Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 436,575 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

My reasons for joining the military didn't have anything to do with anything that was said on the civilian side.  And to be honest, even though I'm no huge fan of Obamas my beef isn't with his foreign policy concerning terrorism and the US.  He's going to where the bad guys are and is getting soldiers in place to deny them operations and safe havens in those countries.

My point was that people are war weary but didn't look at the best candidates for actually ending the wars.  Instead they made it a republican vs democratic dick swinging contest the same way they always do when it shouldn't be.  If the best candidate is a democrat and your a die hard republican but you KNOW the best candidate is a democrat..........don't vote republican just cause.

There are threats to every countries national sovereignty.  I'm sure to somebody's USA is number one on the watch out for these guys list and their military conducts drills where the enemy soldiers are speaking English and attempting to use battle drill one alpha on them.

Al Qaeda is a legitimate and dangerous entity to every western country.  People like the truthers don't want you to think so because they still consider guys in tanks with close air support to be true enemies.  Not a guy who can daisy chain several 155mm shells and wipe out a convoy.  Just because they fight unconventionally doesn't mean they are not a threat.  Dudes have dabbled with the bubonic plague, chlorine, and various other potential mass casualty producing weapons.

Iraq is shady I'll admit, but you also have to remember that the massive troop buildiup occurred after 9/11/2001.  The guys that were sent to Iraq in 2003 were committed at that point to a war they didn't know they were going to fight. 

The unit I'm with now went to Iraq in 2005 and they were still getting briefings on what to do should they run into a WMD.  One could argue it was an elaborate ruse by the administration, or a huge f**kup if they were still trying to keep it up two years after the fact.  I know that I've read where some more elite units spend pretty much their whole first deployments looking for the WMDs and doing nothing else.

Its also interesting to note that the US didn't win an oil contract till 2011 if I remember right.  I think we have two or three now.  That's after a shitload of European countries and China were awarded theirs first.

I've heard numerous theories as to why this might be the case.  They either knew about the fracking revolution that was about to occur in the USA and decided to back off for press purposes.  They actually made more money off being corporations like Halliburton selling the military all its nonessential supplies.............or it was a legitimate f**kup.  I never was over in Iraq so I can't say.

I won't deny that the military has a great potential to be misused, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you were are all beating our dicks thinking about how many women we are going to rape, how many men we are going to behead, and how many children we are going to shoot either. 

The truth usually lies somewhere inbetween.  Soldiers are just like everyone else with training on how to kill.  I've never had to use my kill training for anything other than simulation. 

LOL if you don't think the massive defense spending in the cold war on the US military had nothing to do with Russia trying to emulate it and then crashing under its own weight when the spending became impossible to keep up with.

Also lol at a bunch of scientist manning silos or flying bombers to drop nuclear weapons.  Really guy.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

We obviously have different views on what the main deterrent was.

I'm not saying (During the cold war) that scientists would man bombers, I just don't think the army should be as under pressure as it is or so overblown.

And personally when I hear about new recruits being made run laps until they are sick and keep going, that is what concerns me.

Well, the wars in the middle east is something else entirely. As far as I'm concerned all of those wars were repeats of Vietnam.
I feel like those wars were mostly misguided, that if you had to invade anywhere it should've been Saudi Arabia.

AliceApocalypse

Bin Laden bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.  In 2001 Bin Laden attacked us on our own soil.  Benghazi had nothing to do with a video.  The Boston Marathon was an ugly reminder of what we are up against.  Every soldier who sacrifices their lives, limbs, lively hood is a tragedy.  This tragedy could be prevented how?  Without containment who is going to stop the next attack on the innocent? 

This why countries maintain a military, and why we respect and honor our troops.   

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

This "tragedy" would've never occurred had America not built up their army to a ridculous degree so that Bin Laden felt it was stepping on his toes.

I respect people who's intent is to go and seek out injustice and put an end to that, but considering the western world's own set of flaws especially America's in it's values, have no right to be the conduit through which this happens.
And as we've seen with Vietnam and the Gulf War you can't force it on people or they will reject you.

This to me is why soldiers today, die for nothing and I will not support that no-matter how justified you or anyone else thinks it is.
The last deaths that were justified from a military perspective was those of Nazi Soldiers/officals in WW2.

AliceApocalypse

No, He declared Jihad on the west in1993.  I remember the news reports and discussions in school wondering, what is a Jihad?  The internet was much different in 1993 than it is today.

China and Russia have always had military strength comparable to ours.  This wasn't military, it was psychosis.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 15, 2014, 12:42:56 PM
We obviously have different views on what the main deterrent was.

The main deterrent was mutually assured destruction.  But wars are always going to go conventional before they go nuclear.  Having one huge ass technologically advanced standing military was a deterrent for going to war conventionally, and so they wouldn't be left in the dust technologically they spent just as much on researching and developing new hardware as we did.  Does no good to field WWII era planes against cold war era jets.  They had to keep up in the arms race.

And personally when I hear about new recruits being made run laps until they are sick and keep going, that is what concerns me.

Running till your sick is literally the easiest thing you will ever do in the military.

I'd rather do that then take a defensive posture in the burning ass sun with you weapon trained in one area for hours upon hours because you think your about to get hit.  12 hrs in one position without the ability to move around or even take a leak.  That physical training is to get you used to combat situations where your body is going to be forced into uncomfortable positions.

There are lots of civilians that don't like this.  There are also lots of civilians who have never been in life threatening situations.  All that redundant training becomes pretty nice when you think a truckload of Al-Shabaab are going to stop by your camp with VBIEDs and AK wielding hit squads.

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 15, 2014, 01:23:12 PM
This "tragedy" would've never occurred had America not built up their army to a ridculous degree so that Bin Laden felt it was stepping on his toes.

I respect people who's intent is to go and seek out injustice and put an end to that, but considering the western world's own set of flaws especially America's in it's values, have no right to be the conduit through which this happens.
And as we've seen with Vietnam and the Gulf War you can't force it on people or they will reject you.

This to me is why soldiers today, die for nothing and I will not support that no-matter how justified you or anyone else thinks it is.
The last deaths that were justified from a military perspective was those of Nazi Soldiers/officals in WW2.

The Army was downsized when Osama declared his holy war on the US, it was nowhere near the size it is after he actually sent the first strike over.  In times of non war the military downsizes its force to save on department of defense spending.

America didn't invade one of the poorest countries on the planet to spread American imperialism, they invaded it to stop a sworn enemy of the United States in Al Qaeda.  The Taliban just got in the way when they wouldn't stop protecting him.

Its never a simple black and white.  Just look at WWII when Russia was an ally.  The Cold War where they were are most feared enemy.  During the cold war the Mujhadeen were an ally against Russia for invading Afghanistan, and then elements of the Muj being the primary enemy we face today.

Its a complicated world we live in, not a simple black and white one.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

You're completely right, consider my mind changed.

I was blinded by a past hatred of what I personally experienced from the military.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Good.

Now I have some war mongering to do.

Hide yo women, hide yo kids.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Climbing in dem windows?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

When a ground level breach is not available........sometimes.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 15, 2014, 07:22:09 PM
When a ground level breach is not available........sometimes.

That makes me curious, what's the most realistic depiction of military combat you've seen? I movies, games etc

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

You'd need to speak to RagingDragon about that my man.  He's a combat veteran Army Ranger.  Way more highspeed than I am.

I'm just a regular old deployed veteran to a combat zone minus the combat.  Everthing that almost happened was a cultural difference between our countries or some type of crazy bizarre accident.  We once thought we were being shot at by a dishka when in reality one of the pararescue choppers had a weapons malfunction and strafed the area we were working, and French EOD blew up some explosives right behind us without telling us and we thought we were being mortared.  That kind of stuff.

Military life in garrison and ramping up for combat I found Jarhead to be pretty similar.  As well as Generation Kill (though Recon Marines are again highspeed guys there military structure and the way they were ran reminded me of my own situation).  I've heard WWII veterans say that both Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers was pretty accurate but again I can't say yay or nay because I haven't done anything.

Nothing really happened to where I deployed too until after I left.  1stID had some guys on a regional QRF get shot up when they tried to land.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

That reminds me of Spec Ops The Line, misunderstandings leading to disaster, soldiers from the same nation fighting each other.

ON TOPIC
Curious facts about yourself: I wear maskcara and I'm extremely girly in appearance.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I masturbate frequently and frantically to the images the1perfectorganism sends me. The1perfectorgasm if you ask me.

Aspie

Aspie

do u like is mascara

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed