PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread

Started by Space Sweeper, Feb 21, 2013, 11:58:53 AM

Author
PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread (Read 66,767 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Even though it's primordial by now.
I have no mouth & I must scream, had it down long beforehand.

And I prefer Telltale's The Wolf Among Us so far.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Mar 04, 2014, 04:28:29 PM
Never heard of it.

Still have yet to play that as well.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 04, 2014, 04:30:49 PM
Never heard of it.

Still have yet to play that as well.

It's based on the short story and has the same system of "If you make a mistake there's no going back" that Heavy Rain has.
And it's story although excentric is still more believable than Heavy Rain as well as having more choice & consequence.

And if Heavy Rain being compared to Telltale is an advanced Point 'n' Click then I have no mouth is traditional.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The only real story element I didn't buy in Heavy Rain that totally took me out of the story was
Spoiler
when the fat police detective who turned out to be the killer killed the old man at the clock store.  Since you played him through that sequence and you didn't kill the guy it seems kind of like the writers out clevered themselves and then just hoped nobody would notice/care looking back.
[close]

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 04, 2014, 09:58:52 PM
The only real story element I didn't buy in Heavy Rain that totally took me out of the story was
Spoiler
when the fat police detective who turned out to be the killer killed the old man at the clock store.  Since you played him through that sequence and you didn't kill the guy it seems kind of like the writers out clevered themselves and then just hoped nobody would notice/care looking back.
[close]

David Cage actually made the public statement of "Please don't play it again."
Because even he knows it has no-replay value.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Mar 04, 2014, 10:06:01 PM
Spoiler
[close]

These kinds of games aren't supposed to have replay value. Kind of ruins the significance of your choices.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I replayed it twice and was fine with it.  My only actual gripe is the lack of gameplay.  Quicktiming it through a game isn't my idea of gaming, but I didn't find the story to be all that bad.  Certainly sillier stuff has been on TV/Movies/Other games.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 04, 2014, 10:16:17 PM
Spoiler
[close]

These kinds of games aren't supposed to have replay value. Kind of ruins the significance of your choices.

No what you said is contradictory.
If the game has no replay-value your choices had no effect in the first place, it's just the illusion of choice.

Where- as if your choices do effect, the gameplay and story your choices actually do matter.
I have no mouth & I must scream, The Witcher 2 and DA:O all do this perfectly.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Mar 04, 2014, 10:34:34 PM
Spoiler
[close]

No it wasn't. Going through a game only once makes your choices more significant than if you just played through multiple times picking whatever you want.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Heavy Rain is one of those games I've always wanted to play but just never got around to it. I tried watching one let's play of it and had to stop because I was too interested and wanted to play the game for myself.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 04, 2014, 10:42:18 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Mar 04, 2014, 10:34:34 PM
Spoiler
[close]

No it wasn't. Going through a game only once makes your choices more significant than if you just played through multiple times picking whatever you want.

That's fine if you only intend to play through the game once, but then if that's true and the choices don't matter you might as well be watching a movie.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

You can choose to play the game more than once but for this genre it doesn't make much sense to me as it seems to ruin the game.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 04, 2014, 11:49:15 PM
You can choose to play the game more than once but for this genre it doesn't make much sense to me as it seems to ruin the game.

For TWD it will work across seasons but not on an individual level.

For Dragon Age it completely works.

For Heavy Rain, it will never work, you can't even role-play it since it's basically a film.
Beyond is worse though I will give it that.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I don't get what you're trying to say.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

He's saying your opinion is invalid Cal.

You are playing checkers and he's playing chess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed