Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 60,772 times)

MadassAlex

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 21, 2010, 12:59:49 PM
Please, just don't. Stop trying to come up with excuses for why Rebellion scewed this part up. It's not like the helmet had 10 other vision modes, all for different situations and the Xeno vision isn't among them because they didn't expect Xenos. For heaven's sake, they went to the planet knowing full well that their Pyramid had been desecrated. A Pyramid that houses a freaking Queen. So knowing you're getting down on that planet, especially after watching footage of Aliens killing your damn youngbloods, why wouldn't you bring the appropriate vision along? The other 2 games had them from the start.

I guess the short answer is:

For fun. Same reason the Rookie doesn't start with a pulse rifle and can't get one until a particular scripted point. The limitation imposed on you makes the battles more tense. Because you can't easily point out Aliens until later in the game, you're at their tactical mercy until then. Which is fine. It's fun.

You may as well ask why you don't start with the disc and the combistick. If the Predator knew that he was going into an Alien hotspot, why didn't he bring the full arsenal?

And if nothing else, maybe the Predator just didn't give a damn. Going into an Alien infested zone with a mask that can't point them out? Hell yeah. Classic Predator arrogance. Or perhaps (these) Predators construct their own masks and have to build the vision modes themselves. We don't really know and it doesn't matter.

'Cause it's fun to fight Aliens when you don't know where they are.

Dusk

Dusk

I'm looking forward to the sequel already. Then we'll have no vision modes at all and have to stumple around in the dark, just like any other ordinary human. But hey, that increases the challenge so it's fun. Then in the game after that, we'll start bare handed, with no weapons whatsoever and have to find our wristblades on the way, while we're being hunted by humans and aliens. Awesome.

Now stop justifying that crap. We had both vision modes from the start in the previous 2 games. The vision modes were in the demo. But for some braindead reason they decided to change it at last minute and have us look for a ancient mask that is also ugly as sin.

MadassAlex

That's just being facetious.

Your plasma caster still locks on. You still get melee lock. They still have to engage in melee combat to damage you.

The only difference is that they'll be more successful at sneaking up on you, but if you position yourself carefully it doesn't even matter.

Dusk

Dusk

Why have vision modes at all then if it doesn't matter? You can lock on to humans too without the appropriate vision mode. So from now on then, let's start without them in every game.

cloverfan98

This is more of a technical question, but when I'm playing as the Predator I can't sswitch weapons. I can as the Marine, but for some reason I can't switch from wristblades to Plasma caster as a Predator. Anyone know whats going on?

Dusk

Dusk

You don't switch from plasmacaster to wristblades, you're using both at the same time. L1 and R1 are for wristblades, R2 is for the plasmacaster. Later when you get additional weapons, you can switch between them on the digi-pad. All the weapons are fired or thrown with R2.

Xenodog

First, you know Gunslinger? (Kill 30 enemies with the pistol) is that online or offline?

And Grim Reaper, does that include the two who commit suicide? And how do you get the one in the labs at the start, and the one in the swamp who hides?

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: Xenodog on Feb 21, 2010, 05:20:23 PM
First, you know Gunslinger? (Kill 30 enemies with the pistol) is that online or offline?

And Grim Reaper, does that include the two who commit suicide? And how do you get the one in the labs at the start, and the one in the swamp who hides?

I got my Gunslinger from SP.

As for harvesting, the ones that suicide can be harvested if you find the right way. Don't think the first civvies count on the first level (as you cant harvest any of them).

What you mean by the swamp thing? AFAIK, there's only 2 there, one that is outside when you go into the area and the other one who is in the building you can get to after you break the antenna thingy.  ???

MrLee

MrLee

By the sounds of things, sounds to me like they shoulda released Colonial Marines for the single player experience. Sucks they aint releasing it because they opted to release this instead.

Xenodog

Quote from: Dowly on Feb 21, 2010, 05:36:17 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Feb 21, 2010, 05:20:23 PM

I got my Gunslinger from SP.

As for harvesting, the ones that suicide can be harvested if you find the right way. Don't think the first civvies count on the first level (as you cant harvest any of them).

What you mean by the swamp thing? AFAIK, there's only 2 there, one that is outside when you go into the area and the other one who is in the building you can get to after you break the antenna thingy.  ???

Thanks.  ;)

Looks like the suicidal ones are gonna' take a little more skill. :P

cloverfan98

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 21, 2010, 04:13:04 PM
You don't switch from plasmacaster to wristblades, you're using both at the same time. L1 and R1 are for wristblades, R2 is for the plasmacaster. Later when you get additional weapons, you can switch between them on the digi-pad. All the weapons are fired or thrown with R2.

I'm using a PC though.

Adey

Adey

Dead Space was scary as hell, they did the same thing that rebellion have done no/rubbish first weapon to scare you and other weapons and gadgets to collect along the way, because if you had all weapons and gadgets to begin with it would'nt be as difficult and you would only complain that there were'nt enough collectables in the game

DB

DB

Quote from: John_Kimble on Feb 20, 2010, 11:47:38 PM
The ending should've given you the answer...

Spoiler
When? ??? You mean how Six is KO'ed when then Queen dies? Was the Queen supposed to be controlling Six or something?
[close]

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Feb 21, 2010, 06:13:34 PM
I'm using a PC though.

Didn't think about that. Just go to options and configurations.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DB on Feb 21, 2010, 06:19:15 PM
Quote from: John_Kimble on Feb 20, 2010, 11:47:38 PM
The ending should've given you the answer...

Spoiler
When? ??? You mean how Six is KO'ed when then Queen dies? Was the Queen supposed to be controlling Six or something?
[close]

Supposed to be damaging on the Hivemind...It hurts 6.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed