Alien ripoffs and requels

Started by hawkangel, Aug 26, 2016, 09:30:22 AM

Author
Alien ripoffs and requels (Read 100,668 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 22, 2017, 05:48:30 PMI personally really like Leviathan, I think its The Thing underwater, with Alien-like way of getting the thing on the ship (discovering a derelict ship, crew member infected etc), and its really good up until the very end

"Say, ah, motherf*cker!" :laugh:

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 22, 2017, 04:21:24 PMAre there any somewhat decent Alien rip offs or are they all just straight up shit?

It's not really an Alien rip-off, but you should check out Outland because visually it looks exactly like Alien (a lot of the same production crew worked on it). I mean it could literally be taking place at the same time in a different part of space. Not a bad movie either, although it's not horror.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, I'll have to give some of them a try.

Master

Master

Forbidden World aka. Mutant is one of my favorite (and guilty pleasure as it is). It has absolutely great lead character and babes. Some scenes are decent too.

In Galaxy of Terrors the crew are bunch of halfwits, on pair with Prometheus.  It has biggest production value ( and Lifeforce), wih really stunning sets,  but that's all I can say about it being good. Well actually gigant maggot rape scene is good too.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 23, 2017, 11:20:10 AM
It's not really an Alien rip-off, but you should check out Outland because visually it looks exactly like Alien (a lot of the same production crew worked on it). I mean it could literally be taking place at the same time in a different part of space. Not a bad movie either, although it's not horror.

Indeed.  They could literally transplant Sean Connery's character into an Aliens prequel about the infestation of the colony and he wouldn't seem even slightly out of place.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Master on Jan 23, 2017, 05:36:45 PM
Forbidden World aka. Mutant is one of my favorite (and guilty pleasure as it is). It has absolutely great lead character and babes. Some scenes are decent too.

In Galaxy of Terrors the crew are bunch of halfwits, on pair with Prometheus.  It has biggest production value ( and Lifeforce), wih really stunning sets,  but that's all I can say about it being good. Well actually gigant maggot rape scene is good too.
Well, I know which one is at the top of my list now. ;)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Master on Jan 23, 2017, 05:36:45 PM

Yeah, Galaxy of Terror really does look nice, but the movie is so awful I could never even reach the half of it

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 23, 2017, 11:20:10 AM

Though, someone should have let Jerry Goldsmith know that, because his score sounds like a continuation of some of the stuff he did in Alien. Creepy, unsettling. There's even bits and pieces of his motifs from Alien in there. The one that sticks out is you can hear bits that sound like they come right out of the EGG chamber sequence.

Also, I do love Leviathan. I just wish the ending wasn't so by-the-number and silly... And
Spoiler
Ernie Hudson shoulda lived!
[close]

Scorpio

Scorpio

Love Outland, I might pick up the blu ray at some point.

ScaryMinds

ScaryMinds

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 22, 2017, 04:21:24 PM
Are there any somewhat decent Alien rip offs or are they all just straight up shit?

Galaxy of Terror

Make up your own mind, there's this scene involving a giant maggot that has some cult following.

Kimo

Kimo

Not an Alien film, but check out the first Pumpkin Head movie. It's made by Stan Winston and the creature FX looks fantastic for a B movie. Pumpkin Head basically has a Xenomorphs body with a pumpkin shaped head. Like I said it's not a space monster but a demon from hell out for revenge, that looks very xenomorph ish. Also has Lance henriksen in it and the plot is decent.

PierreVW

PierreVW

After ALIEN(Ridley Scott), THE THING(John Carpenter) is the greatest movie of all time.

SiL

SiL

What does that have to do with anything?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

In his defense, I don't think it can ever be overstated how great The Thing is.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I concur with Local as well.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Sure, but it's neither an Alien rip-off nor an Alien requel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed