1979 Kenner ALIEN Viewer Footage

Started by windebieste, Nov 08, 2016, 10:28:31 AM

Author
1979 Kenner ALIEN Viewer Footage (Read 2,193 times)

windebieste

This has been posted for a while on YouTube now.  It's the complete 1:11 footage of the footage featured inside the Kenner Products movie viewer released in 1979:

I know there are people here who like to assemble custom cuts of the movie so I was wondering if someone here could recreate (effectively restoring) this footage.  That would be awesome if it's possible. 

Of course, to complete such an attempt you'll need the Kenner toy line logo.  Fortunately, I have one that should adequately serve this purpose:

The image is only 800x800, but it's the best you'll find. 

Have fun!  Looking forward to seeing your efforts!

-Windebieste.

windebieste

ha ha... nice.  I should've known you'd be the one to pounce on this.  Thanks. 

-Windebieste.

SiL

SiL

Boo, it's not in the original 4:3 framing!

windebieste

Here's an updated version of the title image.  I've mirrored the head and added some text.  I don't know the name of the font they used for the viewer - I don't think it was custom - I'm sure I've seen it before.  It's not standard to other fonts used on 'ALIEN'.  I'll replace if I ever find out.  Right now, it's using a squeezed version of Arial Black (bold). 

-Windebieste.

windebieste

Nice.  How many revisions is that now?  4 or 5? 

I guess you've had a lot of fun on this little Project.  Thanks for all the work.  Appreciated.   ;)

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Plenty.Been trying to perfect it.I want to get it frame accurate but  its tough because of the poor quality of the source.

windebieste

Hey, you pulled it from YouTube.  Man.  So disappointed. 

I was going to use that item for a good cause - and credit you.  Can you repost? 

Thank you! ;)

-Windebieste.

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, terrific!  Thank you so much.   :)

-Windebieste.

Hear ya go.  Thanks for making this!

Elmazalman

You're welcome and good luck with the book!

g2vd

g2vd

WHO and why would anyone think that would be a successful toy-line? :laugh:

windebieste

Quote from: g2vd on Dec 12, 2016, 02:08:27 AM
WHO and why would anyone think that would be a successful toy-line? :laugh:

That's actually a very interesting question - and I'm glad you asked.   The answer is a lengthy one due to the multiple influences exerting themselves upon Kenner products during the mid to late 1970's. 

Answering that question is one of the components of my upcoming book. 

"At over 200 pages, the book is an extensive volume covering every facet regarding the figure you could want to know about.  Among other things, you will find full documentation of the figure's notorious history..."

You can read more about it here.

Check it out.   ;)

-Windebieste

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed