Method of atmospheric entry

Started by The Chibi Kiriyama, Sep 09, 2007, 01:48:18 AM

Author
Method of atmospheric entry (Read 1,060 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

I know that the method by which we're shown that the Predators use for solo hunts to land on a planet is that metallic pod, but is there an explanation besides having the ship come back for them to return to space? AVP sort of alludes to what looks like a teleportation device, but I would imagine that the ship's return would be outside of the case of a solo hunt and more applicable to a whole group. I mean, if it wasn't and it just applied to every hunt then why would they use the metallic pods in the first place? Wouldn't it just be easier to cloak the ship and have it land?

arnold23

arnold23

Maybe he wasnt coming back...or didnt want to.

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Maybe he just calls the Predator mothership to send a small ship to go get him with his wrist pad or something.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 09, 2007, 01:48:18 AM
AVP sort of alludes to what looks like a teleportation device

When?  You're not just talking about the spotlight in the flashback, are you?

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

I don't think the spotlight scene in AVP an any way indicates teleportation technology. The most telling factor against this is simply the realisation that if they had technology like that they would surely use it instead of the pods. They use the pods, ergo they don't have teleporters. Frankly I don't think such technology fits either with the whole 'feel' we get from the Predators, or the wider AVP universe. Everything else is based on much more concrete technology, and I think the beam of light we see is supposed to be just that.

The Chibi Kiriyama

While the beam of light is a bit of a stretch in terms of transportation...I suppose it could be simply because it's...um, important or something all of a sudden because of its kill...I don't quite see how the pods invalidate other means of transportation. Like I said before, if the ships are superior there'd be no use for the pods in the first place.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

predators are hardcore man.  they can't do anything easy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed