The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 92,334 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

holy shit those run animations are hilariously retarded.

even compared to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WlaG59qtAs#

Dovahkiin

You sure about that? Thats kind of an overstatement, don't you think?

chupacabras acheronsis

i played AvP2 for years. i often used TPS mode with the aliens when i needed to see around corners and in open field combat. the crawling animation is still incredibly smooth and nice, all things considered.

this one just screams HUURF DUURF HUURF HUARRRFGHGHGHGH

Dovahkiin

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 06, 2012, 05:49:56 PM
i played AvP2 for years. i often used TPS mode with the aliens when i needed to see around corners and in open field combat. the crawling animation is still incredibly smooth and nice, all things considered.

I disagree. I think it looks good. Loads better than AVP2. But you know your opinion is your opinion. As is mine.

spychi

spychi

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 06, 2012, 05:49:56 PM

Well I will side with this but as I said it's still almost a year away from releasing.

Actually I will report this directly to gearbox, hopefully they willl adress it in the right way...and honestly anyone could do it from this forums, since this is a problem that needs fixing. (to cut the confusion here I am talking about the xenomorph run animatiom and drone not walking on two legs, the run on 4 legs seems a more realistic though)

Bio Mech Hunter

The visuals are quite good, but the game definitely needs a lot of work. I can see why it was delayed to 2013. Which can only be a good thing. It's got potential, for sure. I'm trying to remain optimistic.

There are several things GB needs to address before launch if they really want this to be the authentic, high quality ALIENS title they're touting it to be. A few things that are irking me:

*The Motion Tracker ping is too slow.

*SFX need to be redone to match the film.

*Alien Warrior models are too f***ing small again. These suckers are suppose to be BIG. Why is this so difficult for developers to nail?

*The Alien animations need a lot of work. Especially transitional animations. Turning left and right - the model just slides on the floor. And what the hell's with the quadrupedal movement in modern Alien/AVP games? They're not all Runners.

*Acid damage doesn't appear to be a major problem for Marines - which is a major problem in of itself.

*The explosions need work. Especially with the way the models come apart.

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 04, 2012, 09:42:25 PM
Ever since they announced aliens are third person only, I've lost half my interest in this game.  :-[
I know what you mean. I LOVE playing as the Alien in first person. Unfortunately, most people just can't without getting disoriented or dizzy. GB should give us the option to use either first or third person perspective.

Rockybear

Crusher is just another ugly alien design
look at its thick chunky legs and fat claw, did it chest-bursted from a Triceratops ???
the aliens in Alien-trilogy possess some features which makes them look cool, one of which is thin and BONY body

Xeno Killer 2179

Ugly alien designs, ugly animations, terrible third person only xeno gameplay.

MP looks like dog sh*t to me.

Why even bother playing as an alien if you're not going to do it in first person? No immersion whatsoever.
The only reason they did third person was to make it easier for the casuals to wall walk. From the looks of it, wall walking is worse because the camera orientation doesn't even change now. There's no point to doing it at all because it doesn't seem to provide much of a tactical advantage anymore.

I was absolutely lethal in AVP 2010 because of wallwalking. At least that game got one thing right.

They need a 1st person option, or the gameplay will suck.

I'm more willing to forgive the blood and acid effects, along with the low res textures. Hopefully they get the pulse rifle and smartgun sound right by 2013.

looks "meh" at best, and mods better be possible.

:-[

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 06, 2012, 07:10:09 PM
Ugly alien designs, ugly animations, terrible third person only xeno gameplay.

MP looks like dog sh*t to me.

Why even bother playing as an alien if you're not going to do it in first person? No immersion whatsoever.
The only reason they did third person was to make it easier for the casuals to wall walk. From the looks of it, wall walking is worse because the camera orientation doesn't even change now. There's no point to doing it at all because it doesn't seem to provide much of a tactical advantage anymore.

I was absolutely lethal in AVP 2010 because of wallwalking. At least that game got one thing right.

They need a 1st person option, or the gameplay will suck.

I'm more willing to forgive the blood and acid effects, along with the low res textures. Hopefully they get the pulse rifle and smartgun sound right by 2013.

looks "meh" at best, and mods better be possible.

:-[
Wow. You're judging the textures when we have such a low quality video to go by? How would you know about the gameplay? I think that the third person view is great. You can see more and play with strategy that way. Your OPINION is not fact. I'm not saying mine is either, but I believe that this game will collectively blow us away. It is clearly a work in Progress, so why don't you wait until we get the finished product to judge it THAT much, eh?

DRAKE M.

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 06, 2012, 05:06:57 PM
Quote from: DRAKE M. on Jun 06, 2012, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 06, 2012, 03:38:01 PM
Quote from: DRAKE M. on Jun 06, 2012, 03:29:44 PM
No wonder the game was delayed again....graphics are lame and game play looks worse than AVP 2010. They need to start from scratch.
I disagree completely. The graphics and gameplay are good and solid, but oh well.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/haters-gonna-hate-2.jpg?w=500&h=642
Nothing about this game is jumping out as amazing to me...it's all just OK. The pulse rifles don't even sound like pulse rifles...all the time they have had to make this game, it should look AMAZING! Not average...
Your definition of OK is "graphics are lame and gameplay is worse than avp 2010"? Wow, you must have a very broad definition of OK. But that's alright. That is your opinion. I think it looks great.
Wow if you think this game looks great, you must have very low standards pal. This game looks like it's 10 years old already...I want this game to be great as much as the next guy...I'm just not seeing it.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 06, 2012, 07:18:29 PM
Wow. You're judging the textures when we have such a low quality video to go by? How would you know about the gameplay? I think that the third person view is great. You can see more and play with strategy that way. Your OPINION is not fact. I'm not saying mine is either, but I believe that this game will collectively blow us away. It is clearly a work in Progress, so why don't you wait until we get the finished product to judge it THAT much, eh?

Contrary to popular belief, you can easily see low res textures through shitty youtube compression. See the suspense trailer if you don't believe me. I also never said it was much of an issue, but I really hope the pc gets better assets than the consoles.

How do I know about the gameplay? Because several games already have used the 1st person for alien, and it works. I'm not saying don't include 3rd person, just don't make it our only choice. Such a huge gameplay change is too much of a gamble at this point. Oh, and I'll say it again. Immersion. You simply don't get immersion from playing third person. Half this game's audience are rabid aliens fans, and being better immersed into the most dangerous species of the galaxy is something you don't overlook.

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 06, 2012, 07:18:29 PM
I think that the third person view is great. You can see more and play with strategy that way.
That's what fish eye view is for. An alien should have a much wider field of view, but consoles don't have the horse power, once again. Most shooters are basically zoomed in in order to squeeze every last fps possible.

Of course I'm going to  judge every little aspect of it, but I obviously don't think this is the final product.

Thestig123x

Thestig123x

Quote from: Dowly on Jun 06, 2012, 01:39:03 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 06, 2012, 01:32:20 PM
Quote from: Dowly on Jun 06, 2012, 01:27:37 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Jun 06, 2012, 12:56:12 PM
More Gameplay, includes the Crusher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8czu39Vu_g#ws

00:35 - 00: 40

Yeah.. the 3rd person view is looking sooooo good.  ::)
What was wrong with that gameplay looked fine to me.

What is wrong is that in 3rd person view, unless the camera is 100% locked, you end up in situations where the camera glitches and you can't see fully which way you are going, just what happens at the 00:35 mark.

In 1st person view, such problems do not exist.

I really hope the new delay is for GBX to include optional 1st person view, because the 3rd person is going to be a very big issue to a lot of people.

Not for me, Its a breath of fresh air if u ask me, yeah there are some niggles with it, but the third person is overall very good, much  better than what i was expecting, but I agree, they should give options in case someone is more comfortable playing FP, but TP is more appropriate for a xeno XD

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Jun 06, 2012, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 06, 2012, 03:38:01 PM
Quote from: DRAKE M. on Jun 06, 2012, 03:29:44 PM
No wonder the game was delayed again....graphics are lame and game play looks worse than AVP 2010. They need to start from scratch.
I disagree completely. The graphics and gameplay are good and solid, but oh well.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/haters-gonna-hate-2.jpg?w=500&h=642
Nothing about this game is jumping out as amazing to me...it's all just OK. The pulse rifles don't even sound like pulse rifles...all the time they have had to make this game, it should look AMAZING! Not average...
I'm curious, how long do YOU actually think they've worked on this game?
Cos in truth it is about the same time as any normal game ( 2 years I think it was, they mentioned it has the same development time as borderlands)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed