Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 421,676 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Galliruler on Mar 13, 2012, 01:23:19 AM
I've also noticed that the Geth Prime induce a stagger effect against the krogan when the krogan get revived. That damn gun of theirs...
lolgenophagegun.

Elliott

Elliott

I've won 3 Gold matches in a row...

I feel like a God.

EDIT; I c wat u did thar Sweeps! Huur.

Also, I wish that Asaris in multiplayer could form a protective bubble like Samara from Mass Effect 2's suicide mission.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, just finished the game.

Spoiler
That's it? Really, that's it?

Goddamn... what a disappointment. After putting hundreds upon hundreds of hours into these three games over the past five years, after all this buildup over choices having consequences on the ultimate fate of the galaxy, all these discussions on how the galaxy needed to be united, forces must be gathered, and decisions spanning over all three games adding up to a final conclusion... all for naught.

This was a Deus Ex ending. I mean that both in reference to the video game series and the latin phrase. God from the machine. Heh... I guess it's fitting, considering who the main enemies of the series are. It all boiled down to a final goddamn choice; destroy, control, conjoin.

I would be perfectly fine with this ending, actually, if they hadn't underscored countless times just how massive an effect your decisions would have. I was looking forward to multiple, radically different endings; from complete annihilation of the Reapers, to tragic defeat at their hands, and a whole myriad of conclusions inbetween. Now, I'm just left with this feeling that it had all been so... pointless. I could have gotten the same ending just rushing through, doings only the main missions, as I did being methodical and completing every assignment. And I completed every assignment. Every. Goddamn. One.

There was no closure to the series. It just sorta... ended. It didn't feel like a conclusion to this sci-fi epic. The ending proper felt like something better suited as an epilogue (in fact, it would've made a f**king great epilogue). And the actual epilogue was just... I don't even know.

I'm not mad at BioWare. I'm just very disappointed in them.
[close]

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 12, 2012, 04:05:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYLTbQQEZQ#

laugh the pain away ;-;

:laugh:

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Prime113 on Mar 12, 2012, 10:43:15 PM

I unlocked the Geth Plasma Shotgun a little while ago....DAMN!
Geth Plasma Shotgun + Turian Soldier's Marksman = fun!

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 13, 2012, 06:12:00 AM
Well, just finished the game.

Spoiler
That's it? Really, that's it?

Goddamn... what a disappointment. After putting hundreds upon hundreds of hours into these three games over the past five years, after all this buildup over choices having consequences on the ultimate fate of the galaxy, all these discussions on how the galaxy needed to be united, forces must be gathered, and decisions spanning over all three games adding up to a final conclusion... all for naught.

This was a Deus Ex ending. I mean that both in reference to the video game series and the latin phrase. God from the machine. Heh... I guess it's fitting, considering who the main enemies of the series are. It all boiled down to a final goddamn choice; destroy, control, conjoin.

I would be perfectly fine with this ending, actually, if they hadn't underscored countless times just how massive an effect your decisions would have. I was looking forward to multiple, radically different endings; from complete annihilation of the Reapers, to tragic defeat at their hands, and a whole myriad of conclusions inbetween. Now, I'm just left with this feeling that it had all been so... pointless. I could have gotten the same ending just rushing through, doings only the main missions, as I did being methodical and completing every assignment. And I completed every assignment. Every. Goddamn. One.

There was no closure to the series. It just sorta... ended. It didn't feel like a conclusion to this sci-fi epic. The ending proper felt like something better suited as an epilogue (in fact, it would've made a f**king great epilogue). And the actual epilogue was just... I don't even know.

I'm not mad at BioWare. I'm just very disappointed in them.
[close]

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 12, 2012, 04:05:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYLTbQQEZQ#

laugh the pain away ;-;

:laugh:

Spoiler
Now, since the Mass Relays were destroyed in every ending... and with the galaxy's whole armada at Earth...

That's a crowded ass planet.
[close]

scarhunter92

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

"It's not about the destination, but the journey."

Only if the destination doesn't completely invalidate the journey. It's like watching a gripping film and becoming invested with the characters...only for the director to walk on camera in the final scene, pull down his pants and mash his scrotum against the camera. Kind of ruins it.

And here's this gem I found on 4chan (contains ending spoilers, sort of):

MrLee

MrLee

^ oh no, i got spoilered part of the ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbTwm7noEM#ws

Effectz

Effectz

Question about Legion misson VI world.

Spoiler
When you are seeing the information on the Data clusters,Is it legion picking up the rifle to fire on the creator.Shepard says to him thats the same Rifle he legion uses and legion just deflects the question by saying ''it is an efficient design''So was he the first geth to rebel?
[close]

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Effectz on Mar 13, 2012, 05:04:06 PM
Question about Legion misson VI world.

Spoiler
When you are seeing the information on the Data clusters,Is it league picking up the rifle to fire on the creator.Shepard says to him thats the same Rifle he legion uses and legion just deflects the question by saying ''it is an efficient design''So was he the first geth to rebel?
[close]

Yeah, thats what I got out of it. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Elliott

Elliott

I got the mission for completing all multiplayer maps on Gold.

It was satisfying, especially since I did it with randoms and we didn't use our mics.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Here's a random question from a noob to distract from the ME3 talk...

Do the squad interactions get better in ME2 and 3, because in ME 1 they just suck.  AI teammates always get stuck, seldom follow orders, don't take cover when engaging enemies, and die frequently.  I find them almost useless unless you babysit them.

I really wish there was a little more control, like placing a sniper in the back and assaulting with your other teammate.

Squad controls are clunky.

Prime113

Prime113

Yeah, the AI definitely gets better throughout the series.

WinterActual

WinterActual

AI is very lame actually. I doubt 4 AI bots can manage to beat Gold challenge vs Reapers.

Prime113

Prime113

-_- Really, dude? Really?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed