You spin me right round baby!!!

Started by Meathead320, Aug 14, 2007, 06:17:18 PM

Author
You spin me right round baby!!! (Read 1,844 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/mov_qtvr/7198-QTVR.mov

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/mov_qtvr/2905-QTVR.mov

BUT I HAVE THIS: (only 4 exist and it is to the same scale/paint/etc... as the above bust, its the whole thing however)

;D

War Wager

War Wager

Wow, they're some nice looking satues!  8) Must get that Dog Alien!!!  :o

Meathead320

Quote from: War Wager on Aug 14, 2007, 06:48:22 PM
Wow, they're some nice looking satues!  8) Must get that Dog Alien!!!  :o

The Queen Bust (and Maquette) is actually closer to 1/5th scale than 1/4th, and the Dog ALien is 1/3rd scale, even though it says 1/4th as well.

Small detail, but i am picky about the strangest stuff.

Tarog

Tarog

How big is that Alien Queen of yours

Meathead320

Quote from: Tarog on Sep 05, 2007, 04:38:04 PM

To the exact same scale as the SideShow Bust, total height is 42" length is 48"

The upper body actually is in the same possition as the SS bust. The thing is the same, besides mine being the whole body, and not a mere bust.

LukaKovach

Quote from: Meathead320 on Sep 05, 2007, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: Tarog on Sep 05, 2007, 04:38:04 PM

To the exact same scale as the SideShow Bust, total height is 42" length is 48"

The upper body actually is in the same possition as the SS bust. The thing is the same, besides mine being the whole body, and not a mere bust.

Hugeness  :o

Demonio Cazador

Hey Meathead,
I've always been curious about that Queen Statue, how come only 4 were created?
I've only seen it once on another forum and I lways tought it was a custom.
Did Sideshow officially released only 4 then?

Meathead320

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Sep 07, 2007, 03:27:30 PM
Hey Meathead,
I've always been curious about that Queen Statue, how come only 4 were created?
I've only seen it once on another forum and I lways tought it was a custom.
Did Sideshow officially released only 4 then?

The maker of it wishes to be anonymous.

I am not at liberty to give details of its creation.

Demonio Cazador

Oh that's fine...no problem,
I just was curious, so it's a custom then...cool!!

Does anybody here own the Palisades Signature Queen?
Does it look in scale with the 1/6 figures?

Meathead320

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Sep 10, 2007, 05:34:57 AM
Oh that's fine...no problem,
I just was curious, so it's a custom then...cool!!

Does anybody here own the Palisades Signature Queen?
Does it look in scale with the 1/6 figures?

It is a custom, one of the best, biggest, and most accurate ever made too. I know that no more than 4 of them exist, possibly only 3, or at least only 3 that I know of.

Everything else about it is tight lipped.

I do have one of the Palisades Signature series Queens as well. I actually customized it, to be more accurate compared to the ¼ Queen (which I would never customize as it is perfect as is).

The Palisades signature series Queen is a little smaller than 1/6 th in my opinion, more like 1/9th, but it is still 19 inches tall. The spikes on its back were in the wrong arrangement too, and the spikes themselves were designed slightly wrong. I had to dremel new holes for them, and fill the old ones with apoxi-sculpt. I also had to break apart the spikes, and move the plates that connect to them around, cut off the attachment ends, and then put them in the new holes. Then match paint with a high gloss enamel paint. The result is a much more accurate 1/9th scale Queen.

I do like the Palisades Queen, and it is worth the money, IMHO, if you can find one. About 95% accurate, and it is bigger than say, the McFarlane Queen, so it is big enough for most displays. Palisades made her accurate enough, that you could show a friend A2 movie, and then show them the statue, and none of them would be able to pick out any flaws. I only found a few, and I am picky, and hairsplitting as all hell, and I still think it is pretty accurate. I would give it a 8 out of 10 on quality before I made a few custom changes, and 9 of 10 after.

The palisades Queen statue is more accurate compared to the actual A2 Queen than the Queen in AVP was, I will put it like that.

The official Winston A2 Queen, fully assembled, standing with her torso at about a 60 degree angle, almost upright, is 16 foot tall, or 192 inches.

Technically, if we want to split hairs, the 1/4th Queen Maquette custom (and the busts from SideShow being it's the same upper body) is about 1/4.25 th scale. It is just rounded to 1/4th scale when people talk about it.

The SideShow A3 Dog Alien is actually 1/3rd scale, so if you buy one it will be a bit bigger than you expect if you are thinking it is only 1/4.

I am overly picky, and likely will have a heart attack if I do not just learn to let some things go.

Now go get a Palisades Queen statue if can find one.

If you want to customize it the way I did, I can draw up some sketches of what to do in another thread I will make just for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed