Favourite Predator Weapon?

Started by Dekapitator, Jan 27, 2007, 05:48:43 PM

What's your favorite Predator weapon?

Wristblades (P1/P2/AvP/AvPR/Predators)
292 (41.2%)
Shoulder Cannon (P1/P2/AvP/AvPR/Predators)
164 (23.1%)
Combstick (P2)
62 (8.7%)
Speargun (P2)
10 (1.4%)
Netgun (P2)
27 (3.8%)
Disc (P2)
66 (9.3%)
Shuriken (AvP/AvPR)
39 (5.5%)
Wrist gauntlet projectile (P2)
3 (0.4%)
Self-destruct device (P1/P2/AvP)
13 (1.8%)
Whip (AVPR)
27 (3.8%)
Laser Mines (AvPR)
0 (0%)
Power Glove (AvPR)
6 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 644

Author
Favourite Predator Weapon? (Read 85,000 times)

Pvthudson007

Pvthudson007

I happen to like a lot of them for different reasons. I like wrist blades because it is the only one that seems primitive for a predator. It doesn't give them as much of an advantage as other weapons do. The disc is just badass to me. Its awesome in AvP when one of the predators (can't remember which one) is just throwing it at aliens and chopping them to bits. Predator 2 is awesome to me and the part when Danny Glover maims the predator with it symbolizes the difference between having technology and not having it. Without it he doesn't have a chance, but with it he does. The predator kills people with it for sport, he uses it for self defense. The net is awesome to but it is too advantageous for the predator. The spear is another cool weapon with some balance. I like hunting weapons really but the disc is just really cool. Some of the weapons on here from like avpr I don't even recognize. Although I actually liked the laser mines because it fits the predators weapons in that setting. Having to fight something that is actually stronger than them means they should have more weapons.

NeoXenoPred

NeoXenoPred

My favourite is the plasma caster. The futuristic weapon out of all Preds armoury.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I always loved the netgun, a very hunter-like weapon. Also love the whip, I thought it was a cool addition.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2007, 05:54:07 PM
It's wierd we never actually saw the speargun. I haven't gotten the new P2SE yet, does it mention the speargun anywhere on that?
Wasn't there a spear gun that the predator used in P 2? It wasn't a rifle but more of a wrist weapon. He used it to kill the Jamaican voodoo posse member with the terrible hat.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You see the speartip/projectile but never the part that shoots it iirc.

The Predator does use a wrist mounted weapon later on but that seemed energy based than spear.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2017, 10:40:14 AM
You see the speartip/projectile but never the part that shoots it iirc.

The Predator does use a wrist mounted weapon later on but that seemed energy based than spear.
Good point I always figured it was the same weapon.  I'd love to see a speargun in a movie someday! My favorite weapon would be the spear. Id love to see with a proclivity toward the staff/spear. Could you imagine a predator who's a trained weapons expert. A Ray Park(Darth Maul) like actor.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to see something like that too. Or a sword. I've got a fanboy hope for a Predator that rocks up with a sword that uses an Alien tongue or tail or something as a handle.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The tongue would have to be a spear, based on it's structure.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Could be cut down.

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

Wristblades and combistick the classic ones.

Wysps

Wysps

Wristblades, followed by either the whip or combistick. 

QuoteGood point I always figured it was the same weapon.  I'd love to see a speargun in a movie someday! My favorite weapon would be the spear. Id love to see with a proclivity toward the staff/spear. Could you imagine a predator who's a trained weapons expert. A Ray Park(Darth Maul) like actor.

It'd be great to see an actor that's also agile enough to move around effortlessly in that costume.  A master of weaponry and movement - that would be amazing to see.  But due to the human condition (i.e. that awesome pred suit), to make this happen, it might border on CGI territory...  I think introducing preds with actual specialties would be neat though.

Kailem

Kailem

That was one of the (many) things I liked about how they handled his movement in certain shots in the first film, attaching a bungee rope to the outfit to take most of the weight so Kevin Peter Hall could move quicker and more freely than he would have otherwise been able to. It's the sort of great practical solution I feel like they should use more often to show him moving with the speed that you'd expect, rather than being encumbered by the natural weight of the suit.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Love the speargun from the games. Great for dismembering and packs a nice punch.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 18, 2018, 03:28:32 PM
Love the speargun from the games. Great for dismembering and packs a nice punch.

Yeah beheading people in AVP2 was such a delight ! And hearing Prince laugh his ass off after that was even better ! I remember two consecutive decapitations with the speargun and he laughs even harder the second time  :laugh:

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Wrist blades and plasma caster.
To be fair, I like a lot of their weapons. Spear, speargun, netgun and disc etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed