Christies Death?

Started by wolfboy22, Sep 29, 2009, 07:26:10 PM

Author
Christies Death? (Read 4,107 times)

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

This scene has always bothered me from Alien Resurrection so I have to ask this question: why didn't Christie just shake the alien off his foot after its been killed? If this scene was meant to show Christies sacrifice for Vriess then it doesn't really make much sense because there was no need for him to.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It depends on what kind of acid Aliens bleed/spit, because there are certain kinds of acids that actively attack internal systems even if the initial "burns" don't look that bad.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

because he was a black guy  :D

SM

SM

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Like SM said there is an existng thread. And I would say if you combined Xenomrph's and xenomorph36's answers you pretty much have it.

SM

SM

Short answer - the acid made Christie weak and therefore a liability. 

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The rest of the movie could not contain his awesome.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I agree with Kimarhi, keeping Christie in would have been a + and we all know A:R was incapable of that.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

I think it was stupid, he was a cool character and I didn't want him to die.

SM

SM

Was it stupid when Hicks was turned into a cripple from his acid wounds?

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2009, 12:14:58 AM
lol that too.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2009, 12:14:58 AM

At least he did not die. But he did in A3 so yeah f**k them f**king Fox.

SM

SM

Christie didn't die either.  Unlike Hicks though, he didn't have anyone to help him.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2009, 01:22:20 AM
Christie didn't die either.  Unlike Hicks though, he didn't have anyone to help him.

Well one way or another I am pretty sure he died. I mean if the acid did not burn enough into his head, then I think he might of drowned and if that did not get him I am guessing the big ship crashing and the nuclear scale explosion that followed would have.

It is too bad no one helped him. I mean any of the characters could have jumped down to get him, I mean what with the three grown men capable of doing it and super woman Ripley 8. All the Xenos and eggs we can see were killed.

SM

SM

Well obviously he died - drowned most likely.

Thing is about someone going to help him - they would've also had to help Vriess, the floor at the bottom of the shaft was on fire, so they couldn't climb down, it would've been very slow, and they had no idea if more Aliens were behind them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed