First Prometheus Bluray Details

Started by ikarop, Jul 04, 2012, 05:13:59 AM

Author
First Prometheus Bluray Details (Read 75,803 times)

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 29, 2012, 02:13:29 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on Aug 29, 2012, 07:41:48 AM
So maybe I will not able be able to watch it in 3D in the next few years but on that day I that get a 3D screen I'll be happy to already have Prometheus in 3D standing on my shelve.

That's a good way to go, Lars. The 3D combo isn't that much more expensive. When Tron: Legacy came out, I bought the 3D combo 'cause I knew I'd upgrade eventually. And now next week, in advance of Prometheus, I'm gonna be buying my first 3Dtv... and I'll have Tron to watch immediately and make sure everything is calibrated correctly!  :)

[EDIT: I should say I'm not talking necessarily about the 'Prom to Alien' box, here... anybody who already has the Alien Anthology set and buys that box is MENTAL!  :D]

My sadly lost my Alien Anthology set around February. Me and a couple of friends had planned on sitting and pulling an all-nighter and watching the four films. We decided on the way to get out of the taxi and order take-away - a nice big munch of burgers, and fries, and all over kinds of fatty goodness! When we were being served a gang came in and started shit; we were forced to run, leaving behind our food and the box set. We were in a bad area, so there was no waiting around to get our food and make sure I had all my belongings - it was basically just run and hope you're faster than the gang.

Sadly, we never were able to watch the 4 Alien films on Blu-Ray that night - we had to resort to the DVD's.

So...I will be buying this Prometheus to Alien set... but otherwise, I wouldn't have been coughing up another chunk of money for something I already own just because it has awesome artwork. It would be extremely pointless.

On another note, I hope we get a few clips for the Deleted Scenes released online soon - sort of like what they've been doing with The Avengers.

Virgil

Virgil

Good point. I'd imagine in the next couple of weeks we'll be seeing some kind of Viral/Advertisement regarding the DVD/Blu ray/3D super spectacular youalreadyownthesefilmsbutyoullnodoubtbuythemagainLOLyouownalienresurrectionfourtimesnow box set.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 24, 2012, 04:06:07 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2012, 02:29:32 PM
Nah, never got around to getting the Anthology
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 24, 2012, 02:32:03 PM
I don't have the Anthology set either.

It's a shame the extras for Alien aren't on it's standalone Bluray, cos I never wanted the sequels.

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Aug 25, 2012, 11:43:41 AM
I am totally jazzed about this new box set. My last Alien box-set was pretty awesome, but it only had one shit movie in it. This new Alien box-set has two shit movies in it! It's a must buy.

Aliens and Alien Resurrection. Yeah.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Gash on Aug 29, 2012, 10:10:58 PM
It's a shame the extras for Alien aren't on it's standalone Bluray, cos I never wanted the sequels.
Quote from: Gash on Aug 29, 2012, 10:10:58 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Aug 25, 2012, 11:43:41 AM
I am totally jazzed about this new box set. My last Alien box-set was pretty awesome, but it only had one shit movie in it. This new Alien box-set has two shit movies in it! It's a must buy.

Aliens and Alien Resurrection. Yeah.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 24, 2012, 04:06:07 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2012, 02:29:32 PM
Nah, never got around to getting the Anthology
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 24, 2012, 02:32:03 PM
I don't have the Anthology set either.

I own NONE of the Alien films.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Highland

Highland

Quote from: LarsVader on Aug 29, 2012, 07:41:48 AM
I don't have a bluray player nor do I have a flat-screen TV,
but I am considering to buy the anthology/3D combo because these movies are of somewhat importance to me and the day will come probably sooner then later when we will all have a 3D-TV standing in our living rooms.
And I don't wanna buy it all over again then.
So maybe I will not able be able to watch it in 3D in the next few years but on that day I that get a 3D screen I'll be happy to already have Prometheus in 3D standing on my shelve.

That string of thought does not go for every movie I am going to buy,
I am happy with cheap secondhand DVDs from amazon marketplace,
but in case of Prometheus or the Alien movies it's different.

Seriously, as a bit of a techno geek, I'd spend the extra money from a 3D TV to just get a better quality regular Plasma/LED. Catalog wise, 3D movie's only occupy about 1% of releases and it'll probably stay like that forever. 

Clunky glasses, viewing angels and distances, overpriced disks. Plus regular TV will for the most part remain in 2D.

3D is ok as a gimmick to sell some extra tickets.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I was pretty ambivalent about 3D until I saw Prometheus, which was impressive enough, technically, to get me on board. Plus, 3D gaming appeals to me.

3D definitely is the future, but you're right in other regards - the conservative buyer should wait until we have no-glasses 3D (it's definitely coming). But in the meantime, I'm going downtown to buy a 3Dtv today!  ;D

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 30, 2012, 10:25:57 AM
I was pretty ambivalent about 3D until I saw Prometheus, which was impressive enough, technically, to get me on board. Plus, 3D gaming appeals to me.

3D definitely is the future, but you're right in other regards - the conservative buyer should wait until we have no-glasses 3D (it's definitely coming). But in the meantime, I'm going downtown to buy a 3Dtv today!  ;D

Coincidentally, I saw Avatar in local, newly digitalised cinema few days before Prometheus.. Prometheus thus set a 3D standard for me. Beautiful, plastic visuals.

Vickers

Vickers

Meh, I've never been impressed by 3D.  The "3D" in Avatar was subtle and "cool" but not long after I left the cinema, I had already forgotten what was in "3D" and what wasn't.

3D adds nothing of value to a film, at least for me.  I've been mesmerised by 2D films for years.

If a film is bad, it's bad - regardless of being in 3D or not.  The same goes for a film which is brilliant.

Look around you, that's 3D.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Aug 30, 2012, 12:50:54 PMIf a film is bad, it's bad - regardless of being in 3D or not.  The same goes for a film which is brilliant.

Did anybody say that this is not so?

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Aug 30, 2012, 12:50:54 PMLook around you, that's 3D.

Wow.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 30, 2012, 01:25:17 PM
Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Aug 30, 2012, 12:50:54 PMIf a film is bad, it's bad - regardless of being in 3D or not.  The same goes for a film which is brilliant.

Did anybody say that this is not so?

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Aug 30, 2012, 12:50:54 PMLook around you, that's 3D.

Wow.

It was more of a general statement since the topic of 3D was brought up.  It wasn't directed specifically at you.  And, yes, there are people who believe that 3D adds to a film.

I'm not attacking anyone.  Relax.  Just merely commenting on a topic that was brought up.

Highland

Highland

I'd agree that 3D when it fills your field of vision on a 50 foot screen is impressive. When it's on a 50 inch TV that your sitting 8 feet away from, it's gimmicky as hell. Surround sound is a better way to immerse yourself into a movie.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Highland on Aug 30, 2012, 05:42:12 PM

I'd agree that 3D when it fills your field of vision on a 50 foot screen is impressive. When it's on a 50 inch TV that your sitting 8 feet away from, it's gimmicky as hell. Surround sound is a better way to immerse yourself into a movie.

You know Highland, that's a very effective reality-check right there. I'll confess straight away that I've not yet seen 3D on a television screen. Of course I'll be scrutinizing all the models very closely before I buy (I didn't go out today after all - last day of vacation and I want to sit on my ass), but I've been assuming all along that since Prometheus was great in 3D in the cinema, it would therefore be great in 3D in the home. Your post has encouraged me to throw that assumption aside until I see the goods for myself.

However, with Creature from the Black Lagoon and (the original) House of Wax coming out soon (not to mention 3D gaming), I'm still on the 'gonna buy it' side of the fence, unless my showroom experience completely sucks...  :)

SM

SM

There simply isn't the content for me to even remotely consider a 3DTV.  You show the demo reels they have in showrooms, and they look nice all hi def, with stuff actually coming out of the screen.  But most of the recent 3D films don't have that, and beyond the odd bit of 3D sports coverage, what else is there?  When there's no glasses and content, I might begin to consider it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed