Beautiful People: is AVP becoming too Hollywood?

Started by The Unknown, Sep 22, 2007, 09:26:55 PM

Author
Beautiful People: is AVP becoming too Hollywood? (Read 4,039 times)

Dusk

I think what's most important is that people have to realize that it's the year 2007. Nowadays we have more hotties or regular good looking people around than 30 years ago.

Noir-Gojira

We have more people period.

SiL

Quote from: Dusk on Sep 23, 2007, 08:53:08 AM
Nowadays we have more hotties or regular good looking people around than 30 years ago.
So?

The only reason it's not a good idea to compare the original Alien and Pred films' characters is because it would make more sense for the existing films to have pretty people given that they have smaller population numbers. In a town of 5000+ people, we get stuck with all the teen heartthrobs? How the heck does that make sense?

The characters need some weathering to them. Even Newt, while cute, looked like shit because of the circumstances she was in.

Crom

There's some ugly people in the movie, like me and the other hobos and degenerates.  

SiL

Which just continues to enforce the slasher atmosphere! ;D

Colin's idea of a slasher seems to be as considered as his idea of what biomechanical is.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: SiL on Sep 23, 2007, 09:26:04 AM
The characters need some weathering to them. Even Newt, while cute, looked like shit because of the circumstances she was in.

And you do know that she looked like that because she's been hiding for days or weeks from the Aliens, do you? She wasn't able to take a bath or clean herself up. Do you expect the child in this movie to like that the moment it spots an Alien? Maybe we should wait until we've seen the movie, to see whether or not the characters start to look like shit throughout the course of the movie.

Crom

Quote from: SiL on Sep 23, 2007, 09:28:49 AM

Colin's idea of a slasher seems to be as considered as his idea of what biomechanical is.

Yes, all of the Aliens just stalk their prey slowly but then GASP they are right behind the cabin door!

As for the biomechanical, the PredAlien is a very intricate design that you will get to see better in the film and models but whatevs

gameoverman

Quote from: Crom on Sep 23, 2007, 10:49:31 AM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 23, 2007, 09:28:49 AM

As for the biomechanical, the PredAlien is a very intricate design that you will get to see better in the film and models but whatevs

Yeah, this is why I am reserving judgement on the predalien until I see a clearer pic. 

SiL

Quote from: Crom on Sep 23, 2007, 10:49:31 AM
Still doesn't look any more biomechanical than the other Aliens.

Corporal Hicks

But the knee SiL! The knee!

SiL

Even the knee isn't biomechanical! I don't care what anyone else says. Woe!

Which really confuses me, cos ADI clearly has copies of Giger's Alien, yet they don't seem to be able to incorporate any of that into their designs.

Aeus

From what I've seen of the PredAlien's body, it does seem quite Biomechanical when compared to the rest of Aliens we've seen. But we can't be definate about anything concerning the PredAliens looks, as we haven't seen enough to make resonable judgements.

Alienseseses

Remember how people used to say things like
QuoteI've also noticed that I actually kinda feel bad for the people getting completely ripped apart which is exactly what you want in this kind of movie.

I mean in all the originals you actually cared when someone died but in the newer ones mainly AVP your like kill them already or man they didn't die bad enough.

tommygun

This cast is no different from those of other tv sci-fi and slasher films.  Cardboad cutouts with a certain type or look...

The Chibi Kiriyama

We're just going to have to live with the fact that these models are portraying significant characters. Hopefully, they're actually worth having in the film and die some bloody deaths by the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed