be lots of revisions just like for a movie.
It's part of the whole process. ::)

Sabby

Sabby

Ya nailed it.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 12, 2017, 03:21:21 PM

Ya nailed it.
Handing the gun over.

Sabby

Sabby

Really? Not watching any new trailers or gameplay, but I could buy this happening.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Gate

Gate

I refuse to believe, with the work done on DA:I, that the animations we've seen are final. If they are, boy this game is going to sink fast.

Deathbearer

Vow

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed