Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 03:58:13 PM
Just checked out of curiosity, I've been here since March 2012. Damn.
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by Wysps - Today at 03:41:10 PM
I thought Feral was an interesting departure, but I wouldn't want to see something like that again, just like I wouldn't want to see the Predators predators again. 
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 03:40:48 PM
Like I said earlier, I definitely don't want every Predator to look/act like Feral. That'd be bad both for Feral as an individual, and the presentation of the race as a whole. So I do hope that Badlands shakes things up from what Prey gave us. But not in a "course correction" sort of way. More so in a "here's another individual" sort of way.

Honestly, forums/fan groups like this are the only places I've really seen people complaining about his look, anyways. With the broader audience at large, based on what I've seen in general on the internet (where the film seems to have been a massive success with a wide audience), people seem very hot on Feral (no, not like that! Well... I'm sure some people are hot on him like that but, that is not the point I was making!).
I think Giger might have picked this idea up from Chris Foss with whom he worked on Dune and Alien. Foss had a narrow gauge railway in his backyard with which he was obsessed. Giger naturally put his own spin on his version:

https://twitter.com/psychotronica_/status/1767218273773330599
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1786056345193468166?t=ZvsTAJsOlLtswp1Co-2RKQ

Kristen Stewart, Oscar Isaac to Star in Vampire Thriller 'Flesh of the Gods' for 'Mandy' Filmmaker
Adam McKay is among the producers of the feature that will be selling at the Cannes Film Market.

QuoteKristen Stewart and Oscar Isaac are set to star in Flesh of the Gods, a vampire thriller to be directed by Panos Cosmatos, the filmmaker best known for his hallucinatory 2018 horror movie Mandy.

Adam McKay is producing this new feature along with Betsy Koch via the duo's Hyperobject Industries production company. Isaac is also producing via his partner Gena Konstantinakos via their banner Mad Gene Media.

CAA and WME will handle domestic rights sales with XYZ Films handling international sales at this year's Marché du Film at Cannes.

Written by Andrew Kevin Walker, best known as the screenwriter behind 1990s classic Se7en, and based on a story by Cosmatos and Walker, Flesh is set in Los Angeles during the glittering 1980s.

Per the producers, the story follows a married couple, Raoul (Isaac) and Alex (Stewart), who descend each evening from their luxury skyscraper condo and head into an electric nighttime realm of 80's LA. When they cross paths with the mysterious and enigmatic woman and her hard-partying cabal, Raoul and Alex are seduced into a glamorous, surrealistic world of hedonism, thrills, and violence.

"Like Los Angeles itself Flesh of the Gods inhabits the liminal realm between fantasy and nightmare," said Cosmatos in a statement. "Both propulsive and hypnotic, Flesh will take you on a hot rod joy ride deep into the glittering heart of hell."

The producers hope to begin shooting later this year.

"We think it's wildly commercial and wildly artful," hyped McKay in a statement. "Our ambitions are to make a movie that ripples through popular culture, fashion, music, and film."

Flesh marks the third collaboration between Cosmatos and XYZ. In addition to Mandy, the two parties also have Nekrokosm in development with A24.

Stewart last starred in crime thriller Love Lies Bleeding, directed by Rose Glass, which was released earlier this year by A24.

Isaac launched Mad Gene Media with his wife, writer and director Elvira Lind, in 2019. The first project under their banner, The Letter Room, was a short film written and directed by Lind and starred Isaac. It received a nomination at the 2021 Academy Awards. The actor last appeared on screen as the lead in Marvel's Moon Knight series.

Isaac is repped by WME and Goodman, Genow while Stewart is repped by WME and McKuin Frankel. Cosmatos is repped by CAA and Weintraub Tobin and Walker is repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Ziffren Brittenham.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/kristen-stewart-oscar-isaac-vampire-thriller-flesh-of-the-gods-1235888602/
Recreational Area / Re: The 'last thing you bought...
Last post by Darkness - Today at 03:36:15 PM
It was quite cheap actually. Only £275. Was originally going to get a 4060 brand new for £300 but a 3070 still offers more performance. Did seriously consider getting a 4070 Super but £650 - I'm never going to recoup the cost.
I wasn't really aware of any steelbooks for any of the previous films tbh.

I'm note a mega steelbook fan that goes out of my way to get them. But a lot of them have good artwork and feel nice to have, so I do like to get them here and there if it looks nice.

I do have the Prey steelbook, which I quite like.

Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by Master Chief - Today at 03:30:30 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Today at 02:48:39 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Today at 02:23:11 PMJoined AvPG on May 2, 2007.  Still loving this site!  8)

Did you join because of AvP Requiem?
haha No. I was looking for like-minded fans and news on upcoming projects after separating from the military and found this site. I was also a member at AlienExperience, but wasn't as active as I am here. ;)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 03:21:24 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Today at 02:23:11 PMJoined AvPG on May 2, 2007.  Still loving this site!  8)

Happy AvPG-iversary!
Thanks, Corporal!
Last post by Kradan - Today at 03:27:04 PM
Don't listen to them, Dan. Feral was OK
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed