Recent posts

Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 11:40:01 AMThe pyramids on LV-223 are most definitely older than 2000 years.

The carbon dater Elizabeth used showed how old the decapitated Engineer was at the time of death.

Quote2000 years, give or take

I mean, I was just taking the piss, but to answer that.. if the silos with a large skull on top of them (presumably signifying death) were producing goo to drop on whoever (as we assume humans had not yet pissed them off at the times they were visiting our ancient civilisations and pointing to the stars) then why point us there specifically? This is like us playing god, creating primitive Replicants and letting them develop on their own world, visiting and guiding them, but instead of showing them a map to say "we're from Earth", it's "heres our secret nuclear launch pads on Mars that we're currently using against the UPP, cool huh?" 🤣 I mean if the pyramids on LV-223 weren't specifically built to wipe out humanity, then why point us there at a time we are presumably friendly? 😂 (also, it is amusing that when the Prometheus lands it just happens to be in the right location "hey look, straight roads and several pyramids, where an outbreak just happened to happen 2 centuries ago, right in front of us" again; it's like Extra terrestrials landing on our moon, opening the door right in front of the American flag. 🤣 In 'Alien', Nostromo is homing in on the derelicts warning beacon... the Prometheus just apparently landed on the correct geographic location out of every possible location they could have chosen on an entire planet. 😅
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 12:00:39 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:04:36 AMEvery film's burster has looked different. It doesn't tell us anything other than the directors wanted something specific.

Still, Covenant one was a BIG departure in comparision to the other ones
The pyramids on LV-223 are most definitely older than 2000 years.

The carbon dater Elizabeth used showed how old the decapitated Engineer was at the time of death.

Quote2000 years, give or take
A bit more info on Scott's batshit version of Tristan and Iseult that was going to be a bizarre mashup of Heavy Metal, Star Wars, Conan and Laurence of Arabia with Japanese armour:

From 6:24 to 9:30

Last post by SiL - Today at 10:14:41 AM
It's not that it's unsolvable that's the issue; it's that it needs solving.
I mean, in fairness, there is the fact that all of the paintings point to LV-223's system and not their homeworld... at a time before the engineers decided to wipe us out, so presumably there'd be nothing there at the time they were doing so / no biological weapon facility. 🤣 Like "civilisations of Earth, here is a random uninhabitable planet... one day, if you piss us off, we *may* develop weapons there to wipe you out..just wanted to pre-emptively show you."

*Romans crucify Engineer Jesus*

Engineers: "Right, we warned the f**kers - didn't we tell them?" "Several times." "Right, build the goo factory" 😠

Engineer Jeff, (first week on job): "Sir, I dropped a vase." "Did you clean it up?" "Yes sir!" *holds up yellow mop* "Really!? Are you f**king shitting me!? Come here *opens folder and pulls out file* Is this your signature?? Cause this looks like your signature to say you watched and understood the training hologram on cross contamination." "Yes sir" "and what colour mop do we use in the head room??" "..." "..the BLUE mop!! How many f**king times Jeff!??" "My bad Sir..I'll..urgh..-ack!!" *clutches chest as Neomorph pops* "Here we f**king go... *picks up flute and sounds the alarm* trunk masks on, everyone." 🙄

~ 2 centuries later ~

Shaw: "it's an invitation!!!" 🤩
Last post by David Weyland - Today at 10:04:46 AM
At the end of the day think the variables in the species and the lifecycle adds depth.

For example, you could argue the Derelict's eggs were dormant for a long period of time so the metabolic reaction of the Face hugger's payload was  as a result slower, more sleepy in growing.

The only other long gestation in the franchise is Ripley's Queen in Alien 3. She had been in hypersleep so maybe a delay factor in that too.

Covenant's fast gestations can be explained as just a result of a very fresh creation that David made eggs without a Queen & harnessed direct from the pathogen with human dna so there was a more rapid reaction perhaps.
Anyway don't think it is an unfillable plot hole or an unsolvable contradiction
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:51:42 AM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Today at 03:18:16 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 01:16:51 AM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Today at 01:00:46 AMIt's almost as if Aliens is poorly written 80's action shlock, but with ground breaking special effects...
It's not poorly written at all.
Quote from: The Cruentus on Today at 01:11:25 AM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Yesterday at 10:26:37 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Yesterday at 11:59:04 AMThe whole plot's down to them being stuck on Acheron, if they had a logical operation with a custodian on the Sulaco or several, nothing's stopping them from just evacuating.

True, but if the Nostromo had more lifeboats, a lot more survivors would've made it off. Parker and Lambert would've lived. Mistakes and incompetence are a trademark of the universe by now.

Parker and Lambert didn't die because of there being limited life-boats. The shuttle had enough room for four people
Ripley explicitly says it can't take 4. Even 3 is pushing capacity, hence needing the coolant.

None of that coolant Parker and Lambert were collecting made it onto the lifeboat, so how did Ripley survive for 57 years?
Another Aliens writing blunder.

I think you should rewatch the movie lol
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:11:59 AM
Any movie is shit if you let it.

Quote from: Neila on Today at 08:36:07 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2024, 02:09:55 AM
Quote from: Darkness on May 13, 2024, 06:24:15 PMI definitely want a big hardback that contains all his work.
That would be amazing, but also ridiculously thick. I've got about six of his books and couldn't imagine them so condensed.
I saw that there is a summary of Necronomicon 1 and 2.
However, in the pictures this entire work looked pretty thin.
Now I'm wondering if it's just an excerpt from both works, not the entire pictures. Unfortunately there is nothing concrete in the description.
Do you have these books too?
I have both, and those combined wouldn't be too bad at all.

I think HRGiger.com is the thickest book in the collection, and I'd say it's about the size of the Necronomicons combined. Maybe a bit thicker, I'd have to check.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed