Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 10,601 times)

Feeds On Minds

I'm starting to think this movie is going to be nothing more than derivative nostalgia-bait memberberries.
Call-backs are just as suspension of disbelief breaking and bad special effects.

E. Shaw

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 03, 2024, 07:41:10 PMI'm having a hard time understanding why we feel this new Alien needs to look exactly like Big Chap, down to the last molecule. As long as the biomechanic elements are there, it has 6 fingers on each hand, a barbed tail, a pair of plantigrade legs, 4 back tubes, and a single back spine, things like simple color variations and slightly different head shapes shouldn't bug people so much.

It's not an exact clone. It's another animal of the same species. Not all tigers look alike.

Cuz we must have what was novel and new but over and over so its not new to feel a shred of what we did but still not be satisfied cuz its an echo. XD

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

I really love how much the xeno looks like a practical effect in this shot.

I know they've said from the beginning that they went mostly practical for Romulus, but I always have that sceptic part in the back of my mind that expects it to be just a marketing ploy when they say that for a modern movie. It's nice to actually see and feel the practical promise from a still.

BigDaddyJohn

This new alien being a bit different makes sense from the intel we have, so that doesn't bother me.

TheBATMAN

Is the back of its head missing? It looks so strange.

Acid_Reign161

I'm already looking forward to pre-ordering the new xeno from NECA 😁

JAWS -the Revenge

JAWS -the Revenge

This film will no doubt be good.
But the call backs do look lame and obvious.
As long as they don't ruin the legacy of the Big Chap.
The film looks like A:R and yikes - Marvel EU. Officially Scared 📡

Mr.M

Mr.M

I'm kind of wondering now if a new trailer will be attached with the Planet of the Apes film coming out on May 8th.

I see the rear part of his dome is missing. If this is "Big Chap", the dome could have been damaged, or he has been experimented on by the scientists, in which they removed part of his dome? Really interesting photo.

SiL

Quote from: Mr.M on May 03, 2024, 10:03:42 PMI see the rear part of his dome is missing. If this is "Big Chap",
It's not.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2024, 10:09:15 PM
Quote from: Mr.M on May 03, 2024, 10:03:42 PMI see the rear part of his dome is missing. If this is "Big Chap",
It's not.

Any change in your expectations?

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 07:59:35 PM
Spoiler
Big Chap looks like Big Chap. The new Xeno is its own thing, and I personally don't feel comparing all the details between the two is all that necessary. It's a new design, which is expected with every new movie. I really dug the new look, and am excited for the toys to come out of it. Did not have the same feeling when I watched Covenant.
[close]

Ahh, so is this new image actually of
Spoiler
the 'human-like' xeno
[close]
that was mentioned in previous leaks? If so, that majorly puts my mind at rest
Spoiler
that we aren't getting something that looks remotely like the newborn
[close]
😃

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 03, 2024, 10:12:10 PMAhh, so is this new image actually of
Spoiler
the 'human-like' xeno
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
😃

Not necessarily.

cucuchu

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 03, 2024, 10:12:10 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 07:59:35 PM
Spoiler
Big Chap looks like Big Chap. The new Xeno is its own thing, and I personally don't feel comparing all the details between the two is all that necessary. It's a new design, which is expected with every new movie. I really dug the new look, and am excited for the toys to come out of it. Did not have the same feeling when I watched Covenant.
[close]

Ahh, so is this new image actually of
Spoiler
the 'human-like' xeno
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
😃

I don't think that is going to be shown in any previews or trailer... at least I hope not.

D-13

It has it hunched, bakwards, toward it's body.
...back and down. (Imagine a limp dick to the right of the face....)

SiL

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 03, 2024, 10:12:10 PMAhh, so is this new image actually of
Spoiler
the 'human-like' xeno
[close]
that was mentioned in previous leaks?
No.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 03, 2024, 10:11:16 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2024, 10:09:15 PM
It's not.

Any change in your expectations?
The shot of Spaeny holding the rifle with a guy helping her has ramped the shitty midquel vibes to danger levels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed