What if Hr Giger designed a predator?

Started by Wraith, Dec 19, 2007, 12:57:52 AM

Author
What if Hr Giger designed a predator? (Read 9,523 times)

Predboy

Yes I most certainly do. I wouldn't want to see literally a sexual tyrannosaurus running around taking out Dutch's team (since im hearing that this guy's art all have sexual content). The predator that Stan created is PERFECT for the film we got. Anything else would just be crap IMO.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predboy on Dec 20, 2007, 01:31:31 AM
Yes I most certainly do. I wouldn't want to see literally a sexual tyrannosaurus running around taking out Dutch's team (since im hearing that this guy's art all have sexual content). The predator that Stan created is PERFECT for the film we got. Anything else would just be crap IMO.

In your world anything different is out of the question.

Predboy

*sighs*

Different people have different opinions, you dont like them, oh well. Im just saying that the predator wouldn't be as great as it is now IMO. See that, IN MY OPINION. If Giger wanted to try and redesign the predator, fine by me, but I still think it wont be as good as Stan's.

ShadowPred

At first you were saying that the movie wouldn't be good if Giger designed the pred. That is what I am talking about, not the design.

Wraith

I done mean Giger changing the predator adding penis's and what, im sure he'd stick to the foundations of the original predator, i just want your opinions in how you would in vision his Armour and weapons designs.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think it will look the same but the amour will look differnt.

Rotaderp

I'm sure if Giger desinged the Predator it would be a less human looking creature and probably a much spikier head.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 20, 2007, 01:39:55 AM
At first you were saying that the movie wouldn't be good if Giger designed the pred. That is what I am talking about, not the design.

Yeah, goes for the movie as well. So I guess if you decided to use that trash of a design that was originally suppose to be the pred would it have been so succesful, HELL NO! The design of the creature plays a great role in making a movie good, it isn't the sole thing that will make it great, but its one thing that is required. The movie came out great, and what helped made it great was the creature in it. The design that Winston made, and I doubt the movie would have been as good if Giger designed the predator. Hell, I doubt we would even HAVE the predator now if he did.

Wraith

Wraith

Huol

Huol

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 20, 2007, 01:26:48 AM
Quote from: Predboy on Dec 20, 2007, 01:25:53 AM
If Giger designed the predator, the movie wouldn't have been HALF as great as it is.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about Predboy....no idea at all.

Yes he goddamn does.

The predators design was one of the main reasons the movie became so remembered.

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: Huol on Dec 20, 2007, 02:18:02 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 20, 2007, 01:26:48 AM
Quote from: Predboy on Dec 20, 2007, 01:25:53 AM
If Giger designed the predator, the movie wouldn't have been HALF as great as it is.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about Predboy....no idea at all.

Yes he goddamn does.

The predators design was one of the main reasons the movie became so remembered.

I agree with both these statements. Giger has a very dark style to his work, although it's not all overly sexual. (One piece of his work that sticks out in my mind is a canvas full of babies vomiting on one another for example!) But the Alien is HIS. No-one else could have created that, and likewise no-one else could have created the Predator like it was originally conceived.

It would be interesting to see what came up, but it would be purely just that. Interesting. Like seeing Angus Young playing a concert with Slipknot. Worlds apart. (Although now the idea has struck me I'd rather like to see that concert lol!)

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: Skull-hunter on Dec 19, 2007, 11:57:58 PM
Well, you got to admit that the guy was a little creepy.  He was a visionary and a great artist, but still a very strange guy.

Also I love Gigers vision and the way he creates such an amazing feeling of uneasiness in his designs, so don't think I'm knocking him. I'm a fan. But as it is said, "An artist will never be understood in his own time".

ShadowXeno

ShadowXeno

Quote from: D-101 on Dec 19, 2007, 08:45:42 PM
It's dreadlocks would look like penises. Man, Giger was a pervert....a pervert who creates creepy aliens.  :-[

I know this is too late but NEVER EVER FRIGGIN CALL GIGER A PERVERT!!!!! Yeah...I have a LARGE obsession over Giger's kickass artwork. He was strange but not a complete pshyco pervert. Anyways, a Giger-made Predator would be interesting but it would pretty much ruin the Pred. I'd imagine it's NOTHING like the Pred. It'd be biomechanical and be COMPLETLEY different. Which is what would ruin them.

LAWNMOWERMAN

if GIGER had design PREDATOR - then the design would had probably been similar in design to the ALIEN. reason why i say this is because he tends to incorporate certain shapes and objects etc. into his artwork and designs. example when he design SIL for SPECIES. the SIL design had very strong similarities to his ALIEN design

gameoverman

A HR Giger predator would look amazing with it's biomechanical design, since the predator technology always seemed more organic looking to me than technical.

Something like this maybe:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed