Predators Script Article

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 09, 2009, 10:37:43 PM

Author
Predators Script Article (Read 26,272 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 10, 2009, 05:12:18 PM
Whoever's in charge literally read this version and thought it would be fantastic to give a full budget for and see on screen.

But, that would mean were about to see the worst movie in the history of mankind.....

Is that possible?

Well look on the bright side, if they do go through with this retarded concept, I won't be wasting my time, money and energy on another franchise snuff film. Fox fooled me with AVP-R, it's not gonna happen again. It's going to take more than just a cool looking trailer to get me to see this movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on May 10, 2009, 11:54:33 AM
I think you're all over reacting. The script itself is probably not half as bad as the write up. I like the idea of the military trading humans for technology, or just to be left alone.

How do you misinterpret "Spanish Galleon with Predators"? How is this not a total suckfest to you?

Pelax

Pelax

Exactly -

shit remains shit even with a cherry on the top.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I've said it before and I will say it again, Robert Rodriguez is better off sticking to directing the Spy Kids films... because thats the only thing he's good for.

Hearing that he was going to do Predator years ago, seriously, seriously, has pissed me off. And hearing this resurface once more has only rekindled my hatred and anger for the man and upon hearing the horrors which numerous members here have told via word of internet, has left me seriously on considering leaving the fandom.

And I would hate to do that because I love the Alien-Predator films and fandom.

If Rodriguez actually does this film... it will signify the death of the Predator franchise and the Predator himself will end up being the butt of many jokes.

-Rakai'Thwei

Danger Close

Danger Close

That was a truely terrible script.

I don't even know what else to say.

Cetanu

Cetanu

I like the idea of training on another planet and the elite Predators. Just...the script was written badly.  :-X

Silence, beasties! You're overreacting. :P

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Yeah, I see this film being alot like Highlander 2: The Quickening and Highlander: The Source-- it happened, but it'll later on end up being not at all canon with the previous stories. I've just read up on the article yet again provided by Hicks, and I see MASSIVE contradictions with the previous films, including the AvP films.

I just don't see a trading faction between both humans and Predators. I don't believe it would happen at all whatsoever because WHY would Predators want to have anything to do with us humans aside hunting us for honor and recognition in their own society?

Not to mention that Wolf Predator was trying to prevent any evidence of Xenomorph or Predator presence in Gunnison, Colorado-- heavily implies that Predators DO NOT want humans getting their hands on technology which rightfully isn't theres to begin with. The same thing could be said about Ghost Predator in Predator 2, when Keyes and Garber was attempting to capture him and take his technology.

And the need for translators? What the fu... No... Yautja/Predators have shown to speak English rather quite well and pick up on it heavily, implying that they are incredibly fast learners.

Rodriguez HASN'T done his homework, and the script goes onto show that he was either really high, bored or out to destroy what is a great franchise.

-Rakai'Thwei

happypred

happypred

Is this the same Dutch from P1? Why is there interplanetary travel, muskets, and a guy from the 80's all in one script...

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Arnold Schwarzenegger is the only person who can play Dutch, thats a fact of life right then and there. Hell, I doubt even Roland Kickenger can play Dutch despite the fact that the man is being the new T-800 for the Terminator Salvation film.

And if Dutch is going to be in this movie, Arnold CAN'T be Dutch... I mean look at him. He's old. He's fat... He's not in his prime anymore. I mean Arnold's got rolls now!

-Rakai'Thwei

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: happypred on May 13, 2009, 01:10:26 AM
Is this the same Dutch from P1? Why is there interplanetary travel, muskets, and a guy from the 80's all in one script...

I think it's assumed anyway. There's no other character by that name in Predator.

jordan

jordan

The trading tech for humans angle is bullshit.  Since when do Predators need to buy us?  They could just abduct humans untill they're blue in the face.

walterf

walterf

Not a big fan of the script. There are a handful of ideas I find interesting, but I don't dig it.

One thing that makes the Pred so cool is how he is portrayed. Mysterious, bad ass hunter. You're not supposed to see him alot, etc. I think stuff like showing the training ground and all of this sh-t just reveals too much and humanizes them too much. I don't want to see Predators in relationships or training or hanging out or anything. This is the same gripe I have with some of the AVP comics ... I don't want to feel like I'm a member aboard a Pred ship. The very appeal of the Predator is that he is a stealthy, scary, bad ass hunter. I just fear that having a movie take place in a Predator setting is just giving too much away and changes the whole dynamic way too far from what attracted fans to the Predator in the first place.

It's hard because, for a movie to be interesting, there should be some revelations and we should view some things we haven't viewed before, but this is too much. Another thing I dislike is the whole humans using cloaking and Predtech ... they did this in some comics and video games too and it always annoyed me. The Pred should be outlandish, using things more advanced than us. It's characteristics are what makes it so cool, if you have humans runnin around using all the Predtech, it becomes too commonplace and takes away the "specialness" of it all.

I don't mind seeing a few scenes in a Pred ship or a few clips revealing some more of the Predator homeworld, but I really think the dynamic needs to be a Pred or several Preds hunting, silently, killing ... in a mysterious way hidden most of the time and systematically doin big time damage. They can have humans be a little more knowledgable and succeed in setting up traps and so on, but the fight should not look anywhere near even and humans should not be running around cloaked.

SM

SM

QuoteI've said it before and I will say it again, Robert Rodriguez is better off sticking to directing the Spy Kids films... because thats the only thing he's good for.

Perhaps watch more RR flicks before you say it again.

predator55

predator55

I waas just reading the characters in the P3 script! Jack carver..isnt he the dude in xbox game farcry? lol cool! Is it going to be the same dutch out of P1? Is Arnold going to make an appearance in it? I heard rumours he may be? looking forward to hearing more about it..awsome ;D

Wolf Assassin

Wolf Assassin

Well, this is a good way to shoot a movie down the pisser. You either A.) think the director was high on maybe drain-o or B.) He totally wants to say F* it all and piss his entire career away by making such a horrid movie. Horrible movies I can think of is American Haunting, Bogeyman, I'm sure theres a few others but I'm too tired to think of what.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed