Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 956,181 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Excited for 1.34 for Europa Universalis 4 soon, as northern Europe gets a major rework.

Besides revisiting my favourite nation to play as Sweden/Swedish Empire, I also want to try out other stuff like playing the Livonian Order (present day Latvia/Estonia) with it's new mission tree, where I aim to secularize into the Kingdom of Lavonia and play tall (meaning development > conquest) as well as make Prussia a historical ally which may involve starting an independence war on Prussia's behalf against Poland-Lithuania first.

Also enjoying some great nostalgia with Pokemon Crystal (Gameboy colour and all).

Got a team plan set up, with a little help with Silver, a 2nd gameboy, and a link cable, as well I decided to make it slightly interesting by having a couple rules, mainly no fighting with starters, no fighting with legendaries, and no HM Fly (can't wait to get bike).

- Ninetails (Fire) with egg Vulpix as a pseudo starter, and to be balanced I choose Cyndaquil so that rival would pick Totodile
- Forretress (Bug/Steel)
- Lanturn (Water/Electric)
- Miltank (Normal)
- Umbreon (Dark)
- Nidoking (Poison/Ground)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 21, 2022, 09:39:52 AMCall of Duty Vanguard.

Got it for the singleplayer. Anything World War 2, I love playing.

Any good?

I went off Call of Duty a long time ago, but I do occasionally pick up an older one if I can find it for cheaps.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I know you didn't ask me, but it's really awful.

My apologies but I think the COD videogames have been creatively bankrupt garbage made by an extremely slimy company for a long time now, for Vanguard in particular the story in question suffers a lot from characters who are written to be quirky and identifiable rather than believable, and the historical anachronisms are taken to absolutely ridiculous heights, red dot sights and attachments in that era? Give me a break.

The rest of it is covered in the stink of that pay half the rest of the product's price to own a tenth of the cosmetics if that and lootboxes modern shooters are now sadly much known for.

I'd nearly recommend anything else over a modern Activision or Ubisoft title.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, thrilling stuff so far. Amazing, varied set pieces. Graphics and cut scenes are great. Just spent the last mission assaulting a huge bunker on a jungle island filled with Japanese soldiers.

The only thing I don't like is in cutscenes, the Germans and Russians speak English to each other which just wouldn't ever happen. Not sure what's wrong with using subtitles. And the German commander is played by LOST's Dominic Monaghan. Probably watched too much Lost so I don't really buy him as a Nazi.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 22, 2022, 10:25:04 AM
Quote from: Darkness on Aug 21, 2022, 09:39:52 AMCall of Duty Vanguard.

Got it for the singleplayer. Anything World War 2, I love playing.

Any good?

I went off Call of Duty a long time ago, but I do occasionally pick up an older one if I can find it for cheaps.
If you're not playing it for historical accuracy or tactical realism and you're instead playing it for the spectacle and setpieces, it's a good time.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

MCC and Fireteam Elite.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finished the Pathogen expansion and did some "cleanup" of the last unlockables.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hopping between Tomb Raider (1996) and Tomb Raider (2013).

Wweyland

Wweyland

Started playing Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem after hearing good things about it.
Not seeing the love though.

Razz

Razz

God Of War (PS5)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Europa Universalis 4

The 1.34 "Sweden" update launched today so I've been playing as the updated Livonian Order albeit with trial and error.

The ultimate aim though as the Livonian Order for me is to eventually secularize from being a monastic order to being a kingdom and forming Livonia, and to be a Baltic kingdom/empire that unifies the Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians and Prussians as accepted cultures. Estonians and Latvians I already start out with, I'll need to conquer Lithuania (just Lithuania proper and not the entirety of it that extends into Ukraine at this point in history), and subjugate the Teutonic Order who reside in East/West Prussia region.

From there I intend to play tall (development > conquest), maybe colonize (which the new mission tree helps with), and be prepared to defend against Russia and Poland or even just attack them for money, prestige and mana points if my army/alliances are good enough.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

My Kingdom of Livonia in the year 1621.

I leaned into playing tall via development, and so despite my initially small appearance I've actually got 108k manpower and a current army of 75k with room for further growth, and an income of $36 even with army and fleet fully maintained as well as of other expenses like advisors and forts.

That and with my military ideas and militant government type I was able to win my latest defensive war against the invading Russians with a 223k army against my 75k, yes, I won. I let them start sieging my forts which are are stronger though the mission tree as well as ramparts that add more defensiveness as well as add more attrition to enemies, then especially at Revel in the north I encircle them and fight them on the fort for defender's advantage, and I've even stack wiped their armies sometimes this way (the army stack no longer exist, they're just super dead).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

About halfway through Tomb Raider (1996).

Wweyland

Wweyland

Finished Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem and will probably try Doom Eternal next.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Started trying out Gears Tactics and I'm enjoying it so far!

I'm looking forward to Aliens: Dark Descent, and I see a lot of people comparing it to Xcom. I've never really played a strategy game like that, so I tried Xcom 2 a bit and liked the gameplay but couldn't get into the story, aesthetic, or world so much.

I used to be a big Gears of War fan back in the Xbox 360 days, so mixing that world/aesthetic with Xcom gameplay seems to be a combo that works for me!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed