Deadliest Alien!

Started by galaxys ultimate hunter, Aug 30, 2010, 01:29:01 AM

Which is most dangerous?

Aliens of the Alien Movies (Alien,Aliens,Alien 3)
76 (84.4%)
The aliens from Alien Resurrection
10 (11.1%)
The aliens in AVP and AVPR
16 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2010, 01:29:01 AM

Author
Deadliest Alien! (Read 55,002 times)

predxeno

predxeno

The aliens smelling fire theory makes sense.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: MadassAlex on Aug 31, 2010, 02:50:39 AM
I'm pretty sure it's aware of Dallas before he used the flamethrower.

Dammit youre right. He started using it when he was already alerted of its presence

SM

SM

A deaf man could've heard Dallas in that duct...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2010, 02:56:48 AM
A deaf man could've heard Dallas in that duct...

And yet it took time before the alien reacted. The "poor hearing" works here

SM

SM

The poor hearing is entirely unsubstantiated.

predxeno

predxeno

The alien could have just waited.  They aren't perfect machines, they could probably sometimes show irrational behavior like us humans.  We are only organisms, after all.

SM

SM

Based on the tracker signal it wasn't waiting very long.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2010, 03:03:05 AM

Its mentioned in the novelization, thats a starting point. I think it works. Dallas was talking and walking around in the ducts and there sure is some echo there. As you said, a deaf man would hear him, yet the alien wasnt alerted about his presence untill it got much closer. Then it stopped and resumed after Dallas used the flamethrower. In Aliens the aliens didnt even flinch when marines were walking around but started waking up when they used flamethrowers. The density in the air and the bruning smell mightve been what alerted them

predxeno

predxeno

I'd say it could be the sudden change in heat temperature, and perhaps the sudden brightness of the flame.

SM

SM

Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 31, 2010, 03:10:11 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2010, 03:03:05 AM

Its mentioned in the novelization, thats a starting point. I think it works. Dallas was talking and walking around in the ducts and there sure is some echo there. As you said, a deaf man would hear him, yet the alien wasnt alerted about his presence untill it got much closer. Then it stopped and resumed after Dallas used the flamethrower. In Aliens the aliens didnt even flinch when marines were walking around but started waking up when they used flamethrowers. The density in the air and the bruning smell mightve been what alerted them

Could be any number of things.  Bad hearing seems utterly nonsensical.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 31, 2010, 03:11:18 AM
I'd say it could be the sudden change in heat temperature, and perhaps the sudden brightness of the flame.

Could be, but why werent they and the original alien alerted earlier?

predxeno

predxeno

The EU material and the special features of AVPR seem to support the idea that aliens have echolocation.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 31, 2010, 03:19:01 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Aug 31, 2010, 03:11:18 AM

Could be, but why werent they and the original alien alerted earlier?

They were hibernating.

SM

SM

QuoteThe EU material and the special features of AVPR seem to support the idea that aliens have echolocation.

Which is somewhat limiting if you have to look through a window.

predxeno

predxeno

I thought we were talking about the alien having bad hearing when tracking Dallas.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

We were talking about Alien senses in general. The last page or so has been a subdiscussion of that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed