Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 400,833 times)

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 23, 2010, 12:21:47 AM
People that judge the reinvisioned Battlestar Galactica based solely on it's name/origin.

meh i loved the original when i was a kid so i love the new BSG

my only complaint was it took too long for them to decide if it was a remake, a reimagining, or actually set 40 years after the original within the same canon.

although last i heard Richard Hatch was STILL trying to get his BSG continuation (of the original seires) greenlit even after the reimagining took off.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: AvatarIII on Aug 23, 2010, 10:02:03 AM
my only complaint was it took too long for them to decide if it was a remake, a reimagining, or actually set 40 years after the original within the same canon.
Dude, that was clearly established through dialoge and character names in the first 3 minutes of the pilot movie  :D

If it was set 40 years after the original with the same canon, Starbuck has a sex change, and the whole crew stays forever ageless? Baltar later decides to don his cape?  :D

A remake? A sexy Cylon appears with the first minute.  :D

Caprica is nuked:D

[Alpha]Frost

Quote from: EEV2650 on Aug 23, 2010, 04:19:09 AM
Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Aug 21, 2010, 12:30:33 AM
I hate people who are so arrogant they assume everyone wants to listen to their music and blast it out on trains and buses. Does anyone else find it ironic these people always listen to shit music? Like Chupacabras said, get some bloody headphones!

I hate people who wear fake tan and look orange. Do they know how f**king stupid they look? lmao... This is one thing I will NEVER understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X9OdvjVfD8

I need to learn how to do that!

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 23, 2010, 10:03:42 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Aug 23, 2010, 10:02:03 AM
Dude, that was clearly established through dialoge and character names in the first 3 minutes of the pilot movie  :D

If it was set 40 years after the original with the same canon, Starbuck has a sex change, and the whole crew stays forever ageless? Baltar later decides to don his cape?  :D

A remake? A sexy Cylon appears with the first minute.  :D

Caprica is nuked:D

they kept having elements of the old series have happened in the first cylon war. including the whole "this has all happened before and it will happen again" thing.
a couple of times it was implied that Adama's callsign used to be apollo, and starbuck is just a callsign so anybody could inherit it. i dunno, maybe i'm just looking into it too much.

Space Sweeper

Definately not looking into it too much; just in the wrong way.

Those elements were meant to be purely referretial, and William Adama's old callsign was Husker, while his son's (Lee) is Apollo.
And "All of this has happened before and all of this has happened again"? A cool and mysterious statement that I'm happy they carried through on.

Spoiler
Beautiful use of it in the finale.
[close]

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 24, 2010, 09:26:09 AM
Definately not looking into it too much; just in the wrong way.

Those elements were meant to be purely referretial, and William Adama's old callsign was Husker, while his son's (Lee) is Apollo.
And "All of this has happened before and all of this has happened again"? A cool and mysterious statement that I'm happy they carried through on.

Spoiler
Beautiful use of it in the finale.
[close]

fair enough, i could have sworn that they said his callsign was apollo once, it's been a while since i watched them though, i should watch em again,

EEV2650

EEV2650

Nostril hair.

SM

SM

QuoteYou have to suspend your mind from thinking it is a completely sci-fi show.

That wasn't hard since it was so utterly dull.  The show suspended my mind for me.

The only reason I gave it a look in the first place was because of it's name/ origin.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Here's your reason- you were expecting a remake, or something very close to one, didn't find it, and were immediately turned off. We've been over this many times, were'nt expecting what you saw. And boring? My Gods no- as a fan of Alien, I would think you would be able to understand build up/development. If you were younger than me, this would be the part where I would say "kids these days".

Also, it's hard to judge shows you haven't followed. Unless it's a comedy, and the jokes just suck.

SM

SM

QuoteHere's your reason- you were expecting a remake, or something very close to one, didn't find it, and were immediately turned off.

No I was expecting to be entertained by an engaging story and interesting characters, and got neither in the few episodes I watched so didn't bother - which would indicate I didn't immediately turn it off.

I watched the first couple of eps and was really underwhelmed, then caught an episode late one night and though I'd give it another crack and remembered fairly quickly why I didn't care for it in the first place.

Though I wouldn't say I hated it - it was just boring like so many TV shows.  I don't care for big long story lines that won't have any proper conclusion.  Alien on the other hand has a beginning, middle and end in a two hour time frame.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2010, 06:09:06 AM
No I was expecting to be entertained by an engaging story and interesting characters
I really don't know what more could be done to entertain such a person. Since, to most human beings the story would be found engaging, and the characters would be interesting.

You could only imaging what it would be like if somebody went up to you and said "Alien sucks."

That's pretty much the case for me, at this moment- I'm just completely baffled.

SM

SM

I can fully appreciate why someone would say 'Alien sucks'.  They want more gore, they want less gore, they want more action, they don't want 45 minutes of nothing happening, they want to see more of the monster, they want to see less of the monster.

I wouldn't agree, but there's nothing baffling about it.

They wasted two hours - rather than 75 - waiting for something good to happen.

Space Sweeper

I'm talking about the aspect of your disagreement.

Anyhow, I hate internet arguments, so let's just agree to disagree.

SM

SM

QuoteI'm talking about the aspect of your disagreement.

The what now...?

chupacabras acheronsis

Long story short

2deep4u

i hate this shitty WAP internet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed